Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #46
second to none
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: How would Quigg fare against Santa Cruz?

Are people forgeting Quigg didn't beat Salinas, it was a draw why are people going on like Quigg won that? Are we saying his best result is a draw against a contender.
second to none is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #47
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoreastside View Post
Well - if indeed that is the case, it is in his interest to fight Salinas again and set the record straight, no?

Also where the hell IS Salinas. We've heard nothing from him since?
Anybody know where/why he is hiding????
yes i agree but i doubt it will happen soon
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #48
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by second to none View Post
Are people forgeting Quigg didn't beat Salinas, it was a draw why are people going on like Quigg won that? Are we saying his best result is a draw against a contender.
Officially it was a draw i had that 115 -113 to Quigg as many others did. As ive put elsewhere it wasnt so much Quiggs fault it was his coaches fault who tried to stroke his own ego by trying to be too clever and overestimated Salinas, and didnt let Quigg off the leash until midway through the fight. If Quigg had been let off the hook sooner he`d have stopped Salinas who he hurt a few times.
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #49
second to none
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
Officially it was a draw i had that 115 -113 to Quigg as many others did. As ive put elsewhere it wasnt so much Quiggs fault it was his coaches fault who tried to stroke his own ego by trying to be too clever and overestimated Salinas, and didnt let Quigg off the leash until midway through the fight. If Quigg had been let off the hook sooner he`d have stopped Salinas who he hurt a few times.
Could of should of would of, fact is the fight was a draw and a fair result, your score of course nothing wrong with that had it the same myself but not like the fight wasn't a fair result, Could easily see that fight as a draw and it was called as such. I agree Quigg would beat Salinas in a rematch but that doesn't change that the first fight was a draw and still Quiggs best result, a draw not a win.
second to none is online now  Top
Old 04-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #50
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Bit unfair that in my opinion though. Probley a silly thing to do but they executed what they were going to do precisely and still get criticised. They said they set out sacrificing early rounds to win mid to late ones, did exactly that, should have for the nod but didn't. Fair play to them they did what they said which should have got th the win. They won't take chances like that I wouldn't have thought bur you live and learn. Just because the result was unjust it doesn't mean he boxed badly. It's easy to criticise depending on who your favourite fighters are. I could say frampton smashed kiko up or could quite easily say he was almost level on the cards against a one dimensional boxer who can punch when framptons supposed to be a world class amateur boxer. Just depends what kind if spin you want to put on it you can do that with any close fights
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #51
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Another ko win for Kiko. Carl Framptons ko of Kiko is looking better and better all the time......
lencoreastside is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum