Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1231
Default Re: Who should Haye fight between now and February 2015

As to the OP......

If Haye is SERIOUS???????

IF........he's serious about 3 fights by March of next yr....

Richard Towers
Denis Boystov
Alexander Dimitrenko
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #17
Super Virgin
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Ruiz Jr is a fighter who would BEAT Haye.

And the guys he listed would be just as high profile/winnable as the ones you list.

Calling the OP a fool is re****ed, FOOL.
Agree.
Andy Ruiz Jr would KO Haye.
His hands are too fast.
Super Virgin is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5133

He ain't taking 2-3 tune ups. He's re****ed.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
chopper760
Journeyman

vCash: 500

haye would beat every heavyweight out there who isnt called klitchko
chopper760 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #20
Bill Patrice
Journeyman

Haye IS coming back. He has that mentality, even though he sold out big time. He is a BORN FIGHTER and there's only so much a retired millionaire can do before wanting to do what they love again. Actors don't stop working minus alcoholism, prescription drug abuse and death by misadventure. Politicians always remain active. Sportsmen of a high profile are no different if in a sport where they CAN always come back. A 44 year old heavyweight boxer can have a crack at the title again, a 44 year old footballer isn't ever going to play in the champion's league again, nor is a retired 50s something tennis player going to compete in wimbledon. A 59 year old great golfer can come back though and that's why they do.

I firmly believe Haye is desperate for some more recognition, for good or for bad. He WILL fight again. I also agree though that his chances of getting a Klitschko rematch are few and far between unless he would cede to a very low cut of the purse. Wladimir hates and I mean HATES him. Given how badly they matched up stylistically who knows, but at least Haye was competitive.

Truth is if Haye had fought common opponents as many wanted him to and got hard fought wins over; Arreola, Peter, Chambers, Briggs, Chagaev, Povetkin etc and seasoned himself and got a reality check about the current division he would have fared much better against Wladimir. Some kiss ass 'journalist' wrote Haye's biography and it was a specious insulting mess. Haye thought he could get millions against Harrison and then make arguably the biggest leap anyone has ever made in class for a superfight and win it easy because he had a big punch. The way he fought the fight was one of a very arrogant, inexperienced heavyweight who wasn't living in reality. If Haye proves himself against the 'opposition' he so arrogantly dismissed for years then he will be a better man/fighter/opponent.

I remember when he beat Ruiz, was in a bar somewhere in London and after the fight he said 'Eddie Chambers came in grossly out of shape, look at me I'm an athlete.' and I threw something at the screen. No one understood?? I said Haye doesn't know what he's talking about and it's gonna come back to bite him. It did.
Bill Patrice is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 01:59 AM   #21
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper760 View Post
haye would beat every heavyweight out there who isnt called klitchko
"haye would"

whatever dic.k head
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #22
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ustinov would be good,

but it'll maybe be an Audley rematch.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #23
David HEY!!!
!!!!LOOK AT ME!!!!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 189

When David says low key he really means low risk like he has always done.
David HEY!!! is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #24
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Hughes.
Sosnowski.
Chisora rematch.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #25
Eule
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Patrice View Post
Haye IS coming back. He has that mentality, even though he sold out big time. He is a BORN FIGHTER and there's only so much a retired millionaire can do before wanting to do what they love again. Actors don't stop working minus alcoholism, prescription drug abuse and death by misadventure. Politicians always remain active. Sportsmen of a high profile are no different if in a sport where they CAN always come back. A 44 year old heavyweight boxer can have a crack at the title again, a 44 year old footballer isn't ever going to play in the champion's league again, nor is a retired 50s something tennis player going to compete in wimbledon. A 59 year old great golfer can come back though and that's why they do.

I firmly believe Haye is desperate for some more recognition, for good or for bad. He WILL fight again. I also agree though that his chances of getting a Klitschko rematch are few and far between unless he would cede to a very low cut of the purse. Wladimir hates and I mean HATES him. Given how badly they matched up stylistically who knows, but at least Haye was competitive.

Truth is if Haye had fought common opponents as many wanted him to and got hard fought wins over; Arreola, Peter, Chambers, Briggs, Chagaev, Povetkin etc and seasoned himself and got a reality check about the current division he would have fared much better against Wladimir. Some kiss ass 'journalist' wrote Haye's biography and it was a specious insulting mess. Haye thought he could get millions against Harrison and then make arguably the biggest leap anyone has ever made in class for a superfight and win it easy because he had a big punch. The way he fought the fight was one of a very arrogant, inexperienced heavyweight who wasn't living in reality. If Haye proves himself against the 'opposition' he so arrogantly dismissed for years then he will be a better man/fighter/opponent.

I remember when he beat Ruiz, was in a bar somewhere in London and after the fight he said 'Eddie Chambers came in grossly out of shape, look at me I'm an athlete.' and I threw something at the screen. No one understood?? I said Haye doesn't know what he's talking about and it's gonna come back to bite him. It did.
Great post!!
You must be new here you are talking sense!
Eule is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #26
Matt in a hat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Ruiz Jr is a fighter who would BEAT Haye.

And the guys he listed would be just as high profile/winnable as the ones you list.

Calling the OP a fool is re****ed, FOOL.
I agree here. Ruiz may, or may not beat Haye, but he is too dangerous unless it's an eliminator, and has to fight him.
Ruiz would actually have a hand speed advantage.
Matt in a hat is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum