Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #76
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What's with they hype about Keith Thurman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS1943 View Post
The whole hype about Thurman is his "awespiring power" and that he's a "knockout artist" but the only problem I have with that is this, why is this fighter who supposedly possesses such sickening power and who's supposed to be a top knockout artist taking so long to put away a washed up Karass who's lost 5 of his last 10 matches leading up to the Thurman fight. He does hit hard but I see significantly smaller guys like Matthysse and Provodnikov edging him in power.
So let me get this right, it took him 9 rounds to tko sota karass means he's not an knockout artist? Are you really that retarded? Yea soto look very "washed up" when he's on a 2 fight winning streak vs aydin and tko berto. Before the 2 fight winning streak, he gave maidana hell before maidana won by tko in the 8th round. <<<Let me guess maidana doesn't have pop cause it took him 8th round to stop karass? Dude do us a favor and gtfofh.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #77
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I was skeptical at first but now I am a huge fan, plus he's from Florida.
Forza is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #78
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltirado View Post
I don't blame JMM, he might suffer his first stoppage. This fight is all bad for him, Bradley rematch and sailing away is better

Pacman vs Thurman is fireworks while it lasts, Thurman has no other choice than to KO Pacman, as I don' t feel Pacman will just let him outbox him ALA Morales first fight.

Bob Arum has no interest in this, unless Thurman signs with him which brings issues ...etc
Pac don't have a choice whether he wants to get out boxed or knocked out. It's not up to Pac. Thurman fights to win and regardless to what Pac does, I think he will lose. As for Arum not having any interest, Pac doesn't have any interest either. Now, a lot of people would say that's a duck but at this stage in Pac's career, it just don't make sense.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #79
witschnerd1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Thurman is too big for Manny.
It would be the same thing as asking Floyd to fight GGG.
There has to be a point when it is just too dangerous
witschnerd1 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #80
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 90

I find it impossible not to like the guy.

He is a cool guy, seems smart and funny, and wants to be a great fighter that is remembered long after his career is over.

I like how he can be a mover while managing to keep it entertaining, he moves to set up his punches not just to avoid them. I think Thurman can create a lot of problems for a lot of fighters with his style. Even if you finally do catch up to him you might not like what you find, big overhand rights, uppercuts and a guy that's more then happy to fight it out if it comes down to it.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #81
Beatdaddy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS1943 View Post
This is a guy who struggled with a washed up Soto Karass for 9 Rounds straight after getting wobbled by him in the 1st. Only positive I've noticed about him that stands out is a powerful jab, no doubt that if he utilizes it in a prolific manner it will deal out great damage to his opponents and even lead to knockdowns, his jab is that powerful. Overall Keith Thurman is SLOW, he's a 25 year old young man but with the hand speed of a 35 year old washed up past his prime fighter, his skills aren't even top notch I would say slightly above average. His footwork is very good, I would definitely put his footwork in top 5 at 147. His power is good but he doesn't have the power to stand toe to toe and bang with real killers like Matthysse and Provodnikov.

Maidana, Matthysse, Provodnikov would all put him on the backfoot and KO him. To the fanboys who said Thurman will be the one to defeat Mayweather, your boy is too SLOW to even touch Mayweather let alone threaten him.

Is all this hype because he's American and the fans in the U.S want a new American champion to root for? An Eastern European fighter with his attributes and skills with the exact same resume would be seen as just another "slow power puncher who hasn't been exposed yet" but you guys are jumping on this dudes bandwagon. What's so unique and special about this fighter? Because honestly I don't see anything too impressive about him.
First of all, Thurman is no threat to Mayweather, for sure, but Soto Karass is no push over wash-up in his latest career revival. Maidana didn't have a walk in the park with him, someone you said will beat Thurman. Karass can be a challenge. I agree that someone who would pose a challenge to Mayweather, would have done far better against Karass. I think Thurman is a good fighter, who may indeed win a world belt, but I wouldn't say he's destined for the IBHoF; at least not at this point.
Beatdaddy is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #82
Xelloss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

KT has a lot of talent and potential and continually shows improvement. He still has a lot of rough spots, but he is only 25. I say 3 years from now he has a very good chance of being a top p4per, maybe sooner. Porter/Thurman should be a good rivalry in a couple years.
Xelloss is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #83
shoulder roller
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by witschnerd1 View Post
Thurman is too big for Manny.
It would be the same thing as asking Floyd to fight GGG.
There has to be a point when it is just too dangerous
oh please....Manny basically ended Margarito's career. I don't think anybody in the welterweight weight class is too big for manny.
shoulder roller is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum