Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-24-2014, 05:44 AM   #121
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who Was Greater Sanchez Or Pedroza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannicus View Post
Oh dear, oh dear.

'Most polarising' - followed by your next statement. Passive aggressive, much? There was no malice behind his statements, only socially retarded people got butthurt over it. It's called banter and I do that with my friends all the time (if you know who I am on another boxing forum, you'd know I do it A LOT). During the fight, Roy Jones used those tactics too, Muhammad Ali used those tactics too.
Roy Jones pre-Toney. Yet Roy Jones pre-Toney was so highly regarded.

'Despite beating better opposition than Hamed' - this isn't a thread comparing Pedroza's greatness to Hamed's. I actually have good reason to believe Pedroza would get knocked spark out by Hamed tbh although I sway more towards a Pedroza UD.

Dishonesty here from your part. You're just mentioning those two fights, the scorecards aren't entirely accurate their btw and prior to the fight he knocked out the Colombian champ and a year before was coming off a win over McKinney (a top guy he beat twice in fact).

It gets to the point where you're full of agenda. Kelley was coming off wins over more than just Clarence Adams. No point of dissing Gonzalez, he wasn't great but he was very good in his prime.

I said they were excuses, you framed your sentence as though it is something I'm not aware of, but after all, the sum of the parts that form a whole make the loss a lot more understandable, or did THE Oscar De La Hoya get beat by Manny Pacquiao? Not saying they're the same situations in the severity of the excuse, but then again, we don't know what was in the mind of Hamed too well and Hamed was feeling very drained, his sharpness was just generally lacking in that fight. Even though he had a war with Kelley, you knew his sharpness was somewhat there so he'd pull it out the bag. In the grand scale of it, he was only around 20/21 when he got the world title and defended it numerous times for years with a style that broke rules.

But, hey, you admitted that you're butthurt about his personality, and butthurts never give Naz his props in my experience as a Naz fan, so it all makes sense. Cheers. I'm not going to be reading another post of yours again because of the complete shambles of this post and the selective BS involved. I'm not interest in emotional little biitch posters.
Its not called banter when you mock floored opponents,its called bad sportsmanship.And the national press and several top boxing writers condemned him for it .

I disliked Hamed on all levels I though him an insufferable preening ,conceited little shit. He had terrific power but bad fundamanetals, he was often way off balance when he missed and his chin was high and suspect, a trait that Ingle fighters often had .

He started to believe the hype and was more concerned with getting a particular haircut than focusing for Barrera.

I won some money on that fight and really enjoyed doing so.

The man he is was amply demonstrated when he ran away from a car crash he caused, leaving an injured man helpless behind him . A total little cunt.imo.
mcvey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #122
Gannicus
2014 Poster of the Year
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
Its not called banter when you mock floored opponents,its called bad sportsmanship.And the national press and several top boxing writers condemned him for it .

I disliked Hamed on all levels I though him an insufferable preening ,conceited little shit. He had terrific power but bad fundamanetals, he was often way off balance when he missed and his chin was high and suspect, a trait that Ingle fighters often had .

He started to believe the hype and was more concerned with getting a particular haircut than focusing for Barrera.

I won some money on that fight and really enjoyed doing so.

The man he is was amply demonstrated when he ran away from a car crash he caused, leaving an injured man helpless behind him . A total little cunt.imo.
I dont know the details about the injured man stroty and sure, it is bad sportsmanship to mock when opponents are down, something Roy Jones used to do too but gets no hate for it.

Amazing that with bad fundamentals, terrible balance (which was the main reason for his knockdowns), he earned his status as a true monster at featherweight, and one we'd have beating some great featherweights...well those who don't let hate cloud judgement.
Gannicus is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #123
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

What was suspect about Hamed's chin? Very rarely was he ever legitimately hurt in his career. His knockdowns were almost always the result of the poor balance that you referenced yourself. The fact that he wasn't hurt more often in his career (despite often putting himself in the sort of positions where he was most vulnerable) is, if anything, a testament to a solid chin.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #124
Gannicus
2014 Poster of the Year
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyourownway View Post
What was suspect about Hamed's chin? Very rarely was he ever legitimately hurt in his career. His knockdowns were almost always the result of the poor balance that you referenced yourself. The fact that he wasn't hurt more often in his career (despite often putting himself in the sort of positions where he was most vulnerable) is, if anything, a testament to a solid chin.
Agreed.
Gannicus is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #125
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
I haven't been boxrecing everything, LaPorte is NOT a puncher.
I didn't say he was a puncher. I said he could hit hard. Kinda like Rubin Carter. Anyway let it not be forgotten that Pedroza hit LaPorte in the balls about 999 times in that fight.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #126
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I dont know the details about the injured man stroty and sure, it is bad sportsmanship to mock when opponents are down, something Roy Jones used to do too but gets no hate for it.

Amazing that with bad fundamentals, terrible balance (which was the main reason for his knockdowns), he earned his status as a true monster at featherweight, and one we'd have beating some great featherweights...well those who don't let hate cloud judgement.
I have to admit I disliked him and still do.
He had undeniable power but was badly exposed against a true great.
And thats enough about a bat eared little shit.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2014, 05:12 AM   #127
Brit Sillynanny
Cold Hard Truth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

OT:

Probably a thread somewhere on it ... but couldn't easily find it ...

but, wonder what the prevailing prognostication is on the career arc and complete development of a SS if his time was not cut short.

At 23 he still had physical changes ahead, craft development/improvement, and at 5'7" wonder where he would have ended or maxed ... superlight/light welter perhaps or just light?

Would there have been Chavez vs Sanchez at super feather by '85 or so?

While essentially too late for Arguello and Duran ... lots of great fights might have occurred ... which ones would have been memorable?

Could he even still be around for Whittaker at lightweight in '90?

What's his eventual evolution based off of what he had done by 23, what one perceives of his athletic capabilities, and how does he fair from '83 to say the early '90s with the comp that was around?

Or, throw me an address if all of this was hashed out years ago and I'll just give it a glance again.
Brit Sillynanny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum