Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
AliShuffle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 575
Default Training/Nutrition advice

Our boxing gym is closed for the summer and back in August, so I'm looking to get fit for next season. I'm 19 and haven't had any fights yet, want to start getting fights.

Losing weight isn't really a problem for me, I'm 5'11.5 and about 70kg so I'd imagine I'd be a big welterweight when fighting. I just need to get fit to box.

I've been running, hitting the bag and even using my dad's weights for strength training but I've realised I should probably find out how often I should be doing something etc.

If someone could help with a routine..

Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -

Would be appreciated. Oh, and I work from 9 - 5 everyday.

Thanks.
AliShuffle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
TVLPC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Training/Nutrition advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliShuffle View Post
Our boxing gym is closed for the summer and back in August, so I'm looking to get fit for next season. I'm 19 and haven't had any fights yet, want to start getting fights.

Losing weight isn't really a problem for me, I'm 5'11.5 and about 70kg so I'd imagine I'd be a big welterweight when fighting. I just need to get fit to box.

I've been running, hitting the bag and even using my dad's weights for strength training but I've realised I should probably find out how often I should be doing something etc.

If someone could help with a routine..

Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -

Would be appreciated. Oh, and I work from 9 - 5 everyday.

Thanks.
You say you "need to get fit to box." Do your cardio and hit the bag mostly. Joel Jamieson wrote a book called Ultimate MMA Conditioning. His website is one of the best resources for conditioning called [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I strongly recommend it, as he doesn't have random canned programs. It will help understanding block training format and energy systems as well as methods he uses to improve fighters conditioning. Even though it is MMA written it is still very relevant to boxing. After reading it you will have all the information you need to develop your own program.
TVLPC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing