Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd may very well be the best I've seen, but Pacquaio is my favorite fighter.

I think real fans, and non trolls appreciate both. How can you be a boxing fan and not like the best fighter in the world and enjoy one of the most exciting?

The thing is controversy sells. Trolls and fan boys are louder and have more time in their hands to pollute the boards.
Zaryu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
TJ Max
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 686
Default Re: Floyd may very well be the best I've seen, but Pacquaio is my favorite fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySteward View Post
Manny got that water muscle
Nah, he has that cord muscle.
TJ Max is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #18
MoJoGoodie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

its just fans trash talk...like any other rival team fans in other sports....really no big deal..its just these rivals likely wont face each other....go figure
MoJoGoodie is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #19
MVC!
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Only in your dreams f.l.o.m.o s.e.x.u.a.l !!!
Reality. You're always cowering and getting destroyed by The Money Team and Leonard inc.
MVC! is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I appreciate Floyd more just because his style is so rare while Manny's is mostly effective against certain types (brawlers). There's a reason why he stays away from boxers and that's because he will look like shit. Floyd is much more proven and has accomplished much more skillwise and business wise. This Manny is a gangster shit is a false statement. He went from breaking orbital bones to not even bruising Bradley's face with plush shots. He's a fake Christian as well as a fake idol to fans who really don't know shit about boxing. I like the sweet science. Not those who hop, skip and trip into counter rights. He's in his position because he's a farce. So it's only right he's been slid. I believe in fairness and to me it's clear Manny is given more credit for lessor accomplishments due to the fact that most people claim "I didn't think he could do it". He's not held to the same standard and it's kinda ****ed over the hierarchy in boxing not to mention he most likely was doping. I would respect him more if he came "clean" (no pun intended) and admitted to the truth. His career has been the most inconsistent possibly out of any fighter in the history of the sport. Floyd may rub people the wrong way but he's never portrayed himself as something he's not unlike Manny who thinks he's a prophet with disiples all the while being a hypocrite in his personal life. And yes, Manny fans never acknowledge facts and quite frankly get destroyed in virtually almost every debate so in conclusion....

**** this Dr Phil on the fence shit. Everyone most likely always has to choose a side and I choose Floyd who's been on top his whole career by merit. Not through a popularity contest like the hype job Manny.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #21
DABOZ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
I appreciate Floyd more just because his style is so rare while Manny's is mostly effective against certain types (brawlers). There's a reason why he stays away from boxers and that's because he will look like shit. Floyd is much more proven and has accomplished much more skillwise and business wise. This Manny is a gangster shit is a false statement. He went from breaking orbital bones to not even bruising Bradley's face with plush shots. He's a fake Christian as well as a fake idol to fans who really don't know shit about boxing. I like the sweet science. Not those who hop, skip and trip into counter rights. He's in his position because he's a farce. So it's only right he's been slid. I believe in fairness and to me it's clear Manny is given more credit for lessor accomplishments due to the fact that most people claim "I didn't think he could do it". He's not held to the same standard and it's kinda ****ed over the hierarchy in boxing not to mention he most likely was doping. I would respect him more if he came "clean" (no pun intended) and admitted to the truth. His career has been the most inconsistent possibly out of any fighter in the history of the sport. Floyd may rub people the wrong way but he's never portrayed himself as something he's not unlike Manny who thinks he's a prophet with disiples all the while being a hypocrite in his personal life. And yes, Manny fans never acknowledge facts and quite frankly get destroyed in virtually almost every debate so in conclusion....

**** this Dr Phil on the fence shit. Everyone most likely always has to choose a side and I choose Floyd who's been on top his whole career by merit. Not through a popularity contest like the hype job Manny.

Can you name those boxers ?
DABOZ is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #22
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOZ View Post
Can you name those boxers ?
No names or not Floyd fought every style. Manny for the most part is a one trick pony who's mostly fought punching bags or fighters showing clear decline. It can't be argued. The only prime fighter he's fought is Bradley as far as a guy with a name and he took a "L" for it. Why Raheem? Team PAC was even weary on fighting Yuri Foreman. One trick pony to the fullest. Why no Joan Guzman? His resume is scarce of any fighters with movement or some kinda defense instead of opponents who block with their chin.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #23
1punch1nder
**Bam Bam**
ESB Addict

no one can beat mayweather jr. he could have eclipsed ali's popularity. too bad he's such a twat.
1punch1nder is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #24
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Slugger you blossoming litle pansy x
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #25
War-Lord
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
I like and appreciate both. It's a shame to see some of the hate they get on here, especially Pacquaio of late. But anybody who doesn't appreciate both isn't a real boxing fan imo (lots of those here on ESB)
This. I hate Floyd but both him and Pacquiao are ATG's.
War-Lord is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
MVC!
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1punch1nder View Post
no one can beat mayweather jr. he could have eclipsed ali's popularity. too bad he's such a twat.
How exactly is he a twat?

He's a changed man after incarceration. He doesn't even flame anymore/do stupid shit like burning money etc.
MVC! is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #27
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

vCash: 3231

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Max View Post
You see how easy that is. You don't have to hate either guy.

I like Pacquaio because he knows he's a gangster. He's not some fake ass water muscle dude like pecho and his friend rimmer.

They are down with that gay ****.

Anyway, my point is, he brings it to the table everytime he fights.

I respect that.

And he'll break your orbital bone. He will kill you or die tryin.

But overall, I think Floyd is the best. That doesn't mean Manny is a hype job. Manny is the best FIGHTER. Floyd is the best BOXER. That's the difference.

You fight Manny, you're guarenteed to get your ass whupped. You got to box him.

It's simple...

Why can't people appreciate Floyd and Manny?

I won't say Floyd is the best I've seen but he's damn good

I also won't say Pacquiao's my favorite fighter but I do like him.
Super Hans is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #28
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Slugger you blossoming litle pansy x
uhh who?

thought slugs died with that chingurl
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #29
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

One thing for sure in 5 years they'll both be gone so you better enjoy them while they're around. It's funny sometimes boxers have to retire before they get the true appreciation they deserve. Lewis and Holmes were two fighters who fell into this category. Even the fab 4 weren't really called the fab 4 when they were fighting. It took about a decade to for the boxing community to realize just how special they were, not just talent wise but the fact they fought each other.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum