Old 01-16-2014, 02:14 AM   #91
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The underlying reason as to why Deontay Wilder is so despised

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC! View Post
Once again, he is still being brought into public eye.

Give it time.

I have a feeling this man will be an ATG by the time he retires. He has a ways to go and I truly believe that when the time is right, he will start making his move and start becoming a force to be reckoned with. He will be amongst the elite.

Rome was not built in a day.

I truly believe that just because he is American, he's being rushed more than any other HW.

If he was from Europe/Asia/anywhere else, he would be given until the ends of time.
bulls.hit
hes entering his 6th year and has international amateur experience, Olympic experience and a medal. youre not a real boxing fan if you find this acceptable at this point. its been 3 months since his last garbage opponent with 10 losses.... he isnt even active for someone who is "trying to learn"
iceman71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #92
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I believe Wilder would be happy to step his level of competition up, and I respect him. The dude comes in ready to fight and in shape, and seems to be handling his career professionally. As a fighter with outside management and promotion, sometimes that's all the control you get.

That said, it doesn't look like his team views him as anything more than a golden egg that they have to protect until they're ready to crack it and make a fatass cash omelet. Fans see through this marketing ploy, and they resent the feeble attempt to be play them like suckers.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 AM   #93
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
This must be agreed with, there's no other way to describe such bum baggery.

Bummed his way all the way to 31-0... Absolutely pathetic!

If he gets any award it's the most worthless career of all time LOL

Pre-Lewis Michael Grant KO1-3 Deontay Wilder ???

I think likely.
michael grant would have destroyed him
at least its getting to the point of beyond ridiculous his opponents now with his record.....they have been scrambling for almost 3 months now trying to find the next suitable bum....with no luck apparently
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #94
vast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
he isnt liked because he fights garbage after 5 years
never in my life have i seen a guy that won an olympic medal at heavyweight (american at that) while now being promoted by one of the biggest promotions in the world (golden boy) and his is hidden on undercards or off tv fights.... pathetic....
now its been 2 months since his last fight and he has nothing scheduled..... WTF, seriously? SMH
Ditto this...
vast is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2014, 05:26 AM   #95
RingToneBoxing
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Wilder had very few amateur fights, got an opportunity to fight at the Olympics and did extremely well to bring (I think) the only men's boxing medal home.

He's being brought along slowly because of his limited amateur background and because I think his team also know that he isn't ready to step in with Klitschko just yet.

Fans are incredibly impatient and it's completely understandable. American fans desperately want a heavyweight world champion so they'll want him to rush, maybe lose and then look for another hope. Wilder and his team maybe want to give him the best chance of a title (and/or a rewarding career) by holding him back.

Important year for Deontay though, it's surely time to take a risk now and face another top contender. I reckon Helenius could be his best bet right now but I don't know what the promotional situation is with the Fin.
RingToneBoxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum