Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: New: Miguel Cotto works the mitts with Freddie Roach, prepares for Rodriguez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
and he also said cotto should move back down to 147(insinuating that his power and skillset is better with the eight-ounce gloves).

the main reason that miguel went to 154 is because 147 was the home of manny pacquiao and ther was an easier life at the time in jmw as there was no competition.

cotto has done nothing at 154 and that will not change.

lara, vanes, james, rosado, canelo...he loses to them all.
No, Freddie said he felt 147 was a better fit for Miguel because he's already at 156 pounds right now and they haven't even started to cut weight. He also said that Miguel has been eating anything he wants, which would indicate he could still make welterweight comfortably.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
Hulkamania
What ya gonna do!!!
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: New: Miguel Cotto works the mitts with Freddie Roach, prepares for Rodriguez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
He looks like he's always looked, compare the difference in punch output on the pads when compared to Mayweather or Pac, they both throw a ton more punches on the pads when compared to Cotto, I love Cotto but he always looks like he's going through the motions in training.. that's why he can't up the pace when he needs to & it's why he gasses, if he trained like Pac or Floyd who knows how good he could have been.
I actually think he looks better than with Diaz.. To me Pedro Diaz was trying out all sorts of gadgets and equipments on Cotto and it tired Cotto to be honest.

I agree that Cotto needs to be pushed to get the best out of him, it's why he was so good with his uncle Evangelista but also what eventually ended their great training relationship when they got into that street brawl in Puerto Rico

So far though, Cotto is looking good with Freedie...

Martinez vs. Cotto at 154 is a very good fight in my opinion.

When it comes to Freedie saying that Cotto's body shots made him bleed... I believe him. Especially when Mayweather says he thought about retirement after fighting Cotto.

Hard to believe that Cotto is still this good after all the wars & bricks he has been through.
Hulkamania is online now  Top
Old 09-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkamania View Post
I actually think he looks better than with Diaz.. To me Pedro Diaz was trying out all sorts of gadgets and equipments on Cotto and it tired Cotto to be honest.

I agree that Cotto needs to be pushed to get the best out of him, it's why he was so good with his uncle Evangelista but also what eventually ended their great training relationship when they got into that street brawl in Puerto Rico

So far though, Cotto is looking good with Freedie...

Martinez vs. Cotto at 154 is a very good fight in my opinion.

When it comes to Freedie saying that Cotto's body shots made him bleed... I believe him. Especially when Mayweather says he thought about retirement after fighting Cotto.

Hard to believe that Cotto is still this good after all the wars & bricks he has been through.
yeah, people read to much into that Trout fight. He slacked in training for trout, that started the differences between Pedro Diaz and him

but trout is just a bad style matchup. Cotto needs to win this one and win big to open the doors for a big big fight next

If he looks bad vs Delvin, i admit it will be over
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #19
texboxing00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Everyone is reading to much into this. Every one looks good when there the elite boxer in the gym. Not taking anything away from Cotto but things change when you have some one infront of you wanting to hurt you. Hope cotto wins in ko fashion. Would love to see canelo vs cotto. I still think cotto can outbox canelo if he can make it 12 rounds.
texboxing00 is online now  Top
Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
Capitan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Funny as hell to watch...seeing how Roach was a walking punching bag as a fighter!!!
Turned out to be a decent trainer though!
Capitan is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Carlitos13b
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I believe Cotto has a few good fights left in him. Also, 147LBS would be awesome, this is where he belongs.
Carlitos13b is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum