Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #76
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pac-Marquez confirmed for Primetime

I'm cancelling Sky Sports. This is exactly what I'm paying them for. When the number one guy in the sport fights they are supposed to show it.

Adam "Session" Smith seems to think we're more interested in watching pundits talk. Just show the ****ing fights.
mike464 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #77
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Is Adam Smith still the head of Boxing at Sky? If he is he's doing a great job
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #78
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
Sky Sports I believe you refer to? Sky Sports has other sports too, I'm sure nobody gets it JUST for the boxing (although Im close to it).

Primetime sucks. Everything about it. From their layout to the on screen team. BoxNation already has a better line up than it's ever had. All Primetime does is get massive fights, neglecting the general big fights, and annoys everyone in doing so.
I liked the team they had for the Mayweather fight. It's annoying Primetime doesn't have HD, will boxnation be in HD? It should be for the money, I'm on Virgin so can't get it yet. Ideally boxnation will have Frank's stuff and all the big US fights

Yes SS does do other sports, but it should provide boxing too, that's it's remit and it's been scrimping on it for years and passed up many big fights, which with the competition won't happen now - ie at least there'll be big fights that we have the option to watch instead of them being passed up. That's why Setanta had success and was a god send. Hopefully boxnation is as good
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #79
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I'm not paying. Primetime need to improve their production and put it in HD.

BoxNation, here I come. I'd much rather pay less for Box Nation but get a whole lot more than 1 poor PPV. For some reason, BoxNation pictures looks better than PT too!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #80
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Im surprised the man from Venus has not been on here trying to relieve people of there hard earned money? Maybe the man has got a soul?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #81
Thaiad24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Great!!!! we get a shitter quality picture, a shit commentary team and 15 lighter

thankyou Primetime you ****ing wankers

sky can **** off too, now that the Rugby League has finished, what the **** am i gonna watch for 22 quid a month?
Thaiad24 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #82
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I'm not paying. Primetime need to improve their production and put it in HD.

BoxNation, here I come. I'd much rather pay less for Box Nation but get a whole lot more than 1 poor PPV. For some reason, BoxNation pictures looks better than PT too!
Hear hear. 15 quid for the awful picture quality Primetime give, may as well watch it on a parasite stream.

I think Sky are completely to blame for this one. Primetime can't have afforded to offer a massive amount for the fight..
hitandhope is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 05:31 AM   #83
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Boxing is slowly leaving SkySports. Quite a few only pay their subscription to Sky because of the boxing, and if Sky continuously fail to get these big fights, then they'll see quite a big exodus of subscribers (boxing fans). And those that are complaining about Primetime and Box Nation not having HD, give them time, guys. They're young channels, and it's not feasible for them to invest in HD straight away.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #84
northbakbren
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Has it actually be confirmed this fight is on primetime?

Link?
northbakbren is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #85
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

its funny how everyone thinks there a tv executive all of a sudden. obviously box nation and primetime are paying over the odds for there boxing. sky will only buy stuff if they see an ROI.

in 2 years time there will be no box nation or primetime and sky will come back in.

if you pay 25 a month just for sky sports boxing your getting mugged off a long time ago.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #86
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
its funny how everyone thinks there a tv executive all of a sudden. obviously box nation and primetime are paying over the odds for there boxing. sky will only buy stuff if they see an ROI.
The irony of it...
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #87
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
its funny how everyone thinks there a tv executive all of a sudden.
Haha you've got a bit of a cheek, you think you're the internets Bob Arum!
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #88
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope View Post
Hear hear. 15 quid for the awful picture quality Primetime give, may as well watch it on a parasite stream.

I think Sky are completely to blame for this one. Primetime can't have afforded to offer a massive amount for the fight..
Unfortunately, it is in our best interests to let PT go under. Their business model does not work and it shouldn't be supported.

At first, it was nice but we've quickly seen they are just interested in robbing us of 15. It's not value for money otherwise it would be 7 and I wouldn't mind paying that. Sky gives you the fight card with bells and whistles for 15. Primetime have very poor coverage, no marketing and no HD.

PT are stealing business for BN and Sky. BN and Sky are the platforms I want to see boxing on as they seem more serious about it.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #89
insider
Journeyman Opponent
ESB Jr Member

Achiles that's just silly saying it's in our best interests to let PT die. As if it's our call??
And to say they are stealing fights is factually wrong. Surely no channel has a divine right to the fights. In a free Market anyone can bid.

But I agree it would be nice if PT showed us more boxing for our money.

[quote=MrAwesome;10917777

All Primetime does is get massive fights, neglecting the general big fights, and annoys everyone in doing so.[/QUOTE]

Good point Awesome, but if you examine it further. Which other fights could we expect Primetime to pick up? All the major domestic promoters are contracted to other Channels. And if Primetime do bid for one of the big domestic promoters that would only further diversify where we see boxing. Aside from picking up international rights, Khan is the only major attraction out there not tied in with a promoter, unless David Haye does come back?
So Should they show small hall boxing? That's very expensive unless there is a benefit. Would people pay ppv to watch a small hall show. Of course not. Would they get enough viewers to make it worthwhile as a pr or advertising tool?
It will be interesting to see how many people watched the Hard Knocks show on Premier Sports last week. The general consensus is they are The best small hall shows and it's great that they are finally getting exposure but how many people watched?
insider is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #90
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
its funny how everyone thinks there a tv executive all of a sudden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseLad View Post
Haha you've got a bit of a cheek, you think you're the internets Bob Arum!
Hes a promoter,matchmaker,manager,tv exec rolled into one.
bam bam is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum