boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #16
Stallion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 505
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
Hammer beat L****n more decisively than Odlanier Solis did, yet no one would complain if fat Solis was in a WBO final eliminator.
Of course nobody would complain. But that's because Solis is far more skilled and superior to Hammer.
Stallion is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #17
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 126,417
vCash: 46250
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
If this is true Boytsov and the WBO is controlled by Wlad. CHristian Hammer??? Give me a fuc*ing break. Boxing is so corrupt.
It could be worse...sadly.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

We haven't really heard any confirmation that this is a final eliminator have we?
madballster is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 928
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

I bet and hope it won't be an eliminator. The sole fact Chisora/Gerber happens in liklely the same period of time indicates the 2 winners will face each other for the title shot.
Cletis VanDamme is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,773
vCash: 0
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Fury vs Haye should be the eliminator
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #21
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 928
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Fury vs Haye should be the eliminator
The WBA (in which Haye is n1 contender) doesn't even have Fury in his top 15.
These rankings are weird. (not because i think Fury is great but judging by who they ranked in front of him). You must get extra points when you fight for an intercontinental belt or whatever else i presume.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Cletis VanDamme is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #22
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 135
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

What happened Boytsov vs Christian Hammer for the WBO eliminator? Boxrec has scheduled Boystov vs Alex Leapai.

"WBO Heavyweight Eliminator for Mandatory position."

How the hell is Alex Leapai gonna get Boytsov ready for Wlad, for his next fight? Alex lost to Kevin Johnson then beat 4 cans, no f'n way he should have be fighting for a World Title mandatory.

At least Hammer scored one of biggest knock outs in years against Leif Larson.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #23
Koba
GenSec
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,449
vCash: 933
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Boystoy turned out to be one of the biggest dissapointments in the division from the last couple of years.
Used to be a fan of his early accomplishments, but he hasn't faced a life body in over 4 years now. He has become the Euro version of Wilder, a Euro-bum basher and a Ameri-can crusher.
Boytsovs career was all but destroyed by one of the (thankfully now defunct) worst boxing promotions on the planet (universum) who effectively refused to let him fight, used threats, intimidation and even had the f#kk beaten outta his manager with iron bars. Kluch (Universum CEO) may be facing criminal charges over this and various other acts of malfeasance, and Universum are certainly bankrupt - thank god.

Thankfully Denis has, after a lengthy legal battle, (during which time he was unable to announce any fights until days before they happened so as not to have them stopped) managed to free himself from the Universum contract, has recently signed on with Sauerland and has a new trainer.

Fortunately, he is still young enough to salvage his career. What remains to be seen is whether he still has the hunger for the sport and the talent he showed in his early years.

In short - it ain't his fault. Let's see how he goes on from here.
Koba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #24
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 12,773
vCash: 0
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
Boytsovs career was all but destroyed by one of the (thankfully now defunct) worst boxing promotions on the planet (universum) who effectively refused to let him fight, used threats, intimidation and even had the f#kk beaten outta his manager with iron bars. Kluch (Universum CEO) may be facing criminal charges over this and various other acts of malfeasance, and Universum are certainly bankrupt - thank god.

Thankfully Denis has, after a lengthy legal battle, (during which time he was unable to announce any fights until days before they happened so as not to have them stopped) managed to free himself from the Universum contract, has recently signed on with Sauerland and has a new trainer.

Fortunately, he is still young enough to salvage his career. What remains to be seen is whether he still has the hunger for the sport and the talent he showed in his early years.

In short - it ain't his fault. Let's see how he goes on from here.
I almost agree with this wholly.......EXCEPT.....

In 08, GBP, was given options on Denis to build him in the USA. He was offered several higher profile fights in the US, and he, at the bequest of his mgmt turned them down.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
Koba
GenSec
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,449
vCash: 933
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
What happened Boytsov vs Christian Hammer for the WBO eliminator? Boxrec has scheduled Boystov vs Alex Leapai.

"WBO Heavyweight Eliminator for Mandatory position."

How the hell is Alex Leapai gonna get Boytsov ready for Wlad, for his next fight? Alex lost to Kevin Johnson then beat 4 cans, no f'n way he should have be fighting for a World Title mandatory.

At least Hammer scored one of biggest knock outs in years against Leif Larson.
You ain't wrong. At least Hammer woulda been a decent comeback (to use the term loosely) for Boytsovs relaunched career. Alex f#kkin' who?

(....shuffles off to Boxrec....)

Well, hmm..I suppose it's a step up from the Nesterenkos of the world, but as you say, a F#kkin' eliminator ffs!

That said, it's fair to say Wlads got Sasha then there's already talk of another fight (a mando I think, can't be bothered checkin') in either Dec or early next year.

I think Boytsov will have time to get in a coupla better fights first (and he needs them ffs) as long as he's willing to risk his mando position. The kid's only 27 - if he's still got what it takes I'd think about forgoing the mando and just work on getting his career back on track.

He could be hitting his peak just as HW enters the post Klitschko phase if he plays it right. Still, a Klit payday ain't something you really wanna turn down either.
Koba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #26
Koba
GenSec
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,449
vCash: 933
Default Re: Denis Boytsov vs. Christian Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
I almost agree with this wholly.......EXCEPT.....

In 08, GBP, was given options on Denis to build him in the USA. He was offered several higher profile fights in the US, and he, at the bequest of his mgmt turned them down.
Did not know 'bout this. Bet he regrets that now though.

You saying his manager recommended he turned them down or Universum ( I think he was already signed with them by 2008 ) did? Either way, at 22, I still wouldn't blame him for taking the advice he was given - still hasta be Kickking hisself tho'.

Good looking kid'n'all - if he'd won a coupla decent fights coulda been a star in the US. Mind you he was what, 22, perhaps they figured he needed a bit more seasoning. Or management were worried he might be lured away from them?

Last edited by Koba; 09-25-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Koba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015