Old 07-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #61
SweetSciGuru
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Kessler Easily Beats Golovkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staminakills View Post
i dont remember what poster said that but it was said and even defended for days.

when i saw
Everyone knows bodyshots don't count. Only headshots.. i was totally shocked that someone would be so naive but, after thinking about it i had to make myself believe he, well, most likely its a she, she meant it as the judges dont count bodyshots as much as headshots per their scoring.

really really terrible but i think she had a point, judges miss probably half the body shots fight in fight out. so i can agree in those terms. anyone he truly believes head shots are worth more or impact a fight more is ignorant.

body shots ruin you during a fight. lots of fighters have no prob taking clean shots one after the other upstairs. real body shots are devastating and fight changing and the impact is seen almost immediately where head shots arent impacting a fighter immediately
LOL.

You know dam well I said that, and that is exactly what I meant. That's Ok though. I see where you're going.

Judges don't count body shots equally the same as head shots and for what should be to most intelligent people, obvious reasons.
Body shots may hurt but are rapidly recovered from.
This is very easily proven by total TKOs and subtracting TKO due to body shots leaving those TKOs due to head shot.
I'll take a wild ass guess and estimate that only 5% out of all TKOs are caused by body shots, if that.
That would make 95% of all TKOs are due to head shots.
The ratio may actually be lower but I'll give body shots extra credit.

The guy who responded in the thread that he'd take 10 heads shots to avoid 1 body shot must have already been hit in the head a few hundreds times to say something like that.

Of all the boxers who have been unfortunate to be left in comas after a match, how many of those comas do you think were due to the fighter taking a body shot?

I'm not saying that body shots don't count at all, but I think with the networks posting up the total punch count figures and figure, many fans get confused on which one really count in scoring and which don't.
SweetSciGuru is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #62
Staminakills
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsman View Post
Don't f'cking pull the "kid" shit with me, bro. I have been following the sport for 30 years. Are you even 30?

Who said I don't like GGG? He has elite level skill and power, but he does not have elite level athleticism. That's a fact.

Nor is he better defensively. Lomo is light years better. Maybe GGG would not have been bullied by another fighter like Lomo was against Salido in his THIRD fight.

How many flush shots did C level Stevens land right on GGG's button? Lomo would never let a slow, C quality fighter like Curtis test his chin repeatedly like that.

Five years from now, it will be obvious who the more talented fighter is.
sorry about the kid comment, old timer. i had 30+ years of my life invested in this sport and when i see something i've never in my life seen before i get carried away..

i dont give a shit if loma is more appealing athletically to you, to me GGG is current top of the food chain, i believe in 5 years loma will be one of the very best for sure but i dont think he has more talent nor skill than GGG of today.

there are quite a few very tough fights out the for loma ober the next few years around his weight. GGG has no one that could compete (compete for a win)with him from 54 to 75. i have 1 fighter that would well, should be dangerous for him and thats the other beast and top lhw in kov.

we'll have to agree to disagree, i am very very high on GGG and his greatness will be proven to all boxing fans over the next couple years. i was pretty high on loma and still am fairly high on him but that salido fight really left a very very bad taste in my mouth.

yes per his pro record it was his 2nd fight but in the real world it was close to his tenth and he should had been able to find a way to beat him convincingly. fyi: i had loma winning on my card but way way too close of a fight against that level of fighter if you want to try and put him on my ggg level
Staminakills is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #63
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staminakills View Post
there are quite a few very tough fights out the for loma ober the next few years around his weight. GGG has no one that could compete (compete for a win)with him from 54 to 75. i have 1 fighter that would well, should be dangerous for him and thats the other beast and top lhw in l
Ward could not only compete with GGG, he would more than likely beat him.

Why? Because GGG lacks the hand and foot speed-- you know, that thing we call athleticism-- to get the better of most exchanges with SOG.

Conversely Andre has fast hands, feet, and is a master of manipulating distance. If a glorified club fighter like Curtis Stevens could find a home for his power shots on GGG's jaw, what makes you think a speedy tactician like Ward would not?
hoopsman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum