Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #46
bodyopus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: P4P Top Ten - Duckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
When it comes to ducking in most of the POLLS, Mayweather has to be in it because he demands something and once Pacquiao agrees to it Mayweather makes another excuse.

MAY 4, 2010
MANNY PACQUIAO:

"I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport. For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as, my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test''.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

JULY 16, 2010
Pacquiao agrees to a 14 day cut-off.

JULY 18, 2010
Mayweather jr says he's not thinking about Boxing, spending time with family.

JULY 27, 2010
Ellerbe denies negotiations took place, Mayweather made it clear he was taking time off.

and now......

Floyd Mayweather:

- "The only way he's getting the fight with me is if he signs with Mayweather Promotions. He's got to give me fights with Mayweather Promotions. If he don't give me no fights under Mayweather Promotions, then he's not getting the fight''.

- ''WBC made Pacquiao the number 1 mandatory to fight me, he can have the belt''

- ''Pacquiao is a ''HAS BEEN'' he has LOSSES''

How is it you CONVENIENTLY forgot these?

December 13, 2009
  • Michael Koncz says request for Olympic-style testing is a laughing matter and suggests they have no problem with it.

Speaking to Lem Satterfield of AOL Fanhouse, Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, suggests that Mayweather's request for Olympic-style drug testing is a laughing matter and they have no concerns whatsoever about it. "Our reaction is, 'So what?' We know Manny doesn't take any illegal drugs or anything. And none of this is getting under Manny's skin or anything. I'm here with Manny, and to him, it's like a joke. It's a laughing matter," said Koncz. "It's something foolish anyway. Why would we be concerned? We know he doesn't do any of that shit."

Why, if there was no problem, would they later give reason after reason why they could not do OSDT testing? 4 years later, all of the excuses they had went out the window and he was able to make the same request of Rios.
  • January 18, 2010

• Team Mayweather declares random blood and urine tests with no cutoff dates for all future opponents
    Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe declared that random blood and urine testing will be implemented in all of Floyd Mayweather's future opponents, regardless of the opponent. "Whoever fights Floyd Mayweather in the future, that person will be subjected to random blood and urine testing. I don't care who he fights, that will be the case," said Ellerbe, who made it clear that any proposition for a cutoff date for testing was essentially off the table.

• February 13, 2010
  • Mayweather makes it crystal clear that his terms are full random drug testing all the way up to the fight.

"I gave him a chance, up to 14 days out. But my new terms are all the way up to the fight. They can come get us whenever, all the way up to the fight, random drug test. That's what it is," Mayweather stated in an exclusive interview with David Mayo of The Grand Rapids Press.

May 2, 2010
Mayweather repeats that all cut-off dates are off the table.

Shortly after his win over Shane Mosley, Mayweather would reiterate his stance that all future opponents, including Manny Pacquiao, would have to submit to the same type of random Olympic-style blood and urine drug testing that both he and Mosley undertook. "If Manny Pacquaio wants to fight, it is not hard to find me. We were going to make the fight a couple of months back but it didn't happen. I take my hat off to Mosley. He had problems in the past, but he's a warrior. He took the blood and urine tests. I just want everyone to be on an even playing field. If every athlete is clean in the sport of boxing, take the test. If Manny Pacquaio takes the blood and urine tests, we can fight. If he doesn't, we won't make the fight," Mayweather explained.

You are trying to create the illusion that Floyd didn't say these things, that Pac agreed to 14 days and Floyd declined. The truth is Floyd said "NO CUTOFF" long before Pac agreed to the 14 days. If your argument is so strong, why the need for deception?

May 4, 2010

• Pacquiao "vehemently" denies agreeing to 14-day cutoff for random blood testing.

Shortly after news had spread regarding the statement released on his official website, Pacquiao vehemently denied claims that he had agreed to Mayweather's original compromise of a 14-day cutoff for random blood tests. Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz would allege that Pacquiao doesn't even know who Timothy James is, stating, "He never spoke to any reporter and never heard of the guy...never talked to anybody about boxing and his main concern is campaigning and winning the election on May 10. (Floyd) Mayweather is not even in our minds or in our thoughts." Koncz would then go on to quote Pacquiao as saying, "we'll fight Mayweather or any other fighter anytime, anyplace under the rules and regulations of the Commission of the state where the fight takes place."

May 4, 2010
  • Arum says quotes are false and Pacquiao is standing firm on 24-day cut-off.

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum would tell Ronnie Nathanielsz of ***********.com that the rumors about Pacquiao agreeing to a 14-day cut-off for random drug testing were "totally false" and that they were standing firm on their request for a 24-day cut-off period. "All I'm saying, right now we are holding to our position," Arum remarked.

More deception?? You didn't post this...why not???
bodyopus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #47
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2930

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post

Lewis had no say in who his opponent was. It was a WBC Title eliminator that was arranged by the organization. When McCall went a bit mad in December 1995 and was arrested and sent back to rehab, Lewis's camp and the TV executive approached the WBC and McCall promoter with concerns about McCall's ability to make the date in any fit state to fight, and Lewis's camp requested a replacement be found. Don King assured everyone that McCall would be fine and King's word was taken at face value. The fault for putting McCall in the ring in that condition rests with the WBC and Don King.
Anyway consider this: After getting KOd by Ingemar Johanson, Floyd Patterson was not content with just beating the man whom beat him , and stopped him twice. Whereas Lewis is 1:1 vs McCall only on record and only 4 those whom do not know d facts behind it or just ignore them like most.

Quote:
Who cares? That has nothing to do with "ducking" so is not relevant to the thread.
In a way it is, it is avoiding d fight under d rules of boxing.
Even when Lewis did not duck on record (just) , did not have it his way and did not lose (again just 4 those whom ignore d facts), he cheated himself out of a fair fight.

Quote:
Bowe had two successful defenses - one against Micheal Dokes and one against Jesse Ferguson. He did not have a rematch clause with Holyfield, at least not an immediate one, the rematch took place around a year later.

Bowe got his shot at Holyfield because the WBC arranged a tournament where Lewis would fight Ruddock for a guarenteed shot at the winner of Bowe/Holyfield for Unified titles. Ruddock was actually ahead of Bowe in the WBC's pecking order and should have got the shot at Holyfield instead but Holyfield favored fighting Bowe first so the WBC accomidated him by arranging this tournament. Bowe backed out of the deal in a sensational public way by dumping the WBC's belt in the trash then attempted to low-ball Lewis while taking worthless defences of his title against Dokes and Ferguson. A clear duck by Bowe no matter what way its spun.

Ruddock was #4 ranked Heavyweight and considered arguably the most dangerous fighter in the division once Tyson was sent to prison. Bowe shamelessly ducked him and Holyfield was accused of ducking him and he was the favorite to win the WBC tournament. Hindsight saying that the fights with Tyson ruined him does not change the fact that Ruddock was amungst the division's most highly rated fighters before Lewis destroyed him.

As I said before, Holyfield and Lewis would have fought much earlier if Holyfield had beaten Bowe or Moorer, but Holyfield was #1 ranked Heavyweight and ranked P4P #3 when he fought Lewis in 1998, yet rather than give Lewis the credit for dominating this highly rated fighter on the way to being robbed of a deserved win people came out in their masses to say Holyfield was washed up.
But how does it rule out d possibility of Bowe having a rematch clause vs Holyfield? maybe Holyfield & his team allowed him 2 take those easy defenses 4 reasons of their own?

Also Ruddock was a far inferior fighter than d way u descibed him in your post, and was just a physically strong, but nothing special in any other department. He was exposed by n obese and aged James Smith prior 2 getting his S handed 2 him by Tyson twice (d stoppage in their 1st fight was a good stoppage unlike what many called it since).
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #48
I Know Everythi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by like a boss View Post
That you don't even know Calzaghe beat a 39-0 and prime Mikkel Kessler says a lot about your boxing knowledge. Or more correctly, complete lack of it
Kessler elite? Nice try
I Know Everythi is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 AM   #49
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

floyd
pac
money may
manny
mayweather jr
pacquiao
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #50
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Mayweather followed by Stevenson recently
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #51
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Arrow Re: P4P Top Ten - Duckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyopus View Post
How is it you CONVENIENTLY forgot these?

December 13, 2009
  • Michael Koncz says request for Olympic-style testing is a laughing matter and suggests they have no problem with it.

Speaking to Lem Satterfield of AOL Fanhouse, Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, suggests that Mayweather's request for Olympic-style drug testing is a laughing matter and they have no concerns whatsoever about it. "Our reaction is, 'So what?' We know Manny doesn't take any illegal drugs or anything. And none of this is getting under Manny's skin or anything. I'm here with Manny, and to him, it's like a joke. It's a laughing matter," said Koncz. "It's something foolish anyway. Why would we be concerned? We know he doesn't do any of that shit."

Why, if there was no problem, would they later give reason after reason why they could not do OSDT testing? 4 years later, all of the excuses they had went out the window and he was able to make the same request of Rios.
  • January 18, 2010

• Team Mayweather declares random blood and urine tests with no cutoff dates for all future opponents
    Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe declared that random blood and urine testing will be implemented in all of Floyd Mayweather's future opponents, regardless of the opponent. "Whoever fights Floyd Mayweather in the future, that person will be subjected to random blood and urine testing. I don't care who he fights, that will be the case," said Ellerbe, who made it clear that any proposition for a cutoff date for testing was essentially off the table.

• February 13, 2010
  • Mayweather makes it crystal clear that his terms are full random drug testing all the way up to the fight.

"I gave him a chance, up to 14 days out. But my new terms are all the way up to the fight. They can come get us whenever, all the way up to the fight, random drug test. That's what it is," Mayweather stated in an exclusive interview with David Mayo of The Grand Rapids Press.

May 2, 2010
Mayweather repeats that all cut-off dates are off the table.

Shortly after his win over Shane Mosley, Mayweather would reiterate his stance that all future opponents, including Manny Pacquiao, would have to submit to the same type of random Olympic-style blood and urine drug testing that both he and Mosley undertook. "If Manny Pacquaio wants to fight, it is not hard to find me. We were going to make the fight a couple of months back but it didn't happen. I take my hat off to Mosley. He had problems in the past, but he's a warrior. He took the blood and urine tests. I just want everyone to be on an even playing field. If every athlete is clean in the sport of boxing, take the test. If Manny Pacquaio takes the blood and urine tests, we can fight. If he doesn't, we won't make the fight," Mayweather explained.

You are trying to create the illusion that Floyd didn't say these things, that Pac agreed to 14 days and Floyd declined. The truth is Floyd said "NO CUTOFF" long before Pac agreed to the 14 days. If your argument is so strong, why the need for deception?

May 4, 2010

• Pacquiao "vehemently" denies agreeing to 14-day cutoff for random blood testing.

Shortly after news had spread regarding the statement released on his official website, Pacquiao vehemently denied claims that he had agreed to Mayweather's original compromise of a 14-day cutoff for random blood tests. Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz would allege that Pacquiao doesn't even know who Timothy James is, stating, "He never spoke to any reporter and never heard of the guy...never talked to anybody about boxing and his main concern is campaigning and winning the election on May 10. (Floyd) Mayweather is not even in our minds or in our thoughts." Koncz would then go on to quote Pacquiao as saying, "we'll fight Mayweather or any other fighter anytime, anyplace under the rules and regulations of the Commission of the state where the fight takes place."

May 4, 2010
  • Arum says quotes are false and Pacquiao is standing firm on 24-day cut-off.

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum would tell Ronnie Nathanielsz of ***********.com that the rumors about Pacquiao agreeing to a 14-day cut-off for random drug testing were "totally false" and that they were standing firm on their request for a 24-day cut-off period. "All I'm saying, right now we are holding to our position," Arum remarked.

More deception?? You didn't post this...why not???

and now......

Floyd Mayweather:

- "The only way he's getting the fight with me is if he signs with Mayweather Promotions. He's got to give me fights with Mayweather Promotions. If he don't give me no fights under Mayweather Promotions, then he's not getting the fight''.

- ''WBC made Pacquiao the number 1 mandatory to fight me, he can have the belt''

- ''Pacquiao is a ''HAS BEEN'' he has LOSSES''
Florez is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum