Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
nasik
Journeyman

vCash: 590
Default after rewatching DSG VS Khan

after rewatching danny garcia vs khan I feel like khan had the fight till he got cought with the no look hook I am a dsg fan more then a lucas fan but i think lucas will win this fight danny doesnt have much speed I really hope im wrong and hope he can pull it off but lucas ftw. ill be rooting for DSG
nasik is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #2
ACS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: after rewatching DSG VS Khan

So who wins in a Garcia vs Khan rematch?
ACS is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
nasik
Journeyman

I would say khan if he doesnt open up and plays it safe just rack up the points I really think he was going for the k.o from all the trash talking that happend. He seen blood on DSG and decided to take risk to try and stop him, but thats when he got cought.
nasik is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
HitBattousai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1375

Most fighters look slow compared to Khan, and Khan was winning the rounds against Garcia but it's very clear that Garcia was doing a combination of working Khan's body and timing him coming in with that left hook. He had already come close to catching Khan with the bomb several times earlier and it was going to connect on Khan eventually because Khan didn't have the pop to scare Garcia away from counter attempts. And once he connected, Khan's chin obviously can't take it. Garcia would stop Khan in a rematch as well due to this.

Lucas presents other issues. I would say that his speed is comparable to Garcia's, but Garcia is the better boxer so his shots initially should get there first. If Garcia can hurt Lucas or at least get his respect early with his power shots, then he has a shot at outboxing Lucas. But if Lucas can walk through his best punches, Danny is done.
HitBattousai is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
ACS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasik View Post
I would say khan if he doesnt open up and plays it safe just rack up the points I really think he was going for the k.o from all the trash talking that happend. He seen blood on DSG and decided to take risk to try and stop him, but thats when he got cought.
LOL there's an excuse everytime, Khan gets ktfo by Garcia 10 times out of 10 wrong styles
ACS is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #6
DoubleM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Nope, Garcia was beginning to time him and work him over. It was only a matter of time. If they fight again Khan will get KO'd again.
DoubleM is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #7
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Matthysse has shorter punches than Garcia, is quicker, can cut off the ring, punches much harder, has a much superior left hook, not to mention the right hand. I can see Matthysse beating Garcia to the punch all night, but it won't take very many punches to knock Garcia out, really just one good punch...........Garcia tried to get out of the fight with Matthysse, still don't know if both titles will be on the line. Garcia was extremely demanding, and judging from his face, he was afraid when Matthysse knocked Peterson out so easily and before that Dallas out cold in the very first round!!! Matthysse also has a better defense and chin....................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #8
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Really comes down to HEART and chin. Both will have to do something they haven't done in their careers and that's get up from a knockdown.I truly believe both have the power to hurt each other. We know this will not go the distance.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #9
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Remember, most were picking Peterson to beat Matthysse, including Garcia and Hopkins, but surprise!!! Many said that Dallas was too big and fast for Matthysse, but again, surprise!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #10
nasik
Journeyman

Thats true he didnt have the power to scare garcia away but he did have the speed to cut him up and worry him with the cut and blood running down. im not making an excuse but i just think if he mayweathers the fight just punch and run without opening up like he did in the first round but with a little more defence he would win by a wide decision
nasik is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #11
ACS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasik View Post
Thats true he didnt have the power to scare garcia away but he did have the speed to cut him up and worry him with the cut and blood running down. im not making an excuse but i just think if he mayweathers the fight just punch and run without opening up like he did in the first round but with a little more defence he would win by a wide decision
Khan doesnt have the skill or discipline to do that, and if he does someone could just Peterson him and close the gap he doesnt have a clue what to do up close
ACS is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Remember, most were picking Peterson to beat Matthysse, including Garcia and Hopkins, but surprise!!! Many said that Dallas was too big and fast for Matthysse, but again, surprise!!!
Huh? Everyone picked Morales against Garcia first time, Khan against Garcia, and Judah against Garcia. The only fight he was a legit favorite in was the second Morales fight..

Peterson had a year lay off before he fought Matt and only win after the lay off was against Kendall Holt, who himself was coming off a year layoff. Even before the layoff, Peterson got a SD win in his hometown against Khan and got a gift draw against Ortiz who wobbled him a couple of times.. Honestly it wasn't that hard to pick Matt to beat Peterson... he was just riding off his SD win against Khan.

And to use someone's post fight reaction as an indicator to a fight is just idiotic. After the KO, the camera's zoomed in on Danny, wtf was he supposed to me? It was an awkward situation.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #13
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitBattousai View Post
Most fighters look slow compared to Khan, and Khan was winning the rounds against Garcia but it's very clear that Garcia was doing a combination of working Khan's body and timing him coming in with that left hook. He had already come close to catching Khan with the bomb several times earlier and it was going to connect on Khan eventually because Khan didn't have the pop to scare Garcia away from counter attempts. And once he connected, Khan's chin obviously can't take it. Garcia would stop Khan in a rematch as well due to this.

Lucas presents other issues. I would say that his speed is comparable to Garcia's, but Garcia is the better boxer so his shots initially should get there first. If Garcia can hurt Lucas or at least get his respect early with his power shots, then he has a shot at outboxing Lucas. But if Lucas can walk through his best punches, Danny is done.
I think Lucas is the better boxer and deff has the faster hands
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #14
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Matthysse has improved a lot too in the last few years which is scary
box4life11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum