Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-12-2014, 02:13 AM   #91
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roach wants Pacquiao to fight Danny Garcia

Pac would stop Garcia. Herrera just beat Garcia................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #92
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneus7 View Post
I actually did forget that lol. Good point, however my point still remains that Floyd is P4P #1 so he is judged by a different standard.

I'm not defending Pac, you obviously didn't read my post if you think that. I'm simply saying Pacquaio is not as good as Mayweather so what is a cherry pick for Floyd is not necessarily a cherry pick for Pacquiao. That's not rocket science either.

Garcia has been mentioned as an opponent for Pac simply because he is one of the best options from a marketing standpoint, the same reason he has been mentioned as an opponent for Floyd. They want to make the fights that will make the most money.
Pacquiao was never as good as Mayweather, even when Pac was P4P #1. He never gained that from beating Mayweather. Mayweather skill set has always been above Pac. Yet that didn't stop folks from comparing the two, because Pac was riding Floyd jock strap. So what if Pac got KTFO, he was beat and KTFO long before he hitched a ride on the Mayweather express. Pac has been looking good lately right? People are still comparing Pac to Floyd right? So Floyd or Pac fighting Garcia should be considered a cherry pick fight that makes good money right. To say other wise considering, it was all done before would be a contadiction to Pac career since he's been compared to Mayweather.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #93
Gneus7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchild78 View Post
Pacquiao was never as good as Mayweather, even when Pac was P4P #1. He never gained that from beating Mayweather. Mayweather skill set has always been above Pac. Yet that didn't stop folks from comparing the two, because Pac was riding Floyd jock strap. So what if Pac got KTFO, he was beat and KTFO long before he hitched a ride on the Mayweather express. Pac has been looking good lately right? People are still comparing Pac to Floyd right? So Floyd or Pac fighting Garcia should be considered a cherry pick fight that makes good money right. To say other wise considering, it was all done before would be a contadiction to Pac career since he's been compared to Mayweather.
Which is exactly why what is a cherry pick for Floyd is not necessarily a cherry pick for Pac.
Floyd is P4P #1 and considered by most to be better than Pac so the standards are higher for him whether you like it or not. If Floyd wants to be 'TBE' then his level of opposition should reflect that.
Gneus7 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #94
The Shockmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Which is exactly why what is a cherry pick for Floyd is not necessarily a cherry pick for Pac.
Floyd is P4P #1 and considered by most to be better than Pac so the standards are higher for him whether you like it or not. If Floyd wants to be 'TBE' then his level of opposition should reflect that.
IMO when a bunch of people start trying to tell you that floyd is ducking pac...that hes deathly afraid...that pac will knock him out...and that pac is better.....and pac is fighting within a division or the same division as floyd....and pac claims a title at jr middle.....then yes....imo he should be held to the same standard as floyd.....

his fans say all of this shit and then they wanna be off the hook for certain shit....like saying garcia sucks and is coming off a loss but fighting pac is ok...or maidana is c level but fighting pac is ok
The Shockmaster is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #95
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
In other words it's ok for Pac to wear the title, but he don't have to live up to it??
B.S. If that's what it is, then a ATG he is not.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #96
Gneus7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
IMO when a bunch of people start trying to tell you that floyd is ducking pac...that hes deathly afraid...that pac will knock him out...and that pac is better.....and pac is fighting within a division or the same division as floyd....and pac claims a title at jr middle.....then yes....imo he should be held to the same standard as floyd.....

his fans say all of this shit and then they wanna be off the hook for certain shit....like saying garcia sucks and is coming off a loss but fighting pac is ok...or maidana is c level but fighting pac is ok
What a bunch of fanboys and haters say doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is according to most objective (not fanboys or haters) boxing enthusiasts, Floyd is better than Pacquiao and is the best in the world so he is judged by a higher standard. This fanboy/hater shit is juvenile.
Gneus7 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #97
FloatingGhost
Ghost
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I don't think it would be a "cherry pick" for pacquiao if he went to 140 like roach was talking about. If you can make weight in his division where he is the recognized champion I don't see how it could be called cherry picking. I'd call it going after the champ. Same would go for floyd but I think he'd have to hard of a time going to 140. Don't think he'd care to try either. I mean, floyd ain't chasing danny garcia. Pac might tho. He's much more suited for 140 anyway. Guys will talk shit but he's been fighting over his weight for years.
FloatingGhost is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #98
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Garcia is not beating Manny ,he's not the boxer Marquez is ..
he doesn't have to be. he's bigger than marquez...has pop in both hands and is very good at timing his opponents with counterpunches.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #99
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post
he doesn't have to be. he's bigger than marquez...has pop in both hands and is very good at timing his opponents with counterpunches.

Yeah but he is to flat footed for Manny ..I hope this happens ..You will see what I'm referring to .
Imperial1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum