Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-24-2014, 04:06 AM   #61
boxingfanatical

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
what happened to pacman's power since Floyd started his call for drug testing?
He moved up in weight class from 140 to 147.....Power didnt carry up. He hasnt knocked anyone out since he moved up to 147.
boxingfanatical is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #62
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
The old version of Bradley, the 140lb version, was one of the most aggressive pressure fighters at the time he was like a lil bulldog. Abit like a Juan Diaz, but fought even more aggressive, concentrating in smothering and outworking fighters. Ever since he joined 147, Bradley wisely for most of his fighters dropped that style vs bigger punchers like Abregu, Pacquiao, and Marquez. Against a style like Mayweathers, tho, Bradley bringing the style he had at 140 would be a nightmare for Floyd.
You think the 140lb version of Bradley beats the 140lb version of Floyd? No chance.

Both are different fighters now so match them on how they fight now if being realistic. Bradley is an excellent boxer and i love watching him, his severe lack of power will always be his downfall at the elite level. Big punchers dont trouble Floyd so Bradley wouldnt either.

Mosley is a better overall fighter than bradley and he won 1 round against Floyd. The only fighter beating Floyd is a much bigger and stronger man e.g a middleweight with a lot of pop. Maybe Golovkin, maybe not.
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #63
detamour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

why must floyd fight middleweights, and not pac?
detamour is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #64
frank_hammer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy147 View Post
You think the 140lb version of Bradley beats the 140lb version of Floyd? No chance.

Both are different fighters now so match them on how they fight now if being realistic. Bradley is an excellent boxer and i love watching him, his severe lack of power will always be his downfall at the elite level. Big punchers dont trouble Floyd so Bradley wouldnt either.

Mosley is a better overall fighter than bradley and he won 1 round against Floyd. The only fighter beating Floyd is a much bigger and stronger man e.g a middleweight with a lot of pop. Maybe Golovkin, maybe not.
I think Bradley a Mayweather hit about the same to be honest maybe Mayweather hits a little harder
frank_hammer is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #65
OBSERVER7421
Contender
ESB Senior Member

..... that fight would have been big if it happened after Bradley won over Pacquiao
OBSERVER7421 is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #66
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_hammer View Post
I think Bradley a Mayweather hit about the same to be honest maybe Mayweather hits a little harder
Neither of them hit very hard which is my point. A fighter of similar size to Floyd needs that KO power as they will have a small connection % over Floyd so they need to make the big shot count if it lands.

If Bradley were to land a clean shot on Floyds chin it wouldnt crack it, probably wouldnt even ruffle his goatee whiskers!! His output would be greatly reduced, he would land his fair share of half decent shots but not enough to get his attention.

Its tough to say the type of fighter that beats Floyd as we have never seen him struggle. The last Maidana fight was close (7-5 type fight) but i think Floyd had an off night, he deserves 1 in 20 years as every sportsman does. Castillio and Oscar were close too but he has never really had to face adversity in the ring.

everyone said he would never fight Shane, he did and made it look easy. Then they said he wouldnt go near Alvarez, same thing. They said he struggled with pressure but the unbeaten Hatton got KO'd, shutout the pure boxer in JMM and beat Cotto the man everyone said he avoided (cotto denied he chased the fight but people ignore this).

Floyd is an asshole so its easy to hate on him but he is a great fighter. His punch output better improve in his next fight if he wants to keep selling PPV's.
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #67
Moanamchara
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Mayweather beats Bradley Unaminous Decision.
IDK how people are saying Manny is faster than Mayweather. Manny looks to be a little faster than JMM though I think JMMs timing closes the gap. When Mayweather fought JMM it looked as though JMM was standing still the whole fight.
Moanamchara is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #68
frank_hammer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy147 View Post
Neither of them hit very hard which is my point. A fighter of similar size to Floyd needs that KO power as they will have a small connection % over Floyd so they need to make the big shot count if it lands.

If Bradley were to land a clean shot on Floyds chin it wouldnt crack it, probably wouldnt even ruffle his goatee whiskers!! His output would be greatly reduced, he would land his fair share of half decent shots but not enough to get his attention.

Its tough to say the type of fighter that beats Floyd as we have never seen him struggle. The last Maidana fight was close (7-5 type fight) but i think Floyd had an off night, he deserves 1 in 20 years as every sportsman does. Castillio and Oscar were close too but he has never really had to face adversity in the ring.

everyone said he would never fight Shane, he did and made it look easy. Then they said he wouldnt go near Alvarez, same thing. They said he struggled with pressure but the unbeaten Hatton got KO'd, shutout the pure boxer in JMM and beat Cotto the man everyone said he avoided (cotto denied he chased the fight but people ignore this).

Floyd is an asshole so its easy to hate on him but he is a great fighter. His punch output better improve in his next fight if he wants to keep selling PPV's.
I agree Braldey loses to Mayweather for me the only person who had and has a chance of beating mayweather would be Manny even then i would favor Mayweather but Manny would of been his toughest opponent ever.
frank_hammer is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #69
detamour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

manny? he ran from testing right. He launches himself like a rocket into juans punch, and his critics say juice!! conveniently forgetting he asked juan, mosley, bradley to take that same test which he ignored!!
detamour is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum