Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #46
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Abraham vs Froch Press conference: Video and Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
You can't make comparisons between the 2 fights. Froch has a valid point. He went to denmark and went to war with Kessler,hurt kessler badly in the 5th,had him again in the 11th. Kessler hurt Froch in the 7th.
Yes, we can. Froch is claiming that he got robbed in Denmark. Well, what happened to Dirrell in Nottingham was a lot worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Dirrell did nothing to warrant the win against Froch and wasway to negative. I'd have no problem if he got the win because it was a close fight,but this notion that he was robbed and schooled Froch was ridiculous.
Being negative doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the win. If a fighter is negative and lands more shots AND the cleaner shots, he deserves to win. That is how it is supposed to be scored. Lets say a 'negative' fighter lands a 100 shots in a fight and the 'positive' fighter lands 50. The 'negative' fighter also has the cleaner shots. Who should win?

Dirrell did it easily. He certainly did school Froch. Froch hit air all night and got countered easily. You won't convince me that Froch landed more or landed the cleaner shots in that fight. So then how did Froch deserve to win? Because people like his 'style' more? Boxing has subjective scoring but it isn't as bad as that. I think the polls on all the sites (including this one I think) showed what the fans felt.
bigboxingfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #47
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

You are not going to take the title from an aggressive champion in his backyard by running, holding and complaining.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #48
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
Abraham is shitting himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by awas88 View Post
Abraham shits it from noone. Like he said, Froch better be careful, else he'll knock his head off.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #49
red7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Never seen Kalle Sauerland shaken like that before, Froch got to him with the claims of dodgy judging
red7 is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #50
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboxingfan View Post
Being negative doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the win. If a fighter is negative and lands more shots AND the cleaner shots, he deserves to win. .
Yes but Dirrell was so negative he should've been diqualified. I was shocked at his performance, completely disgraceful.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #51
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboxingfan View Post
Yes, we can. Froch is claiming that he got robbed in Denmark. Well, what happened to Dirrell in Nottingham was a lot worse.

Being negative doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the win. If a fighter is negative and lands more shots AND the cleaner shots, he deserves to win. That is how it is supposed to be scored. Lets say a 'negative' fighter lands a 100 shots in a fight and the 'positive' fighter lands 50. The 'negative' fighter also has the cleaner shots. Who should win?

Dirrell did it easily. He certainly did school Froch. Froch hit air all night and got countered easily. You won't convince me that Froch landed more or landed the cleaner shots in that fight. So then how did Froch deserve to win? Because people like his 'style' more? Boxing has subjective scoring but it isn't as bad as that. I think the polls on all the sites (including this one I think) showed what the fans felt.

EXACTLY, SOMEONE GETS IT AND UNDERSTANDS THE SPORT! Hit and not be hit mutha****as HIT AND NOT BE HIT! Dirrell did that. Now he can run, he can come forward, he can do whatever the **** he wants, but he landed more than Froch, period. What Dirrell did was no different than what Haye did against Valuev, the only difference being that Valuev was so, so shit, so shit, that the fight was one sided, while the Dirrell/Froch fight was competitive.

Froch can't complain because he was too shit to cut the ring off, or that Dirrell didn't stand in front of Froch and allow him a free shot. WTF ws Dirrell supposed to do? He was a little naive, that's all, but he fought the right kind of fight. Stop bitching, cuz your boy did get win didn't he? So don't be mad.

That point that got taken off Dirrell was a ****in joke, a joke. If refs took points off everytime fighters held, why was nothing done in the second fight between Danny Williams and John McDermott? Why didn't the ref just disqualify them both? They were clinching literally every 3 seconds towards the end, so what about that? That's what you call holding, this was NOTHING in comparison. GTFOH with that shit. What about Hatton vs "Zoo" (man I can't spell his name)? Hatton was not only holding, but holding and hitting, using wrestling tactics, a lot worse than what Dirrell did but he got away with it right?

What about Froch getting away with rabbit punching? Why wasn't a point taken from him? Also, **** this shit about a challenger having to tear the title away from the champ. Just score the ****in fight, score the ****ing fight!, don't give a headstart to someone because they're champ! Cuz you're supposed to score the ****in fight damnitt! everything else is not relevant.

Quote:

I think the polls on all the sites (including this one I think) showed what the fans felt
Yes after the Dirrell fight there was a lot of controversy, and I think polls showed that most thought Dirrell won, and everyone can agree that it was a close fight (although clear IMO).

Now the Kessler fight was different because it was less close, and there was a poll in the brit forum, okay, the brit forum, that showed most brits thoughts Kessler won that fight. About 90 had voted when I checked, and it was 80/20 in Kesslers favour. Only Carl's family members and friends thought he won that fight. So **** all this bitching about being robbed. Abraham will make sure no polls are needed anyway.

I'll say it again

"he can run, he can come forward, he can do whatever the **** he wants, but he landed more than Froch, period. What Dirrell did was no different than what Haye did against Valuev, the only difference being that Valuev was so, so shit, so shit, that the fight was one sided, while the Dirrell/Froch fight was competitive"
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #52
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Do agree that Froch lost against Direll though.

Edit. Meant to say Kessler instead of Direll.

Last edited by Boro chris; 10-15-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #53
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingBuzz View Post
**** me whos that bird in your avatar?!
Megan Fox. I intend to teach her the ways of righteousness.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #54
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Ar6ig35O0&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Ar6ig35O0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #55
psilas

HAHA, that left of Froch is gonna kill AA in this one.

No way AA getting inside a reach like that.
psilas is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #56
Webzcas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Carl Froch has gone way up in my estimation. Absolutely verbally spanking Sauerland over their bent judges.

Really hope he sparks out Abraham.
Webzcas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum