Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #31
spopovich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd vs TBE, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Man View Post
Why don't we post some side by side footage of them so we can get a feel for who is better. Go on then lets put up training footage and highlight reels of each and well see ey. I already know who looks much better.
So you think some HD vids of Canelo hitting a bag which looks harder to you proves that Canelo is better than Hagler. I honestly can't believe I'm having this argument. I mean if we were talking about GGG it would make a little more sense. Hes actually good and a middleweight lol. Honestly you'd be hard pressed to find anyone to support this ridiculous opinion of yours. Put it up to a poll on this site if you don't believe me
spopovich is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #32
spopovich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by markq View Post
Let's see

Pac cherry picked Margarito after Mosley destroyed him
Pac cherry picked Hatton after Floyd KOd him
Pac cherry picked JMM IV after Floyd schooled him
Pac cherry picked Mosley after Floyd schooled him
Pac cherry picked Rios after Alvarado beats him

Do we really need to go there? Is Pac's best win Tim FEATHER STORM Bradley? Between the two, Pac is consistently the bigger cherry picker.
I'm not denying that Pac cherry picked as well. I would never say that Pac is "TBE". Neither of these guys are.
spopovich is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #33
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2030

I think Floyd was always better than Pacquiao.

Pacquiao doesn't have much experience with counter-punchers, and when he has fought them, such as Marquez, he struggled.

Floyd, OTOH, has fought a LOT of swarmers/brawlers, and several southpaws.

I think Floyd UD's Pacquiao @ 130. At that weight, Pacquiao was rather predictable with his double right jab/straight left combo.
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #34
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by markq View Post
Let's see

Pac cherry picked Margarito after Mosley destroyed him
Pac cherry picked Hatton after Floyd KOd him
Pac cherry picked JMM IV after Floyd schooled him
Pac cherry picked Mosley after Floyd schooled him
Pac cherry picked Rios after Alvarado beats him

Do we really need to go there? Is Pac's best win Tim FEATHER STORM Bradley? Between the two, Pac is consistently the bigger cherry picker.
How long you been watching boxing bro? I like how you failed to mention Pac's fights with Morales, Berrara, and JMM at lower weight classes OUTCLASS the heck out of anything Mayweather did. Mayweather wouldn't even fight Margarito.. Pac did. Mayweather wouldn't fight Clottey.. Pac did. Pac brutally destroyed Cotto first and then later on Mayweather cherry picked him and barely got by. Also Tim Bradley was a pretty good win for Pac.. I give Floyd credit but I'm not so sure he beats Bradley at this point in his career.

I'm not saying PAc is the best ever either, but based on resume, based on how Pac dominated guys bigger than him (Floyd runs, hugs, elbows, and potshots his way to victory) theres many flomos that will agree Pac is ranked higher. History will also prove it. Also if being undefeated means anything then look at Chavez Jr.. What was he before Martinez.. 50 something and 0? He could of retired and had more wins than Mayweather. Don't mean much.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #35
make_the_weight
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC! View Post
Roach: "Yeah it was our fault we ran from drug testing"

Ether to the Pactards.
Let's be honest now, your OTT love Of floyd makes being a pactard respectable
make_the_weight is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #36
The Shockmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
How long you been watching boxing bro? I like how you failed to mention Pac's fights with Morales, Berrara, and JMM at lower weight classes OUTCLASS the heck out of anything Mayweather did. Mayweather wouldn't even fight Margarito.. Pac did. Mayweather wouldn't fight Clottey.. Pac did. Pac brutally destroyed Cotto first and then later on Mayweather cherry picked him and barely got by. Also Tim Bradley was a pretty good win for Pac.. I give Floyd credit but I'm not so sure he beats Bradley at this point in his career.

I'm not saying PAc is the best ever either, but based on resume, based on how Pac dominated guys bigger than him (Floyd runs, hugs, elbows, and potshots his way to victory) theres many flomos that will agree Pac is ranked higher. History will also prove it. Also if being undefeated means anything then look at Chavez Jr.. What was he before Martinez.. 50 something and 0? He could of retired and had more wins than Mayweather. Don't mean much.
no one is stupid enough to think that a mere records means anything...but floyds record does mean something because its a good resume....comparing floyds resume to chavez jrs before martinez isnt even close....and even now it still isnt close....

lmao at the notion that bradley beats floyd right now....okkkayy....well i cant change your mind if you believe that then you believe it....i cant disprove it anymore than you can prove it.....but were talking two different classes of fighter....bradley is a good fighter....just not that good....even at this stage of floyds career....bradley would get timed over and over again....hed be a deer in headlights by the 6th or 7th

fighting margarito means jack shit(and floyd agreed to take 8 mil to fight margarito...arum confirmed it before he went on the attack about it after floyd left him.....arum offered him 8 mil to fight margs and then wanted floyd to sign for more fights which were outlined as cotto and hatton....arum offered him 7 mil apiece for those two fights after....floyd wanted 10....how do you offer 8 for margs and then less for hatton/cotto fights which are way bigger)....margarito means nothing legacy wise.....it would have done nothing to increase his standing in hindsight.....you simply assume that his style and pressure gives floyd a tough night....and it may have well done that just that.....but margarito is not special by any means....it would be just as easy to suggest that one of the best/most special fighters of his generation would easily outclass a b level fighter like margarito with ease.....margs is slow...his punches are windmills...he cant defend worth shit......hell cotto boxed his face off for many of the rounds they fought....cotto just didnt know how to stop him from coming forward the entire time....when he figured it out for the 2nd fight he beat his face in.....

pacs barrera/morales fight are pretty good..no doubt....but hes failed to beat jmm convincingly once at a couple of weights.....when he beat cotto ...cotto was coming off of the bricks ...and barely getting by clottey(you actually said floyd was afraid to fight clottey? lol).....when he should have been fighting shane....shane begged for it...was coming off a big/decisive win and was the man at 147...instead he opted for a catchweight fight against cotto because freddie was worried about shane....

manny is a vg fighter...i like him...and he was very cool to watch down below 140....and even after....and still is....but lets not act as if his career over 140 was not carefully planned out and every guy he fought was some deserving beast that he slayed man
The Shockmaster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum