Old 02-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #92
Foxy 01
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Evander Holyfield vs Prime Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Holyfield who beat Tyson was juiced up to the the eyebalz.

If he was not prime when he fought Tyson , what the hell was he when he took Lewis 24 rounds years later.

Past prime only applies to Tyson in this fight , as i doont recall Evander being locked away in any jessop for 4 years under false charges.

You may as well make the argument that Danny Williams had the beating of Tyson while your at it. Dingbat.
Why do people deliberately lie to back up their agenda's?

Quote:
He was assigned to the Indiana Youth Center (now the Plainfield Correctional Facility) in April 1992,and he was released in March 1995 after serving three years.
April 92 until March 95 is NOT 4 years.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #93
UFC2015
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The easiest way to look at this is to see how bad Tyson was in the 1996 bout. For one he claims he under trained because he felt holyfield would be a piece of cake given his last two fights were terrible.

But how many things did Tyson not do in the actual fight in 1996 compared to the things Tyson did from 1985-88. How would holyfield have fared up against those things?
UFC2015 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2016, 08:23 PM   #94
LavelleFuxwell
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I recall immediately after Holyfield fought Bert Cooper (who had replaced Tyson after Tyson was injured) almost everyone dismissed Holyfield's chances of beating Tyson based on how badly Cooper had Evander hurt. Then two fights later seeing how Rid**** Bowe ripped up Vander on the inside with bodyshots and uppercuts didnt help Vander's case either.
The conventional wisdom in 92 was that Vander wasn't a true heavyweight, he was also too easy to hit because of his tendency to brawl. It took Vander a little while to mature into the heavyweight division. Tyson woulda been too much for Holyfield at that time IMO
LavelleFuxwell is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #95
energie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdelfadeel View Post
I dont know about the rest of you, but the two fights i saw of Evander vs. Tyson, Evander was scared to death of Mike and anybody that knows boxing knows that's the truth. Every time Mike would come after Evander, Evander would wrap him up in a hug because he was afraid of getting hit by Mike and then sucker punch Mike. Mike even complained to the referree about Evander holding but the referree didnt say one word to Evander about it I dont blame Mike for what he did in the ring against Evander, biteing his ear even though it was unprofesional it was justice to Evander for his sucker punching to Tyson and the ref allowing Evander to do so. I watched both fights over and over and each time I saw the same thing Evander scared to Death of Tyson, Tyson hit Evander one good time and it staggerd Evander and Evander imedititley grab hold of Tyson for dear life to keep from getting knocked out. Everyone has it all wroung Tyson wasnt afraid of Holyfield, Holyfield was afraid of Tyson! Tyson didnt want to make out with Evander in the ring with all of Evander hugging Tyson wanted to kick Evander ***! After the second bite if you can remember Tyson told Evander come on lets fight Tyson was ****ed off because all of Evander holding and I really wish they hadent stopped the fight because it would have gotton really good after that. Tyson would mop the floor with Evander blood in a good old fashioned street fight. And Evander holding wouldnt do him a bet of good in it This will not receive the best answer from the person who asked the ? but you didnt see the fights the same way I did. Holyfield was scared to death of Tyson if you dont beleive so and you still have these fights recorded go back and watch them again and again and you will see what I see.
IM A HUGE TYSON FAN BUT GO LOOK AT THE STAREDOWN TO THE 2ND FIGHT AND TELL ME WHO LOOKS SCARED OF WHO BUT THEN AGAIN TROLLING IS NEGATIVE ATTENTION SEEKING THRILLS
energie is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #96
UFC2015
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dont buy the **** Evander was scared of Tyson. Tyson was more intimidated of Evander. The second fight staredown said everything.
UFC2015 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #97
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavelleFuxwell View Post
I recall immediately after Holyfield fought Bert Cooper (who had replaced Tyson after Tyson was injured) almost everyone dismissed Holyfield's chances of beating Tyson based on how badly Cooper had Evander hurt. Then two fights later seeing how Rid**** Bowe ripped up Vander on the inside with bodyshots and uppercuts didnt help Vander's case either.
The conventional wisdom in 92 was that Vander wasn't a true heavyweight, he was also too easy to hit because of his tendency to brawl. It took Vander a little while to mature into the heavyweight division. Tyson woulda been too much for Holyfield at that time IMO
I tend to agree. After Cooper, Holyfield gained major experience at the heavyweight level facing Larry Holmes, Bowe, Stewart, Bowe again, Moorer, Mercer and Bowe a third time with every single fight being competitive. During this time Tyson was rotting in prison and upon his release faced a sham in McNeeley, looked horrible against Mathis, looked good against a statuesque Bruno and got rid of Seldon in 90 seconds, less than 8 total rounds combined during his comeback. Hardly, HARDLY the version that swept aside the division in the 80's.

Some people here say Holyfield was past his prime, which he was, but was able to put those tough rounds under his belt to good use. Tommy Brooks had the perfect game plan and brought in Gary Bell and David Tua to simulate Tyson's offense. This isn't revisionism, but Holyfield was better prepared for Mike than the other way around. Mike's fault of course.
Sangria is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2016, 12:12 AM   #98
Nighttrain
'BOUT IT 'BOUT IT
ESB Addict

vCash: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
I tend to agree. After Cooper, Holyfield gained major experience at the heavyweight level facing Larry Holmes, Bowe, Stewart, Bowe again, Moorer, Mercer and Bowe a third time with every single fight being competitive. During this time Tyson was rotting in prison and upon his release faced a sham in McNeeley, looked horrible against Mathis, looked good against a statuesque Bruno and got rid of Seldon in 90 seconds, less than 8 total rounds combined during his comeback. Hardly, HARDLY the version that swept aside the division in the 80's.

Some people here say Holyfield was past his prime, which he was, but was able to put those tough rounds under his belt to good use. Tommy Brooks had the perfect game plan and brought in Gary Bell and David Tua to simulate Tyson's offense. This isn't revisionism, but Holyfield was better prepared for Mike than the other way around. Mike's fault of course.
The quick Seldon dispatch may have been the most detrimental to Tyson. It likely gave false sense of security. He would have been better off if had more struggle coming into the fight. The prefight for the first one had a lot of speculation that Holyfield could get hurt.
Nighttrain is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #99
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighttrain View Post
The quick Seldon dispatch may have been the most detrimental to Tyson. It likely gave false sense of security. He would have been better off if had more struggle coming into the fight. The prefight for the first one had a lot of speculation that Holyfield could get hurt.
Exactly. It made him overconfident and I truly believe Mike trained harder for Seldon than for Holyfield anyways. McNeeley and Mathis put up better fights than two world champions.

I remember Tyson-Seldon had been postponed from June or July and got pushed back to September with Holyfield next in November.
Sangria is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum