boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
iamhere
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default how were some muay thai fighters able to transition into boxing so well?

some muay thai fighters looked like seasoned veterans literally 3 matches into their career. sahaprom and payakaroon come to mind. do muay thai techniques really translate that well into boxing?
iamhere is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475
Default Re: how were some muay thai fighters able to transition into boxing so well?

Yes. They're cousins.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: how were some muay thai fighters able to transition into boxing so well?

I work with someone with the last name of Macadangdang. It's pronounced just like it reads and I always enjoy hearing from her, so I can think of her name again and again, muttering to myself as I work.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 840

There's quite a bit of close quarter training in Muay Thai that translates pretty well into boxing; plus the training needed to become elite in that sport ensures that combatants tend to be pretty freaking tough and durable when they compete in boxing.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 45500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Yes. They're cousins.
... Sahaprom and Payakaroo, or Muay Thai and pugilism?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
I work with someone with the last name of Macadangdang. It's pronounced just like it reads and I always enjoy hearing from her, so I can think of her name again and again, muttering to myself as I work.
Post of the day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
... Sahaprom and Payakaroo, or Muay Thai and pugilism?
If flea was herez be could elucidate...
LittleRed is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 45500

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
Ever make a bang-bang with Macadangdang?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Years and years of pro ring experience as well as almost non stop fight conditioning since the age of 8. They're also masters at cutting weight.

By time they make the switch to boxing most are hardened ring veterans with over 200 gruelling pro MT bouts. A good example of this is a famous MT fighter called Sangmanee Sor Tienpo whose pretty much done it all in the Thai MT world 2 days ago announced he's quit MT to join the Thai amateur Olympic team. He's basically an elite level pro fighter before he'd even put the red or blue vest on.....

What most people don't realise although the footwork and science is different the heavy contact sparring MT fighters do is with only fists due them fighting so often they can't risk injury as it would mess up there livelihood. The sparring with feet is very light with an emphasis on speed and technique as they do there power work on the bags and pads. The clinch work which is some if the most exhausting sparring you'll ever do is also only semi contact & very technical to avoid injury. So they've sparred hundred and thousands of heavy rounds with just fists, so are no stranger to the concept. By time they make the switch most are harden ring veterans with over 200 gruelling pro MT bouts.
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum