boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
frank_hammer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Default 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quiet honestly i don't really see any ATG potential in those weight classes once Pac and May retire the class A fighters would be gone.

the only fighter who i see just below these guys is timothy Bradley he has been in their with the best not only that but with true ATG material.

Cotto is also up their but he needs a win over a class A opponent he has always fallen short.

what do you guys think?
frank_hammer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
Joejr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 462
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_hammer View Post
Quiet honestly i don't really see any ATG potential in those weight classes once Pac and May retire the class A fighters would be gone.

the only fighter who i see just below these guys is timothy Bradley he has been in their with the best not only that but with true ATG material.

Cotto is also up their but he needs a win over a class A opponent he has always fallen short.

what do you guys think?
You just said PAC and floyd are the only two a class fighters but critisize cotto for never beating a class fighter, what a class fighters have PAC and floyd beaten
Joejr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
frank_hammer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr View Post
You just said PAC and floyd are the only two a class fighters but critisize cotto for never beating a class fighter, what a class fighters have PAC and floyd beaten
both Floyd and Pac are ATGs thats a fact which in itsself puts then in class a
frank_hammer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Joejr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 462
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_hammer View Post
both Floyd and Pac are ATGs thats a fact which in itsself puts then in class a
But how if they have never beaten a class a fighter?
Joejr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
frank_hammer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr View Post
But how if they have never beaten a class a fighter?
Pac has beaten Bareera who was seen as a class A fighter back then and is a atg same goes for Pac beating Morales,Dela hoya

Floyd has beaten Dela hoya
frank_hammer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
Joejr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 462
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_hammer View Post
Pac has beaten Bareera who was seen as a class A fighter back then and is a atg same goes for Pac beating Morales,Dela hoya

Floyd has beaten Dela hoya
De la Hoya was well past it when he daughter floyd and manny if that's all he has too make him an atg it's pretty poor
Joejr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
frank_hammer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr View Post
De la Hoya was well past it when he daughter floyd and manny if that's all he has too make him an atg it's pretty poor
did i just say dela hoya ?

Pac beat bareera who was seen as a beast and was a class a fighter a atg as well
frank_hammer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #8
Joejr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 462
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_hammer View Post
did i just say dela hoya ?

Pac beat bareera who was seen as a beast and was a class a fighter a atg as well
I was talking about floyd he was the only one you mentioned for him
Joejr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #9
Gannicus
2014 Poster of the Year
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

I think Felix Verdejo will end up there. He's only just turned 21 and is 135lbs already and has a frame that would fill out.
Gannicus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
Pez
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Kell Brook
Pez is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #11
Damien
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 160
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 140/147 ATG potential ?

Neither started at 147 , maybe look for guys in lower weights who will be moving up over the next few years as Pac and Money did?
Damien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015