Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #46
blackhatton
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: khan is the best ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKYMARSHMELLO View Post
Best chicken dancer will forever go to Zab Judah without a doubt.... shittest chin Kahn.
its a close one but I think Khan has had more chicken dance of the season awards than Judah. Did you see his dance against Craig Watson? it won't let me post links
blackhatton is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #47
gdm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
interesting that you had to write 'gold', so as to cut out all the other medal distinctions they won. wonder why?

anyways the rest of your post is BS, even Mary Kom whom I mentioned, a woman at that, has won the world title 3 times. And they tend not to go pro, its not seen as a done thing in india, but you can interpret this as being crap as pros if you wish even if theres few of them physically doing being professionals. Absence of body is not the same thing as presence of mind, something you might want to take on board.

you should be running now.
Boxing, swimming, wrestling , basketball or any other sport ,south asians suck big time, because they are physically inept .
gdm is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #48
Reggie Kray
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdm View Post
Boxing, swimming, wrestling , basketball or any other sport ,south asians suck big time, because they are physically inept .
goes without saying, they can't compete at any good level
look at football/soccer - and south asians in the UK love football hahaha and look how many south asians there are on this forum theres loads!

Like someone said - there has not been a single south asian man who has won a gold medal in boxing at the olympics OR world championships.
not even 1 lol
I think that is all you need to know
Reggie Kray is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #49
VictorS.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I generally do not like to get involved in racially charged debates because at the end of the day race is a social construct and has no scientific basis. The fact that a south Asian has never won a gold medal is possibly true. However, let's take a look at the current AIBA rankings:

46-49kg:

1. David Aryapetyan, Russia
2. Devendro Singh, India

56kg:

1. John Nevin, Ireland
2. Lazaro Jorge Alvarez Estrada, Cuba
3. Satoshi Shimizu, Japan
4. Shiva Thapa, India

60kg:

16. Jai Bhagwan

64 kg:

6. Manoj Kumar

69kg:

7. Vikas Krishan
10. Mandeep Jangra

75kg:

12. Vijender Singh

91kg:

23. Dinesh Kumar

91+ kg:

18. Satish Kumar

India is not a country that embraces other sports other than cricket and tennis. However, in certain parts of the country, particularly Haryana and Manipur these regions are beginning to really embrace the sport of boxing. Vikas Krishan is a world championships bronze medalist. Devendro Singh was a quarterfinalist at the Olympics and World Championships. India currently has five different boxers that have a top ten ranking in their respective divisions. India has a promising boxing program. In addition, if you were to look at the junior levels they are progressing at an even faster rate. Just recently at the junior world championships they had two silver medalists along with a bronze.
VictorS. is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #50
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorS. View Post
I generally do not like to get involved in racially charged debates because at the end of the day race is a social construct and has no scientific basis. The fact that a south Asian has never won a gold medal is possibly true. However, let's take a look at the current AIBA rankings:

46-49kg:

1. David Aryapetyan, Russia
2. Devendro Singh, India

56kg:

1. John Nevin, Ireland
2. Lazaro Jorge Alvarez Estrada, Cuba
3. Satoshi Shimizu, Japan
4. Shiva Thapa, India

60kg:

16. Jai Bhagwan

64 kg:

6. Manoj Kumar

69kg:

7. Vikas Krishan
10. Mandeep Jangra

75kg:

12. Vijender Singh

91kg:

23. Dinesh Kumar

91+ kg:

18. Satish Kumar

India is not a country that embraces other sports other than cricket and tennis. However, in certain parts of the country, particularly Haryana and Manipur these regions are beginning to really embrace the sport of boxing. Vikas Krishan is a world championships bronze medalist. Devendro Singh was a quarterfinalist at the Olympics and World Championships. India currently has five different boxers that have a top ten ranking in their respective divisions. India has a promising boxing program. In addition, if you were to look at the junior levels they are progressing at an even faster rate. Just recently at the junior world championships they had two silver medalists along with a bronze.
hold on a minute the p akistanis on here were racsit as **** towards indians not to long ago on this forum (and it was well accepted) , claiming indians could not box nor fight saying name a world champion india as produced and they were all curry eating what ever , as stated before doudle standards

Last edited by ashishwarrior; 09-02-2013 at 01:41 PM.
ashishwarrior is online now  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #51
blackhatton
Journeyman

[quote=VictorS.;15648640] Devendro Singh was a quarterfinalist at the Olympics and World Championships. I/QUOTE]

only an Indian would think that is an acceptable answer , for a nation of 1.5 billion to only ever have 1 bronze medalist, Without sounding horrible, that is really terrible.

you make up 30% of the worlds population yet you think getting someone to the quarter finals is an achievement.
and listing guys that are 15th 17th in the rankings lol come on man I don't think you realise how ridiculous you sound

I'll give you a comparison - paddy barnes of ireland ( population 5 million) after winning the bronze medal at the olympics threw his medal on the floor and said '' bronze medal is for losers''

different countries have different standards
whats an achievement to some countries/ races is seemed as absolutely nothing to others

the gold medal is what counts, being a champion
blackhatton is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #52
VictorS.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=blackhatton;15648778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorS. View Post
Devendro Singh was a quarterfinalist at the Olympics and World Championships. I/QUOTE]

only an Indian would think that is an acceptable answer , for a nation of 1.5 billion to only ever have 1 bronze medalist, Without sounding horrible, that is really terrible.

you make up 30% of the worlds population yet you think getting someone to the quarter finals is an achievement.
and listing guys that are 15th 17th in the rankings lol come on man I don't think you realise how ridiculous you sound

I'll give you a comparison - paddy barnes of ireland ( population 5 million) after winning the bronze medal at the olympics threw his medal on the floor and said '' bronze medal is for losers''

different countries have different standards
whats an achievement to some countries/ races is seemed as absolutely nothing to others

the gold medal is what counts, being a champion
You make some good points. India as an Olympic nation has underachieved. That's an understatement. I am just pointing out that their boxing culture (which is relatively new) is not at all bleak and does have some decent prospects in almost all the weight classes. Certain countries and cultures have their niches where they succeed. West Indian nations such as Jamaica have excelled in the sprints. Brazil: soccer; USA: basketball; Spain: tennis; Dominican Republic: baseball, India: cricket....you get the picture.

I just think it is dangerous culturally for us to make blanket statements such as "south Asians make bad fighters" etc. South Asians in the United States generally have higher incomes, do well in white collar professions, and often achieve high levels academically. If you watch the annual spelling bee on espn, you'll often see a huge south Asian contingent. However, I think it would be small minded to say something like "other American ethnic groups are "dumber" because there are many factors that go into that person picking their endeavors and then succeeding at them.
VictorS. is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #53
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhatton View Post

WHy don't Europeans excel at sports that are popular in Asia?

There are several niche sports over there that reflect niches such as boxing does here, and with far more local competition given the large population. Yet there are no excelling practioners in the west in these arts. Why?

Answer, because its not part of Western culture to play them games. How many westerners you know go play team cubadi at top level? How many westerners are Sumo champions? KNow any westerners who are top Pelwani practitioners? none, exactly.

The world is simply a MUCH bigger place than you make it out to be. Boxing is just a tiny part of it. If we start trying to apply our limited view of our lives on the world we only stupid.

'only an indian' indeed. wat a joke of a comment. Who are you to comment on a culture of which you know nothing? You barely even know an indian, I'll warrant.
HerolGee is online now  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #54
Jonesbones
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

laughing me head off reading these posts, khan best ever do me a favour, good fighter but thats where it stops , he will feel more power on the chin at welterweight, best ever, lol
Jonesbones is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #55
MrCasual
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
WHy don't Europeans excel at sports that are popular in Asia?

There are several niche sports over there that reflect niches such as boxing does here, and with far more local competition given the large population. Yet there are no excelling practioners in the west in these arts. Why?

Answer, because its not part of Western culture to play them games. How many westerners you know go play team cubadi at top level? How many westerners are Sumo champions? KNow any westerners who are top Pelwani practitioners? none, exactly.

The world is simply a MUCH bigger place than you make it out to be. Boxing is just a tiny part of it. If we start trying to apply our limited view of our lives on the world we only stupid.

'only an indian' indeed. wat a joke of a comment. Who are you to comment on a culture of which you know nothing? You barely even know an indian, I'll warrant.
Very good post. Jesus christ there's some knuckle draggers lurking in this forum. Back to topic. Khans entertaining & good enough to win back one of the lesser titles. He beats Alexander but anything above that level & he gets found out....again!

Masood - simplest why to leave forum is to switch of your pc. See ya.
MrCasual is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #56
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Khan has fantastic hand speed.....................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #57
antonio plaisir
the detonator
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdm View Post
physical ineptitude does not equate to some of the greatest cricketers the world has ever seen. there's no tradition of boxing in south asia, that will change, and hopefully so too the neanderthal element of esb.
antonio plaisir is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum