Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
MetalLicker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Rigo vs Abeko

I give Agbeko a better chance to beat Rigo than Donaire.

Rigo don't like to be put under pressure. If you allow him to fight at his own pace, he can box circles around you. One of the fundamental mistakes Donaire made was trying to outbox a boxer, but at the same time, Donaire is not a good offensive fighter. He's always been a counter-puncher.

Agbeko on the other hand fights in one style. He'll push forward and put some pressure on Rigo. I think Rigo will win this fight 8-4, but I would not count out a Agbeko win...assuming he's still in his prime.
MetalLicker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #17
eltirado
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLicker View Post

Rigo don't like to be put under pressure. If you allow him to fight at his own pace, he can box circles around you. One of the fundamental mistakes Donaire made was trying to outbox a boxer, but at the same time, Donaire is not a good offensive fighter. He's always been a counter-puncher.

Agbeko on the other hand fights in one style. He'll push forward and put some pressure on Rigo. I think Rigo will win this fight 8-4, but I would not count out a Agbeko win...assuming he's still in his prime.
Agbeko seems to be the type who raises up to the occasion, Rigo is arguably the unofficial P4P King Agbeko knows it that's why I expect him to fight the fight of his life
eltirado is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
BrendonC
Club Fighter
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 63906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Was fortunate to see him operate at radio city ,his boxing is a thing of beauty ! You won't be disappointed !
yeah i know! i saw him there aswell in radio city :P Tried to meet him afterwards but he just bounced. maybe this time :P
BrendonC is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #19
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendonC View Post
yeah i know! i saw him there aswell in radio city :P Tried to meet him afterwards but he just bounced. maybe this time :P

Good luck enjoy it ..
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #20
darryl1914
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I am pretty excited for this fight simply because I am just a fan of skillful fighters. But there will be some "Boo-birds" during this fight and then the posters will come in here and call Rigo a "boring" fighter. Agbeko is a really good fighter that can be aggressive at times, but at his core he is a counter-puncher and Rigo is exclusively a counter-puncher. The casual fans will rip this fight....but I am pretty damn excited.
darryl1914 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #21
eltirado
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl1914 View Post
But there will be some "Boo-birds" during this fight and then the posters will come in here and call Rigo a "boring" fighter.
It will be Rigondeaux most exciting fight to date, mainly because Agbeko is coming in Guns blazing & Rigo will bomb him with laser guided lefts and rights
eltirado is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #22
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLicker View Post

His whole CP style is based on being under pressure. He's a stick and mover who has been fighting under pressure since his amateur days.
No idea what you're talking about

Last edited by boxeo#1; 12-06-2013 at 07:08 AM.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #23
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
His whole CP style is based on being under pressure. He's a stick and mover who has been fighting under pressure since his amateur days.
No idea what you're talking about
It's the Cordoba fight spooking. Rigo deviated from his usual styly until the 7th or so, he even tried close fighting but Cordoba got arguably the better of it. After which he stared to stick and move and cruised to victory. The judges saw many of those rounds for cordoba, though. Same as in the Donaire fight, really - judges don't like him.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5000

rigo makes it look easy
cippi is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
WildStyle
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'll take Agbeko for the split decision upset in this one.
WildStyle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum