MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Is Rosario underrated?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Bramble was better too.
I like Bramble, but he was a guy totally overrated in his prime. I think he beat Mancini after Ray lost his motivation to really fight. Then he really didn't prove much after Mancini up to the Rosario fight. He beat Crawley, which was impressive, but Crawley never beat anyone good except Robin Blake if I recall.
I liked Bramble and he was tough and he had a great personality, but Rosario kind of outclassed him in a way you don't see guys outclassed who are top 5 p4p at the time, and Bramble was. I think the top 5 p4p in 1986 was Hagler,Spinks,Hearns,Holmes and Bramble Obviously Bramble did not belong with those guys.
And to be fair, Bramble was not a good style for Rosario. Rosario could just swing and land around Bramble's tight defense when he put his gloves to his face, all Rosario did was swing around them and land easily. And he also landed the uppercut. I actually saw the fight was 4-1 odds that morning for Livingstone. And I thought, that punch Rosario landed on Hector , how can it not land. Bramble will be there for it. It was very easy to see. If Bramble could do it over the only way he had to win was to just swing for the fences in round one and hope to hit Rosario's on the chin, since Edwin did not have a great chin. I don't think it would have worked, but that is how he could have done it, and he could have had the excuse he got careless trying to get Rosario knocked out. Rosario would have landed one of his bombs and probably knocked out Bramble in round one, but it would have evened it up more and given Bramble a chance to win. That is the only way i see Bramble winning that fight.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #32
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Bramble flat out quit against Rosario imo.
lora is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #33
Danmann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quiet guy who fought great, but in era of hype and loudmouths. Under appreciated for sure, I don't know about underrated, most fans who followed him or remember him appreciate his talent.
Danmann is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #34
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Thats why im such a huge fan...Quit but deadly
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 AM   #35
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
yeah thats pretty much why, if hamed wasnt an obnoxious loudmouth he would get more recognition.
Its more than that. Rosario lost some fights but he cameback and always conducted himself like a champion.

On the other hand Hamed {who was very talented} quit as soon as he lost a fight. Thats more than just being a jerk it shows a lack of fighting character and a taste for combat. He talked the talk but didnt deliver. He was basically the opposite of what a champion is supposed to be about.
ETM is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #36
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

A tremendous,compact puncher,but sure as hell not slick(not sure what gave you the impression that he was).Thought he looked pretty shit against Howard Davis,and didn't think he did enough to win a decision against Ramirez,either.
Goyourownway is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum