Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: KOvalev vs Cloud/Stephenson winner?
KOvy 19 86.36%
Cloud 0 0%
Stephenson 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
Benitom3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default KOvalev vs the winner of Cloud/Stephenson?

Who do you think wins
Benitom3 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
vast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: KOvalev vs the winner of Cloud/Stephenson?

I think after Adonis drills someone after Cloud, to increase the attention and the buildup.
vast is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
P4P-Ruler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Kov v Stevenson is the fight I want most next year. WAR.
P4P-Ruler is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 76

Adonis wasted a few yrs catering to pedos up in Canada.

He's 37 now, and only finally won a world title vs an underprepared titlist.

I can't see how he's gonna beat a prepared Cloud when he barely eeked out the win over a game but underskilled D George.

But, then again, Cloud isnt exactly a world beater himself. A step up from washed up Dawson and neverwas La Bomba, but unless he comes looking to cracked Stevensons certifiable china chin, he'll likely lose bwo ref stoppage due to his inactivity.

But whoever wins, theyre going to have to face the best LHW since prime RJJ, except this guy KOvalev aint shoeshining. He's lambasting.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
Koba
Master Baiter
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by vast View Post
I think after Adonis drills someone after Cloud, to increase the attention and the buildup.
That'd be Bellew then? Late Nov has been mentioned but we'll haveta wait and see.

I 'm kinda 65/35 on Adonis 'gainst Cloud, 'cos I think Cloud could catch him on the counter. But I think Clouds loss to BHop, beating from Campillo and long lay-off have to make him a long shot.

I have Stevenson running right through Bellew however and (seeing as Adonis seems to want to stay busy) Kovalev is the obvious choice for the next superfight at LHW.

Kovalev dismantles him IMO. Stevenson does get the big KOs, but like most heavy hitters, needs to wait for the opportunity, for the opening, to come.

While Adonis is waiting, Kovalev will be landing, again and again. Sergei makes the openings, finds the angles. Those thudding, reverberating combos will first sap Adonis' strength and weaken his resolve 'til he's looking for survival rather than openings, then, ultimately render him unable to continue.

Kovalev TKO 4-6.
Koba is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
Koba
Master Baiter
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Adonis wasted a few yrs catering to pedos up in Canada.

He's 37 now, and only finally won a world title vs an underprepared titlist.

I can't see how he's gonna beat a prepared Cloud when he barely eeked out the win over a game but underskilled D George.

But, then again, Cloud isnt exactly a world beater himself. A step up from washed up Dawson and neverwas La Bomba, but unless he comes looking to cracked Stevensons certifiable china chin, he'll likely lose bwo ref stoppage due to his inactivity.

But whoever wins, theyre going to have to face the best LHW since prime RJJ, except this guy KOvalev aint shoeshining. He's lambasting.
La Bomba? Edwin Rodriguez? I am confused. Has there been another 'La Bomba' that has fought Stevenson?

Genuine question BTW, not trying to take the piss.

EDIT; Sorry got it, Don 'Da Bomb'...

More EDIT: Good fight that one BTW. Showed 2 things to me. Firstly Stevensons power ain't all that, he can bang, but the Dawson KO was more of the 'caught cold' type. More importantly though, Stevenson can go the distance and still bring KO power and aggression into the later rounds. I got a lot more respect for Adonis watching the George fight than the Dawson flash KO.

Last edited by Koba; 09-26-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Koba is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
Mr Pibb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
That'd be Bellew then? Late Nov has been mentioned but we'll haveta wait and see.

I 'm kinda 65/35 on Adonis 'gainst Cloud, 'cos I think Cloud could catch him on the counter. But I think Clouds loss to BHop, beating from Campillo and long lay-off have to make him a long shot.

I have Stevenson running right through Bellew however and (seeing as Adonis seems to want to stay busy) Kovalev is the obvious choice for the next superfight at LHW.

Kovalev dismantles him IMO. Stevenson does get the big KOs, but like most heavy hitters, needs to wait for the opportunity, for the opening, to come.

While Adonis is waiting, Kovalev will be landing, again and again. Sergei makes the openings, finds the angles. Those thudding, reverberating combos will first sap Adonis' strength and weaken his resolve 'til he's looking for survival rather than openings, then, ultimately render him unable to continue.

Kovalev TKO 4-6.
kovalev is no spring chicken himself..

All he's done is much of nothing even if you count Cleverly as an average fighter.

He's got a bubble head and a puny neck...a brutal KO waiting to happen
Mr Pibb is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Koba
Master Baiter
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pibb View Post

All he's done is much of nothing even if you count Cleverly as an average fighter.

You are creative in your analytical critique of fighters' weaknesses aren't you?

Regardless he is absolutely a danger to any other LHW out there. Whilst I am a fan, I do acknowledge in Kovalev a weakness that many (I think wrongly) attribute to GGG - he does get hit far, far too much. I don't think he's particularly chinny but all it takes is the one decent punch. It's one of the reasons I actually find Kovalevs fights exciting - yes, there's the brutal stoppages, but there's also the very real possibility of him getting KTFO - keeps you on the edge of your seat, y'know?

Bubble head? Easter Island chin I'd say - let's hope it's as tough.
Koba is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
lepinthehood
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pibb View Post

lol
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #10
Benitom3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think KOvy can avoid Stephensons big shot and take him out in 3-5 like he has everyone else. Future undisputed lhw champ.....If......Hops grows a pair
Benitom3 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum