ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

"Carl Froch has revealed his promoter Eddie Hearn has already contacted American television company HBO over a potential fight with Julio Chavez Jr in Las Vegas.

Froch defends his super-middleweight world titles against George Groves on November 23, but admitted a fight with Chavez Jr may hit a stumbling block, with HBO preferring 'The Cobra' to face unbeaten world champion Gennady Golovkin.

"It's not pie in the sky. It's potentially one of the biggest fights to happen in the last decade," Froch told The Sun.

"I'm told my promoter Eddie Hearn has already spoken to the American TV company HBO about a big fight against Chavez Jnr.

"But, from what I understand, HBO are more interested to see me in against Golovkin because there are not too many willing to fight him.

"Sure, Golovkin is frightening but I fear no man. It would be an unbelievable super-fight that would get everybody excited - him or Chavez Jr.
" fom ESPN

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Eddie Hearn has targeted a potential superfight between Carl Froch and Gennady Golovkin for 2014.

The frighteningly heavy-handed Kazakh on Saturday needed only three rounds to stop Britain's Matthew Mackin in the latest defence of his IBO and WBA middleweight titles and underline his ability to convincingly dismiss even a truly proven challenger.

And now Hearn, who has worked with Froch during the two finest victories of his career against Lucien Bute and Mikkel Kessler, believes Golovkin could step up in weight to take on the IBF and WBA super middleweight champion next year.

'Golovkin is one of most widely avoided fighters on the planet and fair play to Macklin for stepping up, but Golovkin is a freak of nature,' Hearn told Sky Sports. 'He's a beast.

'According to HBO he'd be willing to step up to super-middleweight and a fight with Carl Froch would just be epic.

'Froch, granite chin, Golovkin one of the biggest pound-for-pound punchers in the world.
Hard as nails: Carl Froch has been in several wars and continues to retain the strongest of chins

Hard as nails: Carl Froch has been in several wars and continues to retain the strongest of chins

'Carl Froch will fight any man. Whilst Golovkin is largely avoided Froch will quite willingly step up and ideally that is a fight that could happen in the middle of 2014.'
" from Mail Online

flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm more and more interested to see Froch vs 3G happening

[quote=lencoreastside;15766410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
The weight ain't a problem.
Froch has said he can't go down anyway, which is not a surprise 'cos he's one of the few guys who walks and fights at around about his class weight

This ^ comment here makes no sense whatsoever. In fact it is a total contradiction.

Froch is too big for GGG, this fight won't happen...forget about it.
HBO will 'force' this fight to happen cuz it would be an interesting exciting match-up.
flashy k.o is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum