Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #121
Mr Pibb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Daniel Jacobs vs. Giovanni Lorenzo & Eddie Gomez vs. Steve Upsher Chambers RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHook4rmHell View Post
On second thought, I'd like to see Jacobs vs. Rosado next.

The winner gets a title shot against Peter Quillen.
That's if Quillen is still around.

He is there to be had..
Mr Pibb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #122
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Daniel Jacobs vs. Giovanni Lorenzo & Eddie Gomez vs. Steve Upsher Chambers RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
IB, do you think Jacobs beats Barker? I think GBP would be smart to make so they can control more than 1 belt in the division
I'm honestly not sure whether he matches up more advantageously with Barker or if he would've been a little better off catching Geale still holding the belt.

On the one hand, Geale can take a heavier punch than Barker. It's very easy to imagine Jacobs decking Barker. However, Barker has excellent recovery and loads of heart so even if Jacobs did so it's no guarantee he could finish him. (And there would be the risk of punching himself out trying, or at least overspending stamina he might need later on)

On the other hand, Geale for all his prodigious output would be made to miss an embarrassing amount by Jacobs - more than Barker made him. Jacobs meanwhile would likely be getting in with accurate counters like Barker did except these would sting more. However, Geale is good at making sure he gets the last word in during exchanges and does have some dig especially when cornered, so he might be able to make Jacobs shy.

Ultimately I think Barker is the slightly tougher style match-up for Jacobs as the superior technician, but it still could be doable with Jacobs' explosiveness and being able to match Barker in the jab department (which most can't)

Alas, I think Jacobs is chasing Martinez, seeing as he bothered ponying up fees to Sulaiman for this "vacant WBC Continental Americas title" when he was previously unrated in the WBC top 40 and was #9 in a rival org (WBO)

As great as he used to be, I think Sergio may actually be the most vulnerable sitting duck for world title hunters. He looks poorer every night; the other champs are prime. Jacobs might be onto something...
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #123
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'm honestly not sure whether he matches up more advantageously with Barker or if he would've been a little better off catching Geale still holding the belt.

On the one hand, Geale can take a heavier punch than Barker. It's very easy to imagine Jacobs decking Barker. However, Barker has excellent recovery and loads of heart so even if Jacobs did so it's no guarantee he could finish him. (And there would be the risk of punching himself out trying, or at least overspending stamina he might need later on)

On the other hand, Geale for all his prodigious output would be made to miss an embarrassing amount by Jacobs - more than Barker made him. Jacobs meanwhile would likely be getting in with accurate counters like Barker did except these would sting more. However, Geale is good at making sure he gets the last word in during exchanges and does have some dig especially when cornered, so he might be able to make Jacobs shy.

Ultimately I think Barker is the slightly tougher style match-up for Jacobs as the superior technician, but it still could be doable with Jacobs' explosiveness and being able to match Barker in the jab department (which most can't)

Alas, I think Jacobs is chasing Martinez, seeing as he bothered ponying up fees to Sulaiman for this "vacant WBC Continental Americas title" when he was previously unrated in the WBC top 40 and was #9 in a rival org (WBO)

As great as he used to be, I think Sergio may actually be the most vulnerable sitting duck for world title hunters. He looks poorer every night; the other champs are prime. Jacobs might be onto something...
good breakdown. I didn't think about a lot of your points before, but I agree with them.
With Sergio's age/injuries combined with his style, I think he probably would be the easiest chance at a title for Danny. I didn't even think about that fight.
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #124
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

The fights were good but if this is Fox Sports big debut their commentary team leaves a lot to be desired and so does their production.Bontempo was boring,Paulie was a motor mouth and spoke more than the fighters when he was interviewing and Hopkins looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.Poor production and presentation but good fights.
fatcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum