Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #61
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Benn ''I wish I had Calzaghes power'', talking about prime Joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Eubank had time to prepare and wasn't weight drained against Thompson , and he still LOST, twice. Bring up the scorecards for those fights.
Haye was handing Thompson his ass till he gassed out.
Eubank was handing Thompson his ass till he was thumbed and one-eyed, (then took all Thompson's bombs til the end without seeing them coming!). Eubank easily won the first 5-6 rounds of both CT fights, completely schooling Carl and making him look like a donkey, even with restricted movement in his bad knees.
atberry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #62
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

Fighters say questionable things all the time . Calzaghe - "Most people compare me to Ali "
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #63
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Its obvious. Once these fighters feel the power they cover up, hold for dear life and go into survival mode. Look at the proof. Hopkins held, Manfredo didnt even try and punch because it got too much and just tried to cover. Watch the fights

How was Eubank so shot?
How far past prime was Eubank to you then?
Eubank had lost a close decision to Collins, that many thought he won, had a couple of tune ups and rematched Collins to a SD, had a couple of tune ups and lost clearly to underdog Calzaghe. After that loss Eubank went up to CW and challenged world champ Thompson losing a very close decision and then rematched Thompson losing on injury when ahead. Thats Thompson who years later past his best KOd D Haye.
Consider Eubank only had 2 losses to one fighter when he fought Calzaghe, the second by SD to a world champ and was 31 then went on to challenge a big CW flooring him etc, how past his prime do YOU think he was?
Remember Kessler is Wards big win and was the same age as Eubank here and had around the same amount of fights, so is Kessler shot as well, because Kessler has a serious eye problems and was an unwell double vision suffering fighter who has not been real active for a while now due to his injury

Remember when you make silly comments about losses was G Johnson considered past his prime when years ago after losing to Hopkins he went 7-9-2 including the Hopkins loss

Utter bullcrap Calzaghe didnt hit Hopkins with 10 LEGITIMATE scoring punches the whoile fight he slapped like a girl. No way in hell Calslappy won that fight. The blatant low blow & the attempted ***ual assault of Bernard in the ring proves what Calzaghe was A pantie waisted coward
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #64
C.J.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd498 View Post
That sloppyness kinda got the job done though didn't it. 46-0
I beg to differ.... The 46-0 comes from Slappy ducking every dangerous fighter & getting bogus decisions he did not deserve eg the Hopkins debacle.
If Calzaghe wasnt a coward he'd have rematched Nard at home in Wales. He didnt because he knew Nard wouldnt let him get up off the floor AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #65
C.J.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley View Post
Anyone who uses ROFL and BTW or any other kind of text speak is to young to know who Nigel Benn is.

Now close the door on tthe way out kid, your opinion is worthless here.
While you are gone practice scoring fights because you clearly have no idea.
Finley pin back your ears shut the lell up & listen sonny.
I have been in and around boxing for over 35 yrs both in and out of the ring. You on the other hand were still in diapers when Nigel was in his prime maybe you still are now
If you think Calzaghe can punch hard or ever could even & also think Calzaghe slapped his way to victory over Hopkins Its YOU who need to get the hell out & learn about the sport before opening your mouth OK
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #66
C.J.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bane View Post
Reminds me of the time I saw Benn in London. I asked him for his autograph, he said "No problem come over here mate." I shouted "I don't want it that bad!", and walked away. I''m pretty sure that guy must have been pretty embarrassed.
Quite the asshole werent ya if it really happened What Nigel should have done was put ya over his knee and spanked your ass in front of everyone You'd have been VERY embarassed then
C.J. is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #67
ELECTRIC GURU
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

All roads lead to Joe Calzaghe, this irrefutable fact seems to wrangle with so many Butthurt fanboys these days.
ELECTRIC GURU is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #68
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

great fighter
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #69
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
Utter bullcrap Calzaghe didnt hit Hopkins with 10 LEGITIMATE scoring punches the whoile fight he slapped like a girl. No way in hell Calslappy won that fight. The blatant low blow & the attempted ***ual assault of Bernard in the ring proves what Calzaghe was A pantie waisted coward
Wrong again, read on
Almost everyone that scored the fight for Hopkins is lying to themselves and others. I understand that Hopkins is an American legend that people want to see as an iconic figure.

Here are some solid facts
1. Calzaghe landed more than 100 punches than Hopkins throughout the fight.
2. Contrary to what people want to believe, Calzaghe also made Hopkins miss more
3. All round punch percentages, Calzaghe finished ahead of Hopkins
4. Calzaghe outlanded Hopkins in every round
5. A Byrd who scored for Hopkins it appears has a history for bad scorecards. Type in Adalaide Byrd in Google and see what comes up for yourself, still here are some little things for you to look at
a. A Byrd was the only judge out of the 3 scoring judges that had Mack ahead against Cloud
b. The K Pavlik - A Lopez fight was scored 98-92, 99-91 by the other 2 judges, A Byrd scored it 95-95
c. A Byrd was one of the judges that had Morales a 4 point loser against Maidana
d. In the S Aydin vs S Ouali fight, the other 2 judges scored clearly for Aydin. Byrd scored for Ouali
e. The J Almaraz/C Tyler fight was scored a Maj-Dec all because of one judge, guess which? A Byrd
f. The A DeMarco/J Reyes fight was a SD. Guess who the odd judge out was? A Byrd.
g. The R Torres - M Arnaoutis fight was a close fight, a point either way to 2 judges but a wide result scored by Byrd
h. In the A Pryor Jr/D Stanislavjevic SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd
i. The W Ferguson/J Lopez SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd

I think thats enough for you to get the picture with Byrd. Remember the other 2 judges scored clearly for Calzaghe

6. Calzaghe beat Hopkins in America, at a new weight with 3 American judges and Cortez as ref.
7. Calzaghe scored the single highest score card against Hopkins ever 116-111.
8. The 2 judges that scored for Calzaghe agreed on 9 of the rounds
9. Calzaghe landed more on Hopkins than anyone ever.

Now I know there will be a flood of people coming on here noting Hopkins scoring a flash KD in the first round, and I agree that Hopkins did win a few rounds even when he didnt land as often, but people are mad if they think Calzaghe won on workrate, Calzaghe won because he was able to land his left more often than Hopkins could land his right.
Calzaghe finished the stronger and took away the moments Hopkins likes down the stretch.
Other thoughts, If Hopkins thought he was winning, do you think he would have been looking for time out and would bother trying to get points deducted off of Calzaghe, of course he wouldnt, Hopkins knew he was losing.

What I do note is that nobody seems to mind Hopkins lost to Taylor. In the first Hopkins/Taylor fight, Jermaine was badly hurt and Hopkins looked the stronger at the end, yet it seems to upset alot of these people that Calzaghe beat Hopkins. Appears very biased.
bailey is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #70
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Wrong again, read on
Almost everyone that scored the fight for Hopkins is lying to themselves and others. I understand that Hopkins is an American legend that people want to see as an iconic figure.

Here are some solid facts
1. Calzaghe landed more than 100 punches than Hopkins throughout the fight.
2. Contrary to what people want to believe, Calzaghe also made Hopkins miss more
3. All round punch percentages, Calzaghe finished ahead of Hopkins
4. Calzaghe outlanded Hopkins in every round
5. A Byrd who scored for Hopkins it appears has a history for bad scorecards. Type in Adalaide Byrd in Google and see what comes up for yourself, still here are some little things for you to look at
a. A Byrd was the only judge out of the 3 scoring judges that had Mack ahead against Cloud
b. The K Pavlik - A Lopez fight was scored 98-92, 99-91 by the other 2 judges, A Byrd scored it 95-95
c. A Byrd was one of the judges that had Morales a 4 point loser against Maidana
d. In the S Aydin vs S Ouali fight, the other 2 judges scored clearly for Aydin. Byrd scored for Ouali
e. The J Almaraz/C Tyler fight was scored a Maj-Dec all because of one judge, guess which? A Byrd
f. The A DeMarco/J Reyes fight was a SD. Guess who the odd judge out was? A Byrd.
g. The R Torres - M Arnaoutis fight was a close fight, a point either way to 2 judges but a wide result scored by Byrd
h. In the A Pryor Jr/D Stanislavjevic SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd
i. The W Ferguson/J Lopez SD, guess who the odd judge out was? You guessed it... A Byrd

I think thats enough for you to get the picture with Byrd. Remember the other 2 judges scored clearly for Calzaghe

6. Calzaghe beat Hopkins in America, at a new weight with 3 American judges and Cortez as ref.
7. Calzaghe scored the single highest score card against Hopkins ever 116-111.
8. The 2 judges that scored for Calzaghe agreed on 9 of the rounds
9. Calzaghe landed more on Hopkins than anyone ever.

Now I know there will be a flood of people coming on here noting Hopkins scoring a flash KD in the first round, and I agree that Hopkins did win a few rounds even when he didnt land as often, but people are mad if they think Calzaghe won on workrate, Calzaghe won because he was able to land his left more often than Hopkins could land his right.
Calzaghe finished the stronger and took away the moments Hopkins likes down the stretch.
Other thoughts, If Hopkins thought he was winning, do you think he would have been looking for time out and would bother trying to get points deducted off of Calzaghe, of course he wouldnt, Hopkins knew he was losing.

What I do note is that nobody seems to mind Hopkins lost to Taylor. In the first Hopkins/Taylor fight, Jermaine was badly hurt and Hopkins looked the stronger at the end, yet it seems to upset alot of these people that Calzaghe beat Hopkins. Appears very biased.

I find this statement to be bull crap.. Hopkins has tried many times to get points deducted even in a fight he is winning. Typical Bernard antics... He won practically every round aginst Jones in the second fight, but was faking hurt even worse than he was in his fight with Calzaghe. Hopkins really thought he won that fight, I have 100 percent confidence in that.

As for Calzaghe landing more, you can't put too much into that either, many of those punches were not clean punches or hard at all which resulted in Calzaghe landing more on Hopkins than anyone ever. Who cares, Calzaghe's punches certainly didn't inflict the most damage Hopkins has felt in a fight, and lets remember that is the point of Pro boxing, not numbers.

I actually thought Bernard landed the better shots in the fight, just maybe not quite enough of them. That fight could have gone either way. The 116-111 is a pretty bad score , I have more of a problem with that one than I do 114-113 for Hopkins.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #71
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 92328

how much did joe paid benn to say this?
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #72
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
how much did joe paid benn to say this?
I was about to ask the same thing .
MrPR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum