Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
boxerlove
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default People were backing Bute to beat Froch?

Just reading through all these old predictions, "froch will get seriously outboxed", "froch will get exposed", etc. And these type of comments were all on here,

Bute was a paper champion. Froch is a warrior.
boxerlove is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: People were backing Bute to beat Froch?

Froch is a dumb MF for fighting Bute, that was a scary fight for Froch. In other words Froch should have said his health come first but I guess being the knucklehead that he is he took the fight.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Hindsight is a glorious thing isn't it?
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #4
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was one of them.It just proved Frochs ability and toughness,his best win in my opinion.Bute appears to have suddenly become a bad fighter now.Bullshit.I expected,even if he didn't win,to do a lot better in a return in Montreal,which isn't happening now.As it was,he beat a good fighter in his next one.A worthy world champion,but I overrated him slightly and underrated Froch.Never mind,I did tip Tim Bradley.Win some lose some.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bute was clearly over rated at the time. He had looked good beating some decent guys like Miranda and an old Johnson but the problem was anyone can look good fighting at a lower level.

Froch had lost to Ward and Kessler and struggled with Dirrell but he was fighting at a much higher level than Bute. This was the difference and what resulted in people looking at Bute's performances and thinking he would beat Froch.

Fighters must be judged on the quality of the opposition they have beat not how good they look because even a journeymen can look great when put in against a vastly over matched opponent.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
nutnfancy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Froch is a dumb MF for fighting Bute, that was a scary fight for Froch. In other words Froch should have said his health come first but I guess being the knucklehead that he is he took the fight.
I'm always impressed at how you can make any subject about Floyd.

You and Money should just go ahead and get married...or something.
nutnfancy is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #7
Kaz_187
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber View Post
Bute was clearly over rated at the time. He had looked good beating some decent guys like Miranda and an old Johnson but the problem was anyone can look good fighting at a lower level.

Froch had lost to Ward and Kessler and struggled with Dirrell but he was fighting at a much higher level than Bute. This was the difference and what resulted in people looking at Bute's performances and thinking he would beat Froch.

Fighters must be judged on the quality of the opposition they have beat not how good they look because even a journeymen can look great when put in against a vastly over matched opponent.
exactly right, thats why im not really sold on the likes of ggg and kovalev yet, they may turn out to be superstars but at the moment the just dnt have the body of work behind them to be justifield in being in some people p4p top 10 lists(ggg)
Kaz_187 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #8
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 515

It was a great win for Froch.
Remember Ward was considered the champ at SMW but didnt fight Bute.

Bute had been a world champ for a while, had, had more successful world title defences at that time, than any other active SMW champ, had normally looked better against common opponents and was scoring many KOs.
Bute had also beaten several top 10 SMWs, even if they were not all top 5, in Johnson, Andrade x2, Berrio (was a champ), Magee (became a champ after), Bika (became a champ after) and had beaten some fair comp in Zuniga and Miranda.
Bute had often looked good in winning these fights, where as Froch was an old SMW when (Consider fighters like Eubank, Benn, Collins had been retired by this age and Calzaghe at the end of his career) he was fighting Kessler, let alone Ward and had struggled with Magee, Dirrell etc when winning.

I thought Bute was going to beat Froch.

Hindsight is a great thing. Froch beat Bute but I dont think Ward would have had as easy a time, in that I dont think Ward would have hit hard enough to really shake Bute up like Froch did and I wouldnt have been shocked if Bute had of beaten Ward. We never got to see what would have happened there and that would have been the biggest SMW fight at that time
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Lucien Bute was ok, looked good fighting B level fighters. He's the same as Kell Brook. Looks great against average fighters, will get clobbered when he steps past Euro.
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #10
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_187 View Post
exactly right, thats why im not really sold on the likes of ggg and kovalev yet, they may turn out to be superstars but at the moment the just dnt have the body of work behind them to be justifield in being in some people p4p top 10 lists(ggg)

I agree about GGG and Kovalev their resume doesn't warrant such a high ranking. I like watching them both fight and will root for GGG against anyone at middleweight but potential and hype do not make a great fighter.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum