Old 10-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #121
Mr Pibb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Arum: Mayweather wants nothing to do with Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
To be honest I think Cotto took Trout lightly it was Trout's first step up fight. I think Cotto thought he could just show up and that would be enough to beat Trout because Trout was just happy to be there. If they have a rematch I would probably pick Cotto to beat him. IMO I think Cotto should be trying to get a rematch with Trout if he can't get Martinez or Canelo in the ring.
Trout would beat Cotto worse if they fought again.
Mr Pibb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #122
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Boxer View Post
Ring Generalship is the individual who dictates or controls the tempo of the fight. The one who controls ring activity in general and with those actions forces or makes the other guy move or fight the way that he wants.

For example, taking away one punch with an action or applying smart pressure to control battle rythm or another good example when you effectively cut off the ring and corner ther other guy into the ropes or corner where he can better control the action and be the effective agressor.

That defines "Ring Generalship", and Miguel is a master at doing so. He's ability to cut the ring is second to none, he applies pressure in a controlled/smart way. He does not carries away like some crazy guy, he boxes and counter punches and moves with you pressing the fight, cutting off the ring effectivly to control the attack.
And since you claimed Cotto was one of the best, which one of his recent big fights did he do as you said above?

Trout? - Nope
Mayweather? - Nope
Margarito I or II? - First fight, nope and forced to yield; 2nd fight, Meh and was beginning to be forced to yield
Pacquiao? - Hell naw and forced to yield
Mosley? - Forced to spend the last few rounds on the backfoot and blowing for air
Clottey? - Forced to spend the last few rounds on the backfoot, blowing for air and fouling

Guys like Mayweather, Pac, BHop, Ward, Rigondeaux, etc. impose their will on guys. Where the Cotto fight where this happened?

Again, when is this 'master' of ring generalship actually doing it against high level competition? What, Yuri Foreman and Mayorga?

Come on, man.

Look, I like Cotto. But let's not make him more than he is.
Sweet Jones is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #123
jas
★ Legends: B-HOP ; PAC ★
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

arum needs to stfu
jas is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #124
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why are people plugging Cotto??? Cotto-Rodriguez wasn't a big deal. Cotto throws 2 left hooks and they stop the fight. Not impressed.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #125
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post
i think that's highly likely.
But he won't
Hotsauce is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #126
bodyopus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
the 2008 cotto was the one that floyd wants nothing to do with.

The 2012 Cotto was the one Pac wanted nothing to do with.
bodyopus is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #127
bmf95b
Boxing Fan
ESB Addict

Why would he, he already beat him. Delvin is no MayweatherJr.
bmf95b is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #128
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nes01 View Post
A shrewd businessman, and one who plays the games of public relations, but a dumbass he is not. Harvard dont accept dumbasses.

Of course, he is just saying the above to further sell Cotto to the public, boost his rep and to make Floyd look back. It's just a part of business. Dont get wound up about it.
George Bush.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #129
Flyers2001
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Boxer View Post
Knubknuts here are talking about Cotto beat a C class boxer on Rodriguez and that does not merits a Floyd rematch but you know what?

Floyd beat two bums himself on Guerrero and Canelo! What? Guerrero who came up in weight to fight FMJr. who has a proven record at 130lb but but a bum at 147lb.

Canelo? lol!!! What a joke. Pretty much given the WBC belt, baby'ed and protected by the WBC who sanctioned his inflated record of overly inflated 130lbs, padded record of taxi drivers, barbers and taco vendors placing them all in a disanvantage. Then whe you think that it will fight someone who could challenge him (Trout) the do the BS open score card and gets (Trout) partially robbed with the decision.

IMHO, bums.

I'm a realist, and I know that Cotto's win over Rod will not get him the rematch, so he needs to go out and fight and defeat either Trout, Canelo or Martinez.
I love reading stupid shit from dumb m'fukers.

Guerrero came up in weight? Of course, but he had 2 fights at WW and handled to physical WW's in Aydin and Berto. You must be forgetting that Floyd once fought at 130 as well, but its ok for one fighter to go up in weight and not the other.

Fighters go up in weight all the time, its part of the sport. RG had 1 lost in his career and hadn't lost a fight in 5-6 years. It was a solid come back fight. Much better than Cotto vs. Drod/Jennings and so forth....

Its Floyd Mayweather so he is expected to fight guys bigger or what is perceived to be the biggest threat at the time, only to be bitched at afterwards.

Your the type that would bitch if Floyd went to 160 and won a belt there against Martinez or GGG. You hate, just come out and say it.
Flyers2001 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #130
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
George Bush.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum