Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #841
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vanes Martirosyan vs. Demetrius Andrade & Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Roman Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
That would be the second time that the broken clock is correct today. Congratulations.
when IB tells you to swallow do you do so or spit it out in defiance?
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #842
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vanes Martirosyan vs. Demetrius Andrade & Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Roman Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
No, it wasn't. Andrade had to sweep the late rounds to secure a win, and he did.
after eight rounds andrade had both outthrown and outlanded vanes by twice as many punches

feel free to put me on your ignore list
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #843
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 5000
Default Re: Vanes Martirosyan vs. Demetrius Andrade & Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Roman Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
after eight rounds andrade had both outthrown and outlanded vanes by twice as many punches

feel free to put me on your ignore list
I don't put people on ignore lists for acting like attention whores and posting messages to the extant of 'nyah nyah nyah' when proved right. That's a bit childish, imo, but whatevs.

Post something racist and/or completely wrong headed, and you'll go on for sure.

As for quoting stats, bear in mind that distribution punches thrown and landed is also important. Andrade landed and threw a lot more than Vanes in the sixth, and a bit more over the course of the other seven. But Vanes landed better shots, especially to the body, in a lot of the other rounds. Not a hell of a lot in a lot of the earlier rounds. That's why I had Vanes up going into the last four. Andrade swept the last four and won on my card...which was quite a bit closer than IB's or the slick/black contingent.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #844
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 5000
Default Re: Vanes Martirosyan vs. Demetrius Andrade & Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Roman Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
when IB tells you to swallow do you do so or spit it out in defiance?
Edit: Nah...I'm done with this. It's not like fight or either fighter's performance really warranted any type of extended argument.

Instead, I will post this in closing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #845
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vanes Martirosyan vs. Demetrius Andrade & Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Roman Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
I don't put people on ignore lists for acting like attention whores and posting messages to the extant of 'nyah nyah nyah' when proved right. That's a bit childish, imo, but whatevs.

Post something racist and/or completely wrong headed, and you'll go on for sure.

As for quoting stats, bear in mind that distribution punches thrown and landed is also important. Andrade landed and threw a lot more than Vanes in the sixth, and a bit more over the course of the other seven. But Vanes landed better shots, especially to the body, in a lot of the other rounds. Not a hell of a lot in a lot of the earlier rounds. That's why I had Vanes up going into the last four. Andrade swept the last four and won on my card...which was quite a bit closer than IB's or the slick/black contingent.
actually, it was IB that condescendingly responded to my post and im not one to "nyah,nyah,nyah" as i could give a rats as-s what anyone here thinks as im only concerned about positive cash flow when betting on fights. receiving brownie points on this forum means sh-it when your throwing away tickets as opposed to cashing them

imo, people here with positive vcash have an absolute shi-tload more credibilty than the people here that dont. one very peculiar trait ive also noticed on this forum is that the guys with the biggest mouths are the guys with the least amount of vcash(admittingly ive never made one vcash bet) and youll rarely see me talk down to someone here(or use emoticons or name-calling) unless provoked.

as for who landed the more telling blows that is purely subjective and that opinion is generally used by people who lose on the compubox stats as did vanes last night

imo, neither fighter landed the harder punches. andrade just landed more of them(as evidenced by their faces post fight) and unequivocally controlled the pace and center of the ring

when compubox fight stats comes out im sure youll see vanes being outlanded by twice as many punches in almost every single round
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #846
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 5000
Default Re: Vanes Martirosyan vs. Demetrius Andrade & Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Roman Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
actually, it was IB that condescendingly responded to my post and im not one to "nyah,nyah,nyah" as i could give a rats as-s what anyone here thinks as im only concerned about positive cash flow when betting on fights. receiving brownie points on this forum means sh-it when your throwing away tickets as opposed to cashing them

imo, people here with positive vcash have an absolute shi-tload more credibilty than the people here that dont. one very peculiar trait ive also noticed on this forum is that the guys with the biggest mouths are the guys with the least amount of vcash(admittingly ive never made one vcash bet) and youll rarely see me talk down to someone here unless provoked.

as for who landed the more telling blows that is purely subjective and that opinion is generally used by people who lose on the compubox stats as did vanes last night

imo, neither fighter landed the harder punches. andrade just landed more of them(as eveidenced by their faces post fight) and unequivocally controlled the pace and center of the ring
I have had 20,000 vcash at one point, and then blew it in one weekend. I've watched people blow ten times that amount on one fight. Know what that means in the grand scheme of things? Very very little. Why? Because it's a freaking game, played for fun. Taking v-cash seriously is the rough equivalent of taking a MMORPG game seriously. You can do it, if you want...But there are probably more productive ways of determining a person's worth.

You should start vbetting, though. It is quite a bit of fun, win or lose.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013