boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #136
uranage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Updated list as of 10/5/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
Bernard Hopkins
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley -
tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
Timothy Bradley - tentative (needs a little more to his resume)
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Nonito Donaire (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)

The reason why I've added Dawson is because of his resume plus he was the last person to beat Bernard Hopkins.
uranage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #137
fighter86
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Hamed not in so how will the ghost get in ,he's only won 1 world title.
fighter86 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #138
uranage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Updated list as of 1/22/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley -
tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - tentative (needs a little more to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)
Andre Ward (Excellent resume)
uranage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #139
Ra's Al-Ghul
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 862
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter86 View Post
Hamed not in so how will the ghost get in ,he's only won 1 world title.
In three weight-divisions...

Also could get Roman Gonzalez and Juan Diaz in it (maybe Guillermo Rigondeaux too).
Ra's Al-Ghul is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:31 AM   #140
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 117
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranage View Post
Updated list as of 1/22/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley -
tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - tentative (needs a little more to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)
Andre Ward (Excellent resume)
Jesus Christ, you have Chad Dawson, Pong and Ward being first ballots yet Donaire not?

Donaire is a sure fire 1st ballot hall of famer. More than the people listed above.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:55 AM   #141
uranage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Updated list as of 2/18/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley -
tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - tentative (needs a little more to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)
Andre Ward (Excellent resume)
Mikkel Kessler (Excellent resume)
uranage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #142
cleming
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: France
Posts: 200
vCash: 350
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Robert Guerrero ^^
cleming is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:04 PM   #143
uranage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

No official word on Sergio retiring so he is still active.
uranage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #144
attaboi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranage View Post
Updated list as of 1/22/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley -
tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - tentative (needs a little more to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)
Andre Ward (Excellent resume)
I love how you omitted Vitali a convicted Ped user's name from PED allegation. Besides that, who did he beat? the guys is 0-2 against hall of fame fighters. He Was never really the number 1 fighter in his division and never beat the best fighter in his division. Chris Byrd, and John Ruiz both have superior resume, and better claim to the hall of fame than Vital who was simple a paper titlist.

Last edited by attaboi; 02-18-2015 at 10:54 PM.
attaboi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #145
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phantom zone
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranage View Post
Updated list as of 2/18/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley -
tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - tentative (needs a little more to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)
Andre Ward (Excellent resume)
Mikkel Kessler (Excellent resume)
I don't think Dawson, Cotto or even Kessler will make it. Bradley will make it
general zod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #146
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: section 8
Posts: 12,506
vCash: 75
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
jose luis castillo
Great call.
elchivito is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #147
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: section 8
Posts: 12,506
vCash: 75
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

You all think Loma should be in there or not yet? What he did do was pretty historical and significant. Probably won't see that happen in another 20+ yrs? Or will we see that more often with the wave of Cuban and East Euro Olympic talent?
elchivito is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #148
uranage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Updated list as of 3/5/14

Roy Jones - tentative (PED allegation)
Bernard Hopkins
James Toney - tentative (PED allegation)
Vlad Klitchko
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquaio
Robert Guerrero
Miguel Cotto
Juan Manuel Marquez
Shane Mosley - tentative (PED allegation)
Carl Froch
Timothy Bradley - tentative (needs a little more to his resume)
Erik Morales
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Sergio Martinez (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Nonito Donaire (may get in but not on the first ballot)
Chad Dawson (Excellent resume)
Rafael Marquez (Excellent resume)
uranage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #149
fruitpunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 333
Default Re: Currently active fighters that belong in the HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by attaboi View Post
I love how you omitted Vitali a convicted Ped user's name from PED allegation. Besides that, who did he beat? the guys is 0-2 against hall of fame fighters. He Was never really the number 1 fighter in his division and never beat the best fighter in his division. Chris Byrd, and John Ruiz both have superior resume, and better claim to the hall of fame than Vital who was simple a paper titlist.
Vitali is not on his list nor should he be imo
fruitpunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015