Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #31
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What's Groves going to do when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNCHDRUNK View Post
Compare their respective performances against the ghost of Glencoffe Johnson. Who did better? People are dismissing Groves too easily.
Common opponent triangulations are bollocks.
Or should i use your logic and highlight the fact that Bute gave Johnson a boxing lesson, and had him on the back foot and afraid to engage the whole fight. Froch walked straight through Bute's punches and blew him away in a one sided destruction.
Groves is going to get beat up against Froch.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #32
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Not necessarily. Pacquiao got KO'd early in his career then went on to have a great career. Groves is expected to get KO'd. It's not like Bute who was hyped and expected to win. Many people don't think Groves deserves to fight Froch. He's lucky to have the chance and has nothing to lose. Froch has everything to lose.
Froch deserves credit for that throughout his career as does Kessler.
Consider when the S6 first begun, Froch and Kessler were the only SMWs holding world titles and fighting with it all to lose and nothing to gain. Its why I dont hold much for anyone entering into an opportunity like the S6 except for Froch and Kessler. Abraham, Ward, Dirrell and Taylor were on to a good thing with it all to gain as all of them had done little at the time at SMW. Froch and Kessler had far more to lose.
Anyway...
I have a feeling Groves will prove to be far more difficult than many think. I like Froch and Groves but think Froch may be getting on a bit now (thought that a few years ago) and Groves coming into his prime
bailey is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #33
sid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I think Groves will win this one & i like Froch,just think Groves is all wrong for Froch.
sid is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #34
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Its easy to assume Froch will stove George, but i've got a feeling it won't be quite the one sided beat-down many are envisaging.
I could be very wrong, but i just have a feeling Groves will give alot of problems to Froch, not necessarily to the point where he will win the fight but he could make it way more competetive than people are giving him credit for.

The only thing that sways me the other way is thinking about the Bute fight........he seemed skilled enough to give Carl problems. And look what happened.....
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #35
sid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Groves & Froch had a fight with G Johnson,Groves near stopped Johnson,Froch won a MD.Froch v Groves is no walk in the park for Froch,i think Groves will win this fight.
sid is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Groves & Froch had a fight with G Johnson,Groves near stopped Johnson,Froch won a MD.Froch v Groves is no walk in the park for Froch,i think Groves will win this fight.
I fancy Groves to win this also but I dont think it is safe to make comparisons like that. Just look how Froch had a tough fight with Johnson and then Bute fought Johnson after and won easily, then we know how Froch beat Bute
bailey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum