boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who would you get Wilder as his manager?
Dominick Guinn - Perfect round giving surviver 11 21.57%
Michael Grant - Some power, some name, Klitschko size, still likely to get stopped 2 3.92%
Mitchell/Arreola winner - perfect set up is in place to take the step up to other young contenders 11 21.57%
Bryant Jennings - Find #1 undefeated American prospect, some buzz & trash talking history 4 7.84%
Mariusz Wach, get one in common w WK, young fighter, iron chin w Klitschko size all in one 9 17.65%
Manuel Charr, young, game, not a big puncher, recent challenger, good name, good talker 5 9.80%
Tomasz Adamek, big name & fan base, high ranking, money, exposure, not a HW puncher, shopworn 7 13.73%
Wladimir Klitschko - Sink or swim, you might not get the opportunity again, it's THE title 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #31
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915
Default Re: If you were Deontay Wilder's manager...

Adamek big exposure and a winnable fight
RightCross is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #32
damian38
BigDramaShow
East Side VIP

vCash: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeckBreaknAiken View Post
If you're his management, you want someone a little safer than Chisora. Del Boy may not be very skilled, but he is definitely capable of withstanding some firepower long enough to make it a bad night for Wilder.
that's exactly what i mean, i'd want to see how Wilder reacts when he realises the guy isn't going to fall over from the first right hand, and how he deals with relentless pressure from a guy like Chisora, he's fought enough cab drivers and green grocers in his career, it's either time to step up, or stop kidding himself and hang 'em up
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #33
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
If you're his management, you want someone a little safer than Chisora. Del Boy may not be very skilled, but he is definitely capable of withstanding some firepower long enough to make it a bad night for Wilder.
I disagree.

Wilder needs rounds, and Wilder needs to learn what a tough, no-quit opponent feels like.

If he gets a late-round KO, he learns a lot. If he loses, he learns even more.

As Wilder's manager, I would realize that one loss is not the end of the world, and possibly even exactly what Wilder needs to get his head together.

A loss right now, to a decent fighters, would not affect Wilder's career at all, so why not just jump into the fire? - And of course, this must be what they were thinking early this year when they actually signed a deal with Chisora. - before Wilder's legal problem kept that fight from happening.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #34
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikeLake View Post
I'd like to see him vs. Mitchell/Banks or Arreola. I also like the idea of Adamek.
I don't think Golden Boy is willing to make Wilder/Mitchell just yet but I think Wilder/Arreola or Wilder/Adamek make a lot of sense. Neither opponent would bring a ton of pop to the table and they are both stationary targets...not to mention that the risk/reward is just about right for Golden Boy to make either fight happen.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #35
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
I don't think Golden Boy is willing to make Wilder/Mitchell just yet but I think Wilder/Arreola or Wilder/Adamek make a lot of sense......
Al Haymon has already said publicly that he want Wilder to face the winner of Mitchell-Areola. (In other words, Arreola.) It hasn't been signed, of course, but he seems to be pushing hard for this.

It also looks like Haymon is calling the shots at this point. GBP did such a ****-poor job with Wilder, he might as well have been signed to Universum.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #36
energie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

domonic guinn as a tuneup he has never been stopped so deontay could be the 1st man to do so....then the winner of areolla/mitchell..which will be areolla....,,deontay vs gatekeeper areolla....
energie is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #37
energie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Chisora, because we still don't know what Wilder is made of since he's never gone past 4 rounds, Chisora is a guarantee of at least 8-10 tough rounds
not going to happen chisora has denis boytsov nexy for the vacant euro title
energie is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #38
MrPook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 335

From a promotion point of view Arreola vs Mitchell winner. Big fight in the US. Gives exposure. Step up in competition.

But I would like to see him vs a Klitschko size oponent as well.
MrPook is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #39
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 137

Mitchell/Arreola winner for sure.

Working with Duva and making Adamek or Jennings would be my next picks.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #40
madballster
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think the following opposition in this sequence would make sense for Wilder:

a) Grant
b) Guinn
c) Winner Arreola/Mitchell

Wilder doesn't gain much US publicity-wise from beating guys like Harrison, Chisora or Charr in Europe. He needs to build his US profile, not become more well-known in Europe. The unique selling proposition for Wilder has to be that he can the ticket for the K brothers to a big HBO pay-day.
madballster is online now  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #41
ChicagoBoxLife
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You cannot be fcuking serious. You really think he deserves another title shot against one of the Klits?
no no no, dont put words in my mouth. I never said I personally think he deserves a shot at another title. I don't think he does, he's done IMO.. I read the Polish sites that has way more info than American ones (on polish fighters), I was stating that is what Adamek's plans are
ChicagoBoxLife is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #42
ChicagoBoxLife
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Wait a minute.

#1 - A Wilder fight would be a much bigger draw for Adamek in the US than Pulev.

#2 - Adamek don't hand out boxing lessons. He wins by heart and determination, and by outworking his opponent. He is there to be hit, especially by a guy with a huge height, reach, and speed advantage.

#3 - Survived Vitali? Not only is Vitali not a huge pure puncher, he was stunned, dazed, damn near decapitated in the 2nd Round by a rangefinder jab from Vitali. And Vitali admittedly carried him to round 10 because he wanted to give his advertisers more.
I said he survived Vitali for that exact reason. He was brutally beat and is still breathing right? Get off my *****, I'm not against you on this man. For some odd reason, I know Adamek would claim this is a step down for him. He prefers to fight old journeymen that have a bigger name than Wilder - because lets face it, the average sports fan doesn't know who Wilder is yet. I think Wilder wins this if he lands that right but Adamek would run all night and just try to pop a combo in. It'd be 2 completely different styles - not in a fun way
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #43
ChicagoBoxLife
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
Let me throw some names at you; Michael Grant, Vinnie Maddalone, Kevin McBride, Nagy Aguilera, Eddie Chambers, Travis Walker, Steve Cunningham, Dominic Guinn. These are the guys Adamek have been fighting. A win over Wilder would carry more weight than any of those names. If Adamek feels he could school Wilder, and and wants a shot at Wlad, it would seem taking on Wilder would put him front of the line.
Ya I know that's a ****ty list of fighters right? So what makes you think Adamek would EVER fight Wilder at this point in his career? No way does he...It's sad but Adamek quickly put FAMILY over BOXING after his cruiserweight belt. He went up to Heavy for the money, not for the slugfests. So at this point, does he go in to the ring with a young big black guy with a 100% KO ratio? No.

He wants a shot at Wlad but doesn't deserve it with all these terrible HW's he fights.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #44
ChicagoBoxLife
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Wait a minute.

#1 - A Wilder fight would be a much bigger draw for Adamek in the US than Pulev.

#2 - Adamek don't hand out boxing lessons. He wins by heart and determination, and by outworking his opponent. He is there to be hit, especially by a guy with a huge height, reach, and speed advantage.

#3 - Survived Vitali? Not only is Vitali not a huge pure puncher, he was stunned, dazed, damn near decapitated in the 2nd Round by a rangefinder jab from Vitali. And Vitali admittedly carried him to round 10 because he wanted to give his advertisers more.
I guess I said boxing lesson because I wanted to prove a point in comparing Adamek's experience with all of Wilders opponents so far. None of them are even close to what Adamek has accomplished in boxing. So that's why I threw in the 'boxing lesson' ...but Wilder don't need that, he'd like to end that in 1 punch
Old 08-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #45
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Vlad has mentioned fighting Wilder in the near future. Also good fight for Vitali after he knocks out Stiverne. Wilder is ranked in the top ten without fighting one ranked fighter, not even the top 20-30, who knows? perhaps 50?
Farmboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum