Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #736
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko & Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneshallpass75 View Post
What the hell was his advisor thinking?
Enzo Calzaghe said this wouldnt go well and refused to attend the fight
And unfortunately he was right
3 and a half years and then fight a former champ
Sheer Madness
Yep. Very poorly chosen opponent.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #737
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs. Vyacheslav Senchenko & Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II RBR

Told all the dumb ass brits that Hatton would be KO'd LOL
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #738
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblock View Post
So Hatton lost 70 pounds in 10 months, right?

That's a good 25-30 pounds too many to shed in a healthy manner in that period of time.
That's about what he usually shred between fights when he was in his prime. His yoyo dieting killed his career just as bad as Mayweather and Pacquiao did.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #739
keithface
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

I put 1 on hatton winning in the first 60 seconds (50-1), hoping that was hte only way he'd do it.

5 on hatton being koed, so i win 25.00 didn't hear the interview in pub, the sound was down, but looked sad sad sad. just looking at the crowd through the fight, they knew he was being pasted.
keithface is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #740
Goose
Russian oligarch
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

Hatton is gotta get over his pride/ego and move forward from this.
Defeat is definitely upsetting, but when you have alot of money, beautiful gf, kids all those things and then you are still need a purpose to live there is definitely a problem.
Good luck to Ricky, hope he gets through it.

Nice body shot by Senchenko

Last edited by Goose; 11-24-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Goose is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #741
FistsOfFury
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

There's no question Quigg was star of the show tonight.
FistsOfFury is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #742
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Hatton is gotta get over his pride/ego and move forward from this.
Defeat is definitely upsetting, but when you have alot of money, beautiful gf, kids all those things and then you are still need a purpose to move forward there is definitely a problem.
Good luck to Ricky, hope he gets through it.

Nice body shot by Senchenko
Its hard for sports stars, especially ultra popular ones in that hometown setting to get over not being the center of attention anymore. Its cool seeing your name front page of the sports section every month. Ricky fought inside Manchester like 15 times straight during his career, So to go from being the center of attention to being the guy everybody likes but nobody really talks about anymore when mentioning the current going on in sports is rough. Luckily Ricky doesn't seem to have brain damage(which ultimately did Junior Seau and IMO Arturo Gatti in), though his problems outside the ring during the past three years makes you think.

Depression and brain damage don't mix.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #743
Golden Boy 360
Boxing's Biggest Cash Cow
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

hatton could've gotten up couldn't have he??
Golden Boy 360 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #744
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Boy 360 View Post
It did seem that way. I think he was in shock from the pain of the body shot, and part of him wanted to but he couldn't make himself do it.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #745
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyEarMuffs View Post
This is weird, this morning I was in the car thinking about this fight, and I thought to myself, I would like to see Hatton do well, come back, put on a great fight, and successfully reignite his career. I had a nagging feeling in the back of my head that this was a rather silly notion, the idea that a fighter can take such poor care of himself, ignore the blatant holes in his defense, and ultimately succeed, doesn't usually play out that way. As nice a guy that Hatton is, and let's not BS ourselves, people love Hatton for a reason, he's charming/personable as hell, this kind of stuff doesn't usually work out. Hatton coming back and beating high level fighters this late in his life with this much mileage on him, absolutely needs to end in defeat in order to maintain balance/order in the boxing universe. (I'm serious about this) Had Hatton simply walked over Senchenko, it would have spoken ill of the current pool of fighters at 147. The reality is, Even people with as much experience and mastery of the craft can't hang without hard work and ungodly dedication to the science, and that, is ultimately how it should be.

Slothrop:
Holy crap, that is really uncanny. Really good prediction man.
This is about right.
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #746
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Hatton gassing and getting stopped in the 9th. Calling it now.
Someone give this man a prize
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #747
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Everything about Hatton's career was on display tonight. The love he receives from the fans, his face forward style, and the limitations of his style and hard life outside the ring.

I hope this is a last go. It was fun to watch, but needs to end.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #748
ISPEAKUMTROOTH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Boy 360 View Post
Cracking dig to put him doon,but im pretty sure he could have beaten the count but he was looking pretty sorry for himself by then and seemed to realise just how tough the task had become after so long out.
Bad,bad matchup,but after Paulli owning him previous i suppose they thought it was an easy enough fight butfound out the hard way its all gone.
Although a Hatton fan in his early days i think his last few years pre retirement he showed an arrogance towards the game,especially not treating his body the way it should be inbetween bouts and didnt find it funny how he used to joke about when is was a major issue.He looks way older than he is and thats down to lifestyle.
Instead of everyone massaging his ego and him feeling sorry for himself he wants a good kick up the arse to get his life back on track and this suicide shite he keeps spouting on about should be put to bed.Hes in a great position in the big scheme and gave boxing fans some top nights and took it to a wider audience too.He was never going to be elite with his style,but he was exciting whilst it lasted.
ISPEAKUMTROOTH is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #749
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Someone give this man a prize
I wish I could do the same for the Guerrero fight, but I have no idea what will happen.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #750
drunkboat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Hatton gassing and getting stopped in the 9th. Calling it now.
good call
drunkboat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum