frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0
Default Re: JCC Sr vs Manny Pacquiao At 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP 6 View Post
My thoughts on Chavez - Rosario

I have seen and studied the Rosario fight. Not to win and argument but, because it was a beautiful display of infighting. The best I have ever seen. One of the most dominate wins a challeger has ever had over a champion. In one of the final rounds Rosario couldn't get out off his corner before Chavez was on him. No one said Rosario was greater than Pacquaio but he was better than David Diaz, Ricky Hatton, and everyone that Pacquaio has fought not named Barerra, Morales, Marquez. De La Hoya was a shell. His wins over those three happened before 135 which is where this fight is taking place.

The one I had has Sugar Ray Leonard commentation. He was very impressed especially when Rosario tried to rally and Chavez weaved about 20 punches then coming back with three straight left hook and put Rosario on the ropes.....

So yeah...I watched it.

Yeah...big deal. I watch that and plenty other fights. You are one of the few to pick Pacquaio over Chavez at 135 by KO no less. Did you watch it? Maybe watch it again.
My impressions about the Chavez vs Rosario fight came from no other than from my watching of the fight.
Chavez displaying featherfisted infighting against an overhyped opponent whom did not resemble Pacquiao implies nothing about him fighting against Pacquiao.

And Rosario was not better than Ricky Hatton.
Hatton was only stopped by Pacquiao, and by Floyd after a sustained beating in a fight where Floyd had his referee taking care of his interests.
Even some of Rosario's (on paper) "important wins" were not real wins.
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
sas6789
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: JCC Sr vs Manny Pacquiao At 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP 6 View Post
Thank you for forcing me to do some research.

You give Pacquaio a shot against Duran at 140 because he beat Ricky Hatton there? His lone one. I don't hold that against him and I will give you that it was a great win. Duran's record at 140 was 24-1-18 KOs give or take a fight. That DeJesus fight was a ten round non-title that Duran was starting to come back in on my card. He came back twice and proved who was the better fighter. This 140 output was all during his lightweight reign. We are talking about prime Duran. If you think that Pacquaio could take Duran at 140 you are saying the Pacqauio is a better fighter than the prime Duran.

Now, back to Chavez. I will take Rosario over David Diaz all day. David Diaz is Pacqauio's only fight at 135. I think Chavez at his best destroys David Diaz. He might not make it four rounds. He destroyed Rosario, and he would out punch, out muscle, and out last Pacquaio who has never seen anything like the stredy pressure, defense, and powerful hard combination punching of Chavez. it would be a good fight but, Pacquaio is very limited in his offensive approach. He is fast but so was Taylor at a higher weight and a less that prime Chavez and dispite the controversy, Chevez started pound on this man and put him on his back. If it went 15, Taylor was stopped in 13. A prime Chavez would have dealt with Pacqauio speed and power because he could and has.

As far as Ray Lampkin' rankings (This could be wrong but this guy seems to be as avid a fan of Lampkins as you are of Pacquaio)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I actually dread to think what might have happened to Taylor if that was a 15 round fight.
sas6789 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum