Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 AM   #16
rapidfire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: any news on jennings?

Jennings fought just one year as an amateur, reaching the national golden gloves final, he´s doing great so far.
rapidfire is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #17
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Vlad was thinking about fighting Jennings, but something happened with the USTV aggrement. Vlad has mentioned fighting Wilder, so perhaps he will fight Wilder after he knocks out Povetkin as a voluntary fight. Pulev will be his mandatory. After Vitali knocks Stiverne out he should go ahead and knock Wilder out before he retires, easy knockout for Vitali. How did I know? Sparring Vlad for the Wach fight. Wilder was totally outclassed. Your right hand is not so good if you can't land it, same with your jab. Vlad is superior, so is Vitali. Hell, if Wilder were to land his right hand on Vitali, Vitali would not even blink his eyes. You see, Vitali and Vlad are not winos from the alley............
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #18
rapidfire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Vlad was thinking about fighting Jennings, but something happened with the USTV aggrement. Vlad has mentioned fighting Wilder, so perhaps he will fight Wilder after he knocks out Povetkin as a voluntary fight. Pulev will be his mandatory. After Vitali knocks Stiverne out he should go ahead and knock Wilder out before he retires, easy knockout for Vitali. How did I know? Sparring Vlad for the Wach fight. Wilder was totally outclassed. Your right hand is not so good if you can't land it, same with your jab. Vlad is superior, so is Vitali. Hell, if Wilder were to land his right hand on Vitali, Vitali would not even blink his eyes. You see, Vitali and Vlad are not winos from the alley............
Why bringing up Wilder, when this thread is about Jennings ?

BTW both, Jenning and Wilder had very short amateur careers, nothing comparable with Klitschko, Pulev, Povetkin, etc. That´s why they brought up slowly (at least Wilder, Jennings is fighting great opposition for his very short experience as a boxer)
rapidfire is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #19
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKovalev View Post
I don't think you can compare Bryant Jennings to Gatti and Ward Gatti was a 2 weight world champ don't forget
Jennings will never be world champ, he's not good to watch to me
Believe this

If Jennings were to be in the mix for Potvekins dropped WBA kiddie title, Jennings would blow right thru Pudar, then he'd pick Ortiz and Chagaev apart.

Deal with it.

As for Gatti and Ward.....solid Blevel fighters, much the same as Jennings thusfar. However, due to their being in the lower weight classes, they were able to move up and down in weight and continue to get big fights.

Jennings is far too big to move down to CW, therefore, he's kinda stuck looking at Wlad for a potential title.....no easy task for even a Mayweather or Delhoya type.
chitownfightfan is online now  Top
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #20
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Last thing i heard was him turning down the Pulev fight before Thompson took it with his promoter lying about being offered 25K when it was really 100K.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
Eule
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Last thing i heard was him turning down the Pulev fight before Thompson took it with his promoter lying about being offered 25K when it was really 100K.
that's what i heard too. was a shame if it would be true...
Eule is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum