Brook 9 10.11%
none 16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #31
hityounot
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 0
Default Re: Who has a better chance of beating Floyd Jr...

Lara at 147??? Can he make the weight??? You can make a very strong case of him beating Mayweather at 154 than Pacquiao at 147,,... Those two can make it very difficult for Floyd due to their styles,,... Khan has a slim chance of getting a decision win but I have this feeling that Mayweather's accuracy could put Khan down,,... Also, Algieri at 147??? If I would rank them:

1. Lara at 154
2. Pacquiao at 147
3. Bradley at 147
4. Khan at 147
5. Brook at 147
6. Algieri
hityounot is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #32
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreatmc View Post
I voted Pac.

Pacquiao - Most experienced, elite boxer on this list. His height and reach would be his doom IMO but he'd make it highly competitive with his skills and speed. In 2009, 2010, I think he probably would've won or at least made it extremely competitive. Now, in 2014/2015, I think he loses pretty lopsided. I give Pacquiao the majority of rounds 1-6, but rounds 7-11 would be a clinic for Floyd. But we will never know until they step in the ring. Best match up still. 116-112 Mayweather.

Bradley - Bradley is hyper enough and reckless enough to at least make Floyd uncomfortable at times, but he's ultimately a boxer, and Floyd has mastered BOXING. Bradley doesn't have anything in his arsenal to trouble Floyd except for the way he beat Alexander, but that wouldn't win him rounds vs Floyd. Bradley gets desperate, abandons his game plan from about rounds 4-6, and probably only wins those rounds. He gasses and gets picked apart late. 118-110 Mayweather

Algeri - Algieri's style is enough to trouble Floyd pretty bad actually. He's got the height, reach, and footwork to stay outside and pepper Floyd with jabs, leaving him very little to counter. We'd see Floyd step up his activity, cut the ring off, and lure Algieri into some traps. This would be a very tactical fight with Floyd playing stalker at times but ultimately winning a majority/split decision via snoozer. 115-113 Mayweather/Algieri

Lara - @ 154 he puts up a good fight, he's a stylistic nightmare for Floyd. At 147, he loses. It's Lara-Trout all over again, minus the knock down, except Floyd is Lara. 117-111 Mayweather

Khan - Khan would do better than everyone thought in 2013. It's funny, in 2013, Khan is a cherry pick and doesn't deserve it. In 2014, he's being ducked? Anyway, with Khan's hand speed and range, he'd give Floyd problems and probably win the first 4 or 5 rounds or at least most of them. How does he lose? He eats counters and lead right hands all night. 116-112 or 115-113 Mayweather

Brook - Don't jump on the Brook-hype too quickly. A lot of peopel severly underrated him, but his methodical style plays right into Floyd's hands. 118-110 Mayweather.

Just my opinion. Out of those listed though, Pacquiao has the best shot. Algieri or Lara give him tough fights.
Gotta disagree with you .

No way does Algeiri give Floyd a closer fight than Lara . No way does Floyd wins 9 rnds against Lara either . Erisandy is the heaviest puncher on this whole list and a natural 154 pounder . And with his southpaw stance combined with his slickness, God Bless Floyd if he gets caught and rocked . He will hit the canvas HARD because this time around it wont be a 38 year old faded Sugar Shane that's going to be touchin him .

Mayweather vs Bradley will never be that wide , Floyd aint winning 10 rnds against TB . Timothy style is very versatile which poses a great threat to this current version of Floyd . His movement/hand speed would pose problems. Hes also not going to stand in front of him like the last 10 Mayweather opponents nor is he going to gas after 6,7 rnds .

You see Mayweather fans are thinking if Pacquiao dominated Bradley 2x , then of course Floyd can do it .

Sorry , it doesn't work that way .

Floyd is not a power puncher who fights from a southpaw stance who throws punches from different angles . Nor does he engage the same way as Manny .

2 completely different fighters who do not fight like one another .

I can very well see Bradley outpointing Floyd . No one should be quickly dismissing his chances .

Its all a matter of styles .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #33
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2775

imo lara then brook
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #34
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

in order....

Khan>>> Pac>>> Lara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradley>>Brook> Algeri

I personally don't think any of them have a chance at beating floyd. Pac isn't big enough to beat floyd IMO. I think it would take someone larger than floyd to win. Khan has the size but not enough defense. Lara is too amatuer. Bradley isn't accurate enough. Brook & Algeri aren't experienced enough.

If I had to bet on 1 person beating floyd it would be danny garcia but he would only have literally 1 chance to do it. If he didn't hit floyd with a right hard enough to get floyd out (tko/ko) then he would lose by a decision.
walk with me is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #35
saynotobullying

vCash: 500

I voted Manny Pacquiao since the question specifies the weight "147 lbs.". Lara doesn't belong in the welterweight division, he's too big to drain himself up to the welterweight limit. Algieri belongs to the Junior Welterweight division, the catch-weight fight against Pacquiao is a proof of that.
saynotobullying is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #36
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslb View Post
lol fighting Ndou would be similar to fighting Hearns. Now I have heard it all. I like Mayweather but Hearns would take him out within three rounds tops.
Watch the fight ! similar style and body type...
Big George is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #37
cslb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Watch the fight ! similar style and body type...
N'dou was a 5'10" lightweight, Hearns was a 6'2" welterweight. Hearns had a six inch height and reach advantage over Mayweather. Hearns would be too big, strong and skilled for Mayweather. Hearns won a title at light-heavyweight, Floyd is maxed out at welterweight to be honest. It really isn't fair to compare Mayweather and Hearns at 147.
cslb is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #38
alexthegreatmc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPR View Post
Gotta disagree with you .

No way does Algeiri give Floyd a closer fight than Lara . No way does Floyd wins 9 rnds against Lara either . Erisandy is the heaviest puncher on this whole list and a natural 154 pounder . And with his southpaw stance combined with his slickness, God Bless Floyd if he gets caught and rocked . He will hit the canvas HARD because this time around it wont be a 38 year old faded Sugar Shane that's going to be touchin him .

Mayweather vs Bradley will never be that wide , Floyd aint winning 10 rnds against TB . Timothy style is very versatile which poses a great threat to this current version of Floyd . His movement/hand speed would pose problems. Hes also not going to stand in front of him like the last 10 Mayweather opponents nor is he going to gas after 6,7 rnds .

You see Mayweather fans are thinking if Pacquiao dominated Bradley 2x , then of course Floyd can do it .

Sorry , it doesn't work that way .

Floyd is not a power puncher who fights from a southpaw stance who throws punches from different angles . Nor does he engage the same way as Manny .

2 completely different fighters who do not fight like one another .

I can very well see Bradley outpointing Floyd . No one should be quickly dismissing his chances .

Its all a matter of styles .
Right off the bat I have to clear this up: "You see Mayweather fans are thinking if Pacquiao dominated Bradley 2x , then of course Floyd can do it ."

That actually had nothing to do with my prediction, I think Pac dominated the 1st fight, not the 2nd. But both were clear victories. And I know Floyd and Pac's style is different which is why they get different results. Bradley loses horribly if he tries to outbox Floyd, but he has more success than say, Canelo or Guerrero. Him gassing out has to do with him getting frustrated, abandoning his game plan and trying to go for the KO, just a prediction. I think he wins more points if he smothers Floyd and makes it ugly. I CANNOT see Bradley outpointing Floyd but I can see him making it extremely competitive, DEPENDING on how he fights. I thought he could've outboxed Pac in the rematch, but he decided to go for a KO, got tired, then started show boating or something, so you never know with Bradley.

Algieri I think would be tougher for Floyd because he's an outside fighter, which would leave Floyd with little to counter. I could be wrong though, I've only seen his fight with Provo.

Lara, I said he's a "stylistic nightmare" for Floyd, at JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT. At 147, I think it's a totally different fight. Lara would probably be drained.
alexthegreatmc is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #39
Songhai
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Right off the bat I have to clear this up: "You see Mayweather fans are thinking if Pacquiao dominated Bradley 2x , then of course Floyd can do it ."

That actually had nothing to do with my prediction, I think Pac dominated the 1st fight, not the 2nd. But both were clear victories. And I know Floyd and Pac's style is different which is why they get different results. Bradley loses horribly if he tries to outbox Floyd, but he has more success than say, Canelo or Guerrero. Him gassing out has to do with him getting frustrated, abandoning his game plan and trying to go for the KO, just a prediction. I think he wins more points if he smothers Floyd and makes it ugly. I CANNOT see Bradley outpointing Floyd but I can see him making it extremely competitive, DEPENDING on how he fights. I thought he could've outboxed Pac in the rematch, but he decided to go for a KO, got tired, then started show boating or something, so you never know with Bradley.

Algieri I think would be tougher for Floyd because he's an outside fighter, which would leave Floyd with little to counter. I could be wrong though, I've only seen his fight with Provo.

Lara, I said he's a "stylistic nightmare" for Floyd, at JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT. At 147, I think it's a totally different fight. Lara would probably be drained.
If Lara were a nightmare for Floyd he would have whipped Canelo..with ease.
Songhai is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #40
PEDs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollywooden View Post
Fixed
Quote:
With what? His voice?
PEDs is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #41
alexthegreatmc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songhai View Post
I disagree. Canelo struggles with guys like Trout, Lara, and Mayweather. Mayweather would struggle with Lara for several reasons (assuming it's 154), 1) his reach advantage, 2) his speed and timing, 3) sneaky southpaw, 4) he's naturally stronger.

I'm not saying Lara is faster or has better timing, but combine those assets and it could mean Floyd loses, but who knows?
Old 08-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #42
boxing_master
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I disagree. Canelo struggles with guys like Trout, Lara, and Mayweather. Mayweather would struggle with Lara for several reasons (assuming it's 154), 1) his reach advantage, 2) his speed and timing, 3) sneaky southpaw, 4) he's naturally stronger.

I'm not saying Lara is faster or has better timing, but combine those assets and it could mean Floyd loses, but who knows?
canelo struggles with anyone with good speed he is easy to box.............
boxing_master is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #43
alexthegreatmc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_master View Post
canelo struggles with anyone with good speed he is easy to box.............
Canelo struggles against fighters with good footwork, I wouldn't say he's "easy to box".
Old 08-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #44
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songhai View Post
Canelo has NOTHING AT ALL to brag about with his "victory" over Lara .

He has no bragging rights whatsoever .

He once again showed he has no answer when it comes to Boxers with movement .

Once again He did not get the job done . His body language said it all .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #45
detamour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

where was pacs mysterious skills v the vastly inferior marquez in 4 fights? can anybody explain this!!
detamour is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum