Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #91
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Smith Simpson off bill pulled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
Let's just say Frank's fighters will be seen a lot more come september guys, Wait for the press release, My lips are sealed now guys sorry

It's good news for boxing fans though...

so what are we talking here a new TV deal ?are we talking a change of a channel or his fights going online with the queensbury fight network ?
alba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #92
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by $wifty View Post
Fights on in September, gutted for the postponement but got to deal with these things in boxing i suppose....just got to wait a little bit longer to get in there and show people what I can do. For all the people who think its a bit early then thats up to me to show why it isnt and I cant wait to do so.

September cant come quick enough.

Thanks for all the support.
good to see you acknowleging those who dont think your ready mate,ill be honest and say im in that camp .not that i dont rate you ,just think this fight maybe has come to soon for you as simpson has improved a lot .but looking forward to you proving me wrong!
alba is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #93
$wifty
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
good to see you acknowleging those who dont think your ready mate,ill be honest and say im in that camp .not that i dont rate you ,just think this fight maybe has come to soon for you as simpson has improved a lot .but looking forward to you proving me wrong!
No problem mate, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion AND a lad stepping up after only 10 pro fights to fight someone as seasoned and tough as John Simpson will be seen as a huge step to most BUT i know my ability, i know what i can and will do.

I dont believe im just another fighter and believe i will show that on the night. All the talk is that I havent fought anyone like him - and as a pro i havent yet, fair enough....but the surprise will be that he hasnt fought anyone like me, he will know that come September 4th.

There would have been no point in me fighting in near enough every tournament in the world, having just on 150 amateur fights against Olympic Champions, World Champions, European Champions....to turn pro and build up a 25 - 0 record against journeymen. I said this before I turned and i'll stick by it now. I will step up quickly and I will fight all the best in my weight. Should be excitin along the way, fingers crossed
$wifty is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #94
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
No problem mate, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion AND a lad stepping up after only 10 pro fights to fight someone as seasoned and tough as John Simpson will be seen as a huge step to most BUT i know my ability, i know what i can and will do.

I dont believe im just another fighter and believe i will show that on the night. All the talk is that I havent fought anyone like him - and as a pro i havent yet, fair enough....but the surprise will be that he hasnt fought anyone like me, he will know that come September 4th.

There would have been no point in me fighting in near enough every tournament in the world, having just on 150 amateur fights against Olympic Champions, World Champions, European Champions....to turn pro and build up a 25 - 0 record against journeymen. I said this before I turned and i'll stick by it now. I will step up quickly and I will fight all the best in my weight. Should be excitin along the way, fingers crossed

def mate.

See you september the 4th

Last edited by alba; 06-19-2010 at 08:21 AM.
alba is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #95
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

Stephen i rate you as the number 1 prospect in the country think you can do very big things.....just wish you has 15 fights under your belt at this stage. you say its not worth building a 25-0 record against journeyman, but at the moment you have a 10-0 record against journeyman which is where your at.

Will be supporting you September 4th.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #96
afonso_alves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

spot on!

he's an animal simpson like!

all the best, **** the rest
afonso_alves is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #97
$wifty
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Stephen i rate you as the number 1 prospect in the country think you can do very big things.....just wish you has 15 fights under your belt at this stage. you say its not worth building a 25-0 record against journeyman, but at the moment you have a 10-0 record against journeyman which is where your at.

Will be supporting you September 4th.
Of course but I feel I only needed 10 fights against that level of opposition, no more. I too would love to have had more fights by now and would love to fight every month if I could - im always in the gym etc but it doesnt happen these days. Spoke to Frank on friday and he has big plans for the next 2 years and we will be fighting a lot more regularly so we'll see. I believe in Frank and know he is the best in the business and believe he will come good with what he's said.
$wifty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum