Tyson by Decision 3 4.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #181
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: 1988 Tyson vs 2010 Wlad Klitschko

Wlad has achieved more and is a more dominant champion, but he will never rank above Tyson in my eyes since I see Tyson as being the superior fighter.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #182
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Wlad has achieved more and is a more dominant champion, but he will never rank above Tyson in my eyes since I see Tyson as being the superior fighter.
Well its pretty questionable whether Wlad achieved more than Tyson or not. Tyson is the youngest HW champ ever. He's beaten better guys than Wlad has in my book.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #183
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
Well its pretty questionable whether Wlad achieved more than Tyson or not. Tyson is the youngest HW champ ever. He's beaten better guys than Wlad has in my book.
Tyson definitely achieved more. He was undefeated, undisputed, and unified.
Foremanjab or whoever seems to believe Wlad was the first undisputed champ since Louis.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #184
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
Youngest champ is a good achievement but Patterson was undispusted at a younger age. Wlad has more defences and a better reign imo.

As for fighters beaten, I reckon it's pretty close.

I dont really worry too much about that though, like I said I rank Tyson higher because he's a better fighter imo despite achieving less than Wlad.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #185
Wass1985
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Tyson definitely achieved more. He was undefeated, undisputed, and unified.
Foremanjab or whoever seems to believe Wlad was the first undisputed champ since Louis.
He was?? Isn't a fighters record complete when he stops boxing?? Every fighter is unbeaten at some point.
Wass1985 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #186
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForemanJab View Post
I say 11th round TKO for Wlad
So the Tyson who beat Bruno vs Wlad in 2010, which was his prime.

I felt Tyson looked very beatable vs Bruno. Bruno had Tyson hurt, he just lacked the confidence ( a problem for Burno ) to follow up.

Later Tyson would be destroyed in Tokyo by Buster Douglas.

I think Wlad takes this one if he can get out of the first four rounds and get his jab going. Keep in mind Wlad's jab is amazing, and he hits harder than Buster.

While some fans might boo, Wlad could easily tie Tyson up on the inside if he had a need to.

Wlad via late TKO.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #187
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Its funny because 99 version of Wlad or 2000 whenever you feel his first aggressive
style was best would have beat most if not all of his opponents in his Steward phase.
Can't really blame Wlad for lack of competition, would be nice to see someone give him a run for his money. I figure Stiverne and or Wilder get pummeled, interesting fights though
Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #188
Azzer85
ATG
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
I agree with everything that you and Azzar just wrote. But if we're honest, every fighter has racist fans.
i think every boxer, normally has that fanbase, a large portion of it is normally his own race.

however Klitscko fans and fans of eastern European fighters in general are by far the most racist fans i have come across.

all too often i have encountered "the klits would have beat your black heroes of the 70s" or variations of that comment

although i can be highly critical of the klits sometimes, generally i have always admitted that Wlad is definitely an ATG and deserves credit for turning his career around after 3 losses and due to his dominance and longetivity.

Ive always given props to GGG and Kovalev too but i hate Calzaghe with a passion
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #189
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
i think every boxer, normally has that fanbase, a large portion of it is normally his own race.

however Klitscko fans and fans of eastern European fighters in general are by far the most racist fans i have come across.

all too often i have encountered "the klits would have beat your black heroes of the 70s" or variations of that comment

although i can be highly critical of the klits sometimes, generally i have always admitted that Wlad is definitely an ATG and deserves credit for turning his career around after 3 losses and due to his dominance and longetivity.

Ive always given props to GGG and Kovalev too but i hate Calzaghe with a passion

I don't know. I don't think there are enough posters from those countries on these forums to make a broad statement like that, and I suspect that a lot of the ones who say the Klits can beat the stars of the seventies are likely not very old. I'm sure Wlad and Vitali have racist or biased fans, but so does everybody. Lot's of Italian Americans who like to think Marciano would have laid out Holmes and Ali.. I'm part Italian myself so I can make that observation without offending anyone, even though I don't really believe those things.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #190
Azzer85
ATG
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
I don't know. I don't think there are enough posters from those countries on these forums to make a broad statement like that, and I suspect that a lot of the ones who say the Klits can beat the stars of the seventies are likely not very old. I'm sure Wlad and Vitali have racist or biased fans, but so does everybody. Lot's of Italian Americans who like to think Marciano would have laid out Holmes and Ali.. I'm part Italian myself so I can make that observation without offending anyone, even though I don't really believe those things.
most racist or thinly veiled racist comments that ive come across normally come from fans of eastern european fighters.

ive never encountered racist comments from Dempsey or Marciano fans, or fans of Ali, Tyson, Holmes etc.

its always aimed primarily at african-American fighters whether active or retired.

pay a visit to the general, or look at some youtube comments.

before the Hopkins shumenov fight, there was actuallly a thread made which basically said Hopkins is going to get dstroyed because hes ****ed off an eastern European and you dont **** off an eastern european.

Hopkind ain't no angel, but that thread had lots of thinly veiled racism.

the most despised fighters in the general forum are Mayweather, Ward, Stevenson, Hopkins, Wilder and Broner (although that one is understandable) and by the same token the most overly praised fighters seem to be GGG,.Kovalev and Lomachenko
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #191
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
ive never encountered racist comments from Dempsey or Marciano fans, or fans of Ali, Tyson, Holmes etc.
I have.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #192
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
So the Tyson who beat Bruno vs Wlad in 2010, which was his prime.

I felt Tyson looked very beatable vs Bruno. Bruno had Tyson hurt, he just lacked the confidence ( a problem for Burno ) to follow up.

Later Tyson would be destroyed in Tokyo by Buster Douglas.

I think Wlad takes this one if he can get out of the first four rounds and get his jab going. Keep in mind Wlad's jab is amazing, and he hits harder than Buster.

While some fans might boo, Wlad could easily tie Tyson up on the inside if he had a need to.

Wlad via late TKO.
2010 in his prime he fought David Haye.

You say his jab was 'amazing' but he couldn't get a jab on Haye all night. So why would you claim its amazing when the actual video proves it was anything but.

If Wlad was a great jabber we'd see him moving around pumping out the jab but he doesn't do that. Notice he can't jab and move at the same time.
This is why he employs such excessive bear hugging tactics.

#Wlad the amazing jabber couldn't stop old , slow Mormeck in his tracks with a jab.
Wlad could not use the ring to evade slow as a turtle Peters while ordinary guys like Chambers and Helenius did with ease and without any holding.

Tyson was never beat by any jab and would certainly have zero trouble with Wlads extended pawing arm.

Douglas said the gameplan was use side to side movement and catch him coming in with an uppercut. His jab , which was a 100 times better than Wlads could not of made an effect without that strategy.
Wlad doesn't have the variables , chin, versatility , range of punches and combinations to prevent himself taking a knockout loss.

Also take note , it was around that time(wlads prime) when he ducked Chisora twice at the advice of his manager.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #193
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post

You say his jab was 'amazing' but he couldn't get a jab on Haye all night. So why would you claim its amazing when the actual video proves it was anything but.
Wlad's poor performance in that fight had just as much to do with Haye's refusal to engage as it did anything else.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #194
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post

If Wlad was a great jabber we'd see him moving around pumping out the jab but he doesn't do that. Notice he can't jab and move at the same time.
This is why he employs such excessive bear hugging tactics.

#Wlad the amazing jabber couldn't stop old , slow Mormeck in his tracks with a jab.
Wlad could not use the ring to evade slow as a turtle Peters while ordinary guys like Chambers and Helenius did with ease and without any holding.

Tyson was never beat by any jab and would certainly have zero trouble with Wlads extended pawing arm.

Douglas said the gameplan was use side to side movement and catch him coming in with an uppercut. His jab , which was a 100 times better than Wlads could not of made an effect without that strategy.
Wlad doesn't have the variables , chin, versatility , range of punches and combinations to prevent himself taking a knockout loss.

Also take note , it was around that time(wlads prime) when he ducked Chisora twice at the advice of his manager.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #195
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
dinovelvet says: 2010 in his prime he fought David Haye.

Yes, Wlad was in his prime in 2010. You picked Haye to win. Anyone fluent in the history of boxing knows Wlad's jab is one of the best ever. You could say the same for his right cross. No more time will I waste on you in this thread.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum