Old 09-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #17
dsr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 238
Default Re: Arum:"Showtime & HBO wants Pacquiao vs Mayweather"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Then stay an idiot yourself till some official confirms it for retards like you.
it's one thing to call someone (a promoter who is in talks with the networks) a liar and another to ask for some confirmations for a specific statement

****ing idiot
dsr is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #18
aepps22

vCash: 500

I guess the stadium is finally built. I'm glad that Bob the Builder received the permits to build the stadium. The stadium has been the greatest construction project since the Hoover Dam.
aepps22 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #19
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr View Post
it's one thing to call someone (a promoter who is in talks with the networks) a liar and another to ask for some confirmations for a specific statement

****ing idiot
I did call him a liar because he made similar statements countless times before which were all proven to be lies. Didn't he also recently claim to have "secret" talks which were quickly dismissed as lies?.

Dumbass worthless piece of shit.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2014, 09:10 AM   #20
WelshWizard
Slap King
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
3 Sept, 2014

Bob Arum: Showtime and HBO want truce for Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather $250 million megafight.

"It has to happen by the first six months of next year. And if it happens, there should be a provision with a different percentage for the rematch. So that the winner is rewarded for winning the fight. I would love to see these guys fight twice next year."

"Both networks want this fight to happen. All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year," Arum told the San Francisco Chronicle.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
We been around this block over and over again and it's to the point that it's getting sickening. Arum is nothing but a snake and he will do everything his powers to try to sell the upcoming pacquiao and best way to do it is attach Mayweather name to the promotion. It appears year after year that the fight is going to happen and how long has been already lol.
WelshWizard is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #21
LoRd_inFamousX1
Lord of the Square Rings
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Again, he's talking crap to sell Pacquiao's next fight. As soon as Pacquiao vs Algieri is done, regardless of result, watch for him to completely ignore this topic and the dumb people that believed him. Did Arum EVER talk this seriously about Mayweather vs Pacquiao when BOTH Pacquiao and Mayweather weren't scheduled to fight someone?.
LoRd_inFamousX1 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #22
alexthegreatmc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm sure both networks want it. With so many hands in the cookie jar, there might not be enough cookies to go around though. Floyd wants a cut, Arum wants a cut, HBO wants a cut, Showtime wants a cut. HBO will probably be cut out since Floyd is under contract with Showtime. Pacquiao can't sign to TMT because he's signed to Top Rank. It'd have to be a co-promotion on Showtime, no other way. And either TMT or Top Rank will have to take the smaller cut, THIS is where the problem will lie, IMO.
alexthegreatmc is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #23
punji_boxing

Just let the fight happen for goodness sake.

I been waiting for this fight to happen when both Floyd and Pacquiao were more in their primes a couple years back.

It was what kept me "tuned into" boxing during my school years.

I would go to the computer lab on my off time and just watch their fights and highlights for hours on end... in between studying of course

But as the weeks, months and years crept by me... I started to realize both camps always came up with something last minute to prevent this potentially epic fight from happening.

So I went from first frustrated to annoyed to now just indifferent.

It would have been so cool to watch the slick counter style of Floyd vs the prime aggressive volume punching style of Pacquiao... IN THEIR PRIME YEARS.

Now I think it is a bit past their due date.

However it would still be in interesting clash of styles IF it ever happens in the next decade or so..

I would still take my time to see the fight if they are in their 40's-50's lol!!
punji_boxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum