Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #76
Tekniqs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: H2H who is better, Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao or Juan Manuel Marquez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
thing is....1-2-1 is legit, fights were close, could have gone either way.

bradley-pac ain't even close.
I believe Bradley won as well....but I also believe JMM beat Pac 1pt in 2nd fight, comfortably in the 3rd and spectacularly in the 4th.

you want to have you cake and eat it too...
Tekniqs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #77
boxingbuddy34

Default Re: H2H who is better, Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao or Juan Manuel Marquez?

I think Pacquiao, but only by a slim margin. Reasons:
-Pacquiao floored JMM 5 times over 4 fights versus twice from JMM
-First 3 fights were razor close with the first and third fights toss-ups and the second fight Pac had the edge from the KD yet Pac got the nod on the two close fights (can't argue with that therefore Pacquiao 2-1-1 after the KO from the 4th fight) the KO does not erase 36 rounds of absolute war whereby Manny edged JMM in 24 of those. Record stands
-Pac was punishing JMM in the 4th fight badly in round 5 and continuing it in the 6th (JMM wouldn't have went the distance I think everybody knows that)
another thing I'm certain most people know and accept is that JMM only took Pac out because of a lucky punch. Even JMM knows it thought he'd never admit it (that's why he'll never rematch Pac cause lightning never strikes twice in the same place)
-Lastly, because despite JMM's obvious advantage of intelligence within the ring, it still took him 4 tries to finally legitimitely beat Pacquiao and even then because lady luck was on his shoulder that night. His physicality is very close to that of Pacquiao, power, speed, accuracy, his toughness is better, and his ring IQ is much higher so with all such advantages why did he still lose 2 of the 4 fights I ask??? Answer: Heart, Pac worked harder, more determined I honestly believe that if there were a fith fight and JMM won even by a close decision that he would be the greater of the two. What it boils down to is JMM got lucky with that punch plain and simple don't believe all the garbage JMM and Nacho spit about "Oh we practiced that punch blah blah" of course they're going to say that to save face. On a side note, I don't believe JMM juiced that night, he's always been a work horse when it came to training and always looks like a beast. I just believe Pac is a little bit better in the perverbial "who's-better-than-who" list...
boxingbuddy34 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #78
Tekniqs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

here's the thing tho...it took JMM 4 fights to get a "legit" win...in 4 fights Pac hasn't had one....
Tekniqs is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #79
MVC!
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekniqs View Post
here's the thing tho...it took JMM 4 fights to get a "legit" win...in 4 fights Pac hasn't had one....
MVC! is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum