Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #511
boxingbites
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather/Mosley RbR - Who's staying up?!

Too one sided for my liking. Very frustrating to see Mosley do so poorly after that 2nd round. It should have spured him on. Floyd stuck to his gameplan though and deserves full credit.
boxingbites is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #512
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Credit to Floyd on a great performance but after the excitement of the second round it just got boring. Far too one sided.

Could not believe they didn't show Mosley's post fight interview!!!!!
Guy is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 05:55 AM   #513
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Majestic performance from Floyd, and cutting off the interview was a very sick thing to do by Sky.
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #514
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I had Pacman as my fav in a matchup between the two.

After the last 2 fights I only see Flloyd winning it.

Not sure why loads had Mosely to win this, he always had a decent punchers chance but not more. Depsite what people said he was never going to match Mayweather for speed.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #515
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumbo View Post
mosley has been gun shy all night....most frustrating.is he wont throw any punches!!

Mayweather hasnt been there to hit, no point loading up with big shots if you'll just receive big counters.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #516
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Gosh, I feel sad.

Great performance from Floyd. He was aggressive and showed guts to take such a brutal pair of shots in the second.

Shane needs to retire. Even when he had Floyd hurt, he smothered his work, didn't throw combinations and seemed tentative. Throughout it felt like he couldn't pull the trigger.

It wasn't a very exciting fight, but Floyd showed that he was willing to trade more. Hopefully this gives him confidence to take on more genuine 147lb-ers.

I gave up on the Sky broadcast after the third round. It was so irritating and if I heard Jim Watt say - 'it's just his speed. this is a masterclass' one more time, I'd have lobbed my laptop against the wall.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #517
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

mosely hurt him , and then did not go in for the kill , looked like he did not want to punch himself out
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #518
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

As I said before and previous fights, it's a complete myth that Floyd is some paper-weight that spend the whole fight backing up and all you have to is be active to have him in trouble.

Shane was reduced to standing and doing little jumps on the spot cause he was afraid to actually throw anything.

Well done PBF, another masterful performance. Maybe, just maybe, people might actually realise what type of fighter he is. Merchant and McCrory are two complete retards, acting as this is the first time Mayweather has boxed in the pocket for long periods.

Pacquiao - Mayweather has to happen. Will be interesting if Pacquiao's output dries up completely as well as the fight goes on.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #519
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Crashes for every big fight mate. Apparently there was 1000 users on the general when someone managed to get through before

PPV/Internet King
Quality thread you started on the GF with the pictures......

Did Beeston get one going...

I went to bed and got up at 0430 bang on the introductions...With the exception of getting tagged in the second, that was one of PBF's easiest fights...

PBF dont get hit very often but he proved last night that he can take a dig on the whiskers...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 06:30 AM   #520
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaboilc lion View Post
mosely hurt him , and then did not go in for the kill , looked like he did not want to punch himself out

Flloyd held on for about 20 secs with the ref not stopping in. Add to the fact Flloyd covers up as well as anyone in boxing history.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #521
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Merchant and McCrory are two complete retards, acting as this is the first time Mayweather has boxed in the pocket for long periods.
Nah, Merchant said that Floyd can do everything and counter-acted the image that he doesn't like to engage. He gave him plenty of credit, so don't whinge. He even challenged Shane's explanation that he was 'tight'.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #522
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He smothered his own work rather than stepping back and delivering straight shots. Can't blame Floyd for holding - Shane had him on wobbly legs. He still looked shaky when he got back to the corner.

It also gave him the wrong impression that he just had to catch Floyd clean to knock him out. He stopped boxing and let Floyd come on in.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #523
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Nah, Merchant said that Floyd can do everything and counter-acted the image that he doesn't like to engage. He gave him plenty of credit, so don't whinge. He even challenged Shane's explanation that he was 'tight'.
That's my point though, that image is lot of nonsense, and if Merchant was looking at his previous fights objectively he would have seen that.

Last night's fight was no different to the Marquez fight. Floyd spends the first couple getting warmed up, puts on masterclass between round 4-10, and then drops the intensity in the final two when he's knocked the ambition out of his opponent. He spends as much time on the front foot during rounds 4-10 than the back.

McCrory was by far the worst though. He really is a disgraceful pundit.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #524
ShaneTheSherrif
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 84

Disappointing the way it panned out after the start. I leapt up out of bed onto my feet when Shane landed that first punch in the second! It was a Floyd masterclass after that, Mosley was helpless.
ShaneTheSherrif is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum