Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
TheAmazing
ESB Heavyweight Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Why Dana White Saving Boxing Is Good

Dana White along with the Fertita's saved the UFC which was on its way under. Boxing right now isn't in it's glory years like it was. I have no clue why people are hating on Dana, but he's smart. Plus he can make fights happen and he can find great Boxers and showlight them the correct way. So, just give Dana a chance before you bash him.
TheAmazing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
jas
★ Lucas - True Warrior ★
East Side Guru

vCash: 0
Default Re: Why Dana White Saving Boxing Is Good

all the main fighters are with golden boy or top rank. they have strong ties with showtime and hbo.

what you think dana white is gonna do? sign canelo, pacquaio etc etc and put on some fights?
jas is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
tennis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dana White owns every fighter in the UFC and STILL can't make the fights

How the hell will he make golden boy (good guys) boxers fights toprank (arum steals all the money) boxers

Dana White is full of shit and always has been
tennis is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
TheAmazing
ESB Heavyweight Champion
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gilfoid View Post
UFC was 525 million in debt 2 years ago and that was when they still had PPV draws, who knows how much debt they have now.

Terrible ratings

Trashy product

Does terrible PPV buys

Boxing is doing great right now
Sorry I respect Boxing, but it's not great by any means.
TheAmazing is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Of course Dana White would love to save/take over boxing. Instead of Mayweather getting 30 million. Dana White would get 29.5 and Floyd would get 500k and lose the right to make money off his own image.

Why stop there: Let's make Dana White rurler of the Free World. Talk about an out of the frying pan into the fire scenario.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #6
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
UFC was 525 million in debt 2 years ago and that was when they still had PPV draws, who knows how much debt they have now.

Terrible ratings

Trashy product

Does terrible PPV buys

Boxing is doing great right now
Boxing is not doing great right now unless you're OK with the mismatches and the continual drone of the best not fighting the best. You can go down the list in EVERY division and see the top 1 and 2 guys aren't fighting one another, and possibly will never fight one another due to the promotional split. I don't care how solid a card GBP puts on, that still SUCKS when it comes to seeing the best fight the best.

By comparison, let's take the UFC. You can pretty much take the top and 1 and 2 of each division and be guaranteed they're going to meet in the short to intermediate future.

Boxing is not "great", it's just that we as fans have become so accustomed to lowering our expectations on what is considered a "good fight" now.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazing View Post
Sorry I respect Boxing, but it's not great by any means.
Not great how? It could be better? Yes.. there's many things that suck. Does it need saving, especially from the likes of Dana? No..
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Boxing has been putting on great fights all the time, so what if Manny and Floyd aren't fighting? everyone else is.
That's horseshit and you know it.

The #1 guy in the Heavyweight division is going to fight a guy not ranked in the top 10.

At light heavy, Adonis Stevenson is making excuses not to fight Kovalev.

At middleweight, the fact Martinez and Golovkin haven't fought yet and probably won't is disgraceful.

At JMW, Canelo should be fighting Lara, but instead is fighting the guy who lost to Lara.

WW needs no mentioning

The lower weight classes are a mess, too, because of the promotional split.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
4T9
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Everyone knows that if you knock a couple of opponents out in a row you should be gifted the lineal belt and anyone who doesn't fight you is clearly ducking

To answer TC's question: I don't think it can possibly do anything BUT good. It won't usher in a new golden era or anything but you have to be a fool to think it'll hurt the sport.
4T9 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

Actually I think it would be good for the lower tier if Dana created a UBC. Independents just starting out make dudu in boxing. Ask Sergio Martinez how much he made for Margarito---$500! At least guys that make it could actually help support themselves and their families at $80K/yr. It's really a joke what Floyd and Manny make.

The problem is if Dana's company takes off, then it's Dana controlling everything.
markq is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #11
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Lower tier UFC fighters make absolutely nothing, it all goes to paying their gym fees and taxes, they also only get to fight 3 times a year. Hughie Fury must have fought like 12 times this year.
Then I have the wrong info. I was under the impression anybody makes it in the UFC makes enough to live on like a normal job. I don't hear UFC fighters complaining too much until they get to become stars.
markq is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2014, 12:00 AM   #12
eltirado
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dana White makes boxing promoters seem generous...the POS is inspiring new promoters to underpay boxers more than they already do

I measure promoters by the purses of their fighters...not by the promoters wealth

I hope Mayweather gets richer...retires and starts paying boxers in a generous manner, he spends big $ on everything, so he might as well spend it on boxers...write it off as losses if it doesn't pay off...wipe out stingy promoters in the process

THhats the best way he can prove he is better than Arum...cause GBP showed us he can be as good as Arum...nothing more
eltirado is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #13
The Mighty One
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The Zuffa people are smart....they could concentrate on the world's heavyweights and with their publicity machine vault the division over the top of Top Rank and Golden Boy's smaller-fighters-are-better mentality. The big guys would re-take the interest of the world again and the old adage of as the heavyweights go so goes boxing would return.
However they could not implement the same pay scale that is used in MMA....THAT won't work.
The Mighty One is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #14
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 118

ROFL.... The UFC has been dreadful lately.... It's not boxing that needs saving thats for sure, big fan of both and I think the UFC is in big trouble.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum