Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
DigitalDopeman
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: watched canelo vs mayweather for the second time and floyd is damn amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
the fight between Floyd and pac should have happened 4 years ago, but even if Floyd fights and beats pac now, its worth a whole lot more than not fighting him at all

saying "right now, it doesn't matter who Floyd fights to me" is ignoring that golden carrot that ticks a box both fighters need

im not saying it doesnt matter to me who floyd fights, because i dont want to see him fight no easy fights...i was saying that , to me, it doesnt matter who he fights, people will still find something wrong with the opponent when he wins. the pac fight needs to happen NOW. these other guys are good, but i dont see them hanging with floyd other than a lucky punch.
DigitalDopeman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444
Default Re: watched canelo vs mayweather for the second time and floyd is damn amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Duran_ View Post
Masterful performance by floyd. Even when his reflexes and footwork is not what they used to be, he made canelo pay for his mistakes. What a phenom, i just hope he fights pac to solidify his already atg career
Beating a guy that lost to trout and had trouble with Matthew hatton is not that impressive if we're being honest

Let's see him to that to Thurman Oh wait he won't fight him lol
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDopeman View Post
im not saying it doesnt matter to me who floyd fights, because i dont want to see him fight no easy fights...i was saying that , to me, it doesnt matter who he fights, people will still find something wrong with the opponent when he wins. the pac fight needs to happen NOW. these other guys are good, but i dont see them hanging with floyd other than a lucky punch.
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #34
tennis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Canelo was tailor made for fraud

He never had a chance
tennis is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #35
lefthandlead
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Duran_ View Post
stop hating floyd 45 and 0 baby
44-1Castillo...

Joe Calzaghe 46-0. DEAL WITH IT
lefthandlead is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #36
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

I like this video. It feels like you're there. You can really feel like you can see what both fighters are thinking in there

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
progamer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mughalmirza786 View Post
Canelo was made to look ordinary by a far superior boxer. From a skills standpoint canelo had nothing to best floyd with.
the 154 canelo is nothing special.

imagine the 152.
progamer is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
Real-G
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor879 View Post
Clottey was coming off a loss.
Margarito was coming off a loss, and a suspension, and had never won anything over 147 pounds. (If you want to count his win over a journeyman fighter as an indication Margarito was still on top, whatever.)

Both Clottey and Margarito would lose to Canelo at 154 pounds, and it wouldn't even be close. Making the comparison as you did is a joke.
Agreed - Margarito was absolutely horrible above 147 and Mosley showed why.. Margartio at 154 loses his size and strength advantage above 147. At 154 his come forward punching style would only make him a punching bag, and he is least likely to wear bigger and stronger fighter down with his pressure style because of his lack of foot and hand speed.

Clotty would only cover up at 154 and lose by points
Real-G is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #39
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer View Post
the 154 canelo is nothing special.

imagine the 152.
2lbs doesn't mean anything in this matchup. Canelo is a boxer puncher not a pressure fighter. This fight was a boxing exhibition from both fighter's. Floyd just had too much variety and tools in the bag for the young champ. Looking at the video above clearly shows how skilled canelo is.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #40
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer View Post
and pac fighting in his 7th and 8th.

ill be impress with floyd if he tries on his 6th and dominate.

then again he just asked for c/w in his 5th, so.

call me unimpressed.
Actually it's 9th and 10th because PAC skipped 115 and 118.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #41
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mughalmirza786 View Post
2lbs doesn't mean anything in this matchup. Canelo is a boxer puncher not a pressure fighter. This fight was a boxing exhibition from both fighter's. Floyd just had too much variety and tools in the bag for the young champ. Looking at the video above clearly shows how skilled canelo is.
Wait I thought when PAC fought Cotto, Cotto was very drained and not at his best because of the 2lbs he lost. In fact it was so bad that Cotto was still undefeated .
prelude is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #42
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Wait I thought when PAC fought Cotto, Cotto was very drained and not at his best because of the 2lbs he lost. In fact it was so bad that Cotto was still undefeated .
People are foolish to think 1 or 2 lbs is going to make a huge difference especially given the large amount of time a fighter has to prepare for a championship fight.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum