avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matvei Korobov turns pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawslick
Brilliant
I'd change his last name as well. Mateo Cordoba.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #32
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent retard
This thread delivers!
I've just realized that these name-change discussions fill a large chunk of the threads in the Euro forum! I love it .
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #33
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Would you consider that Ismail Sillakh(sp) guy to be Ukranian? His father is from Sierra Leon. He is about as Ukranian as Herbie Hide is English.
Sillahk? I had the pleasure to watch his last outing to a ring live in Germany's capital Berlin. Sillakh fought on the undercard of Vitaly vs Sam Peter.
Ukranian? Tough question.
I dont know. Malik Dziarra is a German based Belarussian whose father stems from Africa as well. Is Malik Dziarra Belarussian??
Really tough question! He grew up in Belarus,he speaks Russian(+Belarussian?),speaks German with a Russian accent,got his education there,and so on.
Is he Belarussian? Honestly,I dont know. He is probably more Belarussian than African.Thats for sure!
Most Belarussians probably dont consider him to be Belarussian,violent retard!
You must understand that Belarus and to a lesser extent Ukraine are still closed societies.It is beyond the understanding of an odinary person there to think like most westerns do.
Look,ask someone from China whether he considers a mulatto of chinese and african blood to be chinese or not!
He may speak Chinese fluently,have chinese blood in his body,and he is as much chinese inside his brain as any other chinese.Nevertheless,you probably know the answer of your own question. The situation is a little bit similar both in Belarus and Ukraine.
There are a lot of people of mixed blood in the countries of the former soviet union,but black blood is a different matter.
By the way you should read a little bit about Pushkin!
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #34
southpawslick
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47
I'd change his last name as well. Mateo Cordoba.
He'd be the next ODLH with that name!
southpawslick is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2008, 01:53 AM   #35
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Sillahk? I had the pleasure to watch his last outing to a ring live in Germany's capital Berlin. Sillakh fought on the undercard of Vitaly vs Sam Peter.
Ukranian? Tough question.
I dont know. Malik Dziarra is a German based Belarussian whose father stems from Africa as well. Is Malik Dziarra Belarussian??
Really tough question! He grew up in Belarus,he speaks Russian(+Belarussian?),speaks German with a Russian accent,got his education there,and so on.
Is he Belarussian? Honestly,I dont know. He is probably more Belarussian than African.Thats for sure!
Most Belarussians probably dont consider him to be Belarussian,violent retard!
You must understand that Belarus and to a lesser extent Ukraine are still closed societies.It is beyond the understanding of an odinary person there to think like most westerns do.
Look,ask someone from China whether he considers a mulatto of chinese and african blood to be chinese or not!
He may speak Chinese fluently,have chinese blood in his body,and he is as much chinese inside his brain as any other chinese.Nevertheless,you probably know the answer of your own question. The situation is a little bit similar both in Belarus and Ukraine.
There are a lot of people of mixed blood in the countries of the former soviet union,but black blood is a different matter.
By the way you should read a little bit about Pushkin!
It's always like that with half-bloods, and they pretty much always chose a half to stick to. It's very rare for someone to have double identity.

My personal view: if Silakh, given his ancestry and upbringing considers himself Ukrainian, then he is Ukrainian. I mean, Africa is hardly the guys home. It's like that song 's chego nachinayetsya rodina...", (where does your motherland start), and it basically describes the songs your mother sang you, the pictures in your childrens books, the local road etc. It has a good point in my view. Silakh represented his country on the highest level in sport and continues to do so today. He is Ukrainian. Just like Pushkin is a Russian author. I can hardly be racist against the greatest poet of the Russian language and someone who himself has influenced the culture of the country.

Say a pure-blood (if that exists) Russian immigrant child is born in another country, and raised there in completely that country's culture. Speaks their language even at home, gets no Russian culture at all, mingles only with natives of that country. It would be idiotic to claim that guy as Russian, even though his 'blood' is Russian. It's not like you have a genetic predisposition to be Russian. When they talk about blood of a certain nationality, it's really just the cultural+linguistic+world view+psychological ties to your parents. If your parents don't pass that on at all, than it's a non-existant point. On the other hand, I recently worked with a fourth generation descendant of Russian immigrants to France, from the pre-revolution aristocracy. He considers himself Russian even though he was born in France and so was his dad. But they didn't mix, he is culturally, linguistically etc. more Russian than 99% of the population in the country. He speaks the language the way it should be spoken, not the degeneracy that is developing in Russia right now. What nationality is he?

That said, people in Eastern Europe are racist. Many would claim Silakh as their own when he's winning and regard him as foreign in a pretty racist way if he stops.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #36
southpawslick
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I can simplify this matter. Slavs are not Black! With the possible exception of Ghetto whopper/Kenmore
southpawslick is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #37
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I can simplify this matter. Slavs are not Black! With the possible exception of Ghetto whopper/Kenmore Sillahk may be a citizen of Ukraine who holds the requsite passport but he is not Ukrainian.

I believe Sillahk is currently based out of the U.S? If the situation concerned being American as opposed to Ukrainian then I would say Yes; Sillahk would be considered American. Americans can be a hodge-podge of ethnic extremes, not unlike your prior example of being a "Soviet" citizen. However specific ethnicities, many carved from larger population(s) {Ukrainians from Eastern Slavic Tribes} have deep rooted cultural and even biological/physiologic structure that precludes a large influx of Sub Saharan bloodline(s).

On a lighter note; Why is Sillahk bothering with boxing? He seems to be perfectly qualified for a far more lucrative and powerfull position.

Let's note his qualifications.

* Has an African father

*Born on foreign soil

*No authentic birth certificate

*No executive experience

*Limited knowledge of American history

YOU GUESSED IT!

PRESIDENT SILLAHK
Where did you get that info from? I always thought he was born in and raised in Ukraine.

No, Slav's are not black, but who says he's a slav. A slav is not the same thing as a Ukrainian. And he is half slavic..
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 AM   #38
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Where did you get that info from? I always thought he was born in and raised in Ukraine.

No, Slav's are not black, but who says he's a slav. A slav is not the same thing as a Ukrainian. And he is half slavic..
In this time everythink can be happen, they have also black jewish and one day we can have also one black sllav.....
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #39
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
In this time everythink can be happen, they have also black jewish and one day we can have also one black sllav.....
No, you can't get a black Slav! Slavs are an ethnic group with certain phsycial characteristics that are pretty easy to observe. Black skin is not one of them. It is not a nationality.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #40
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No, you can't get a black Slav! Slavs are an ethnic group with certain phsycial characteristics that are pretty easy to observe. Black skin is not one of them. It is not a nationality.

Being very white seems to be one of the characteristics of most Slavs I meet.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #41
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
You know the difference between a religion and an ethnicity?
NBT is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #42
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
You know the difference between a religion and an ethnicity?
Well, you do get Albino black guys .
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #43
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I can simplify this matter. Slavs are not Black! With the possible exception of Ghetto whopper/Kenmore Sillahk may be a citizen of Ukraine who holds the requsite passport but he is not Ukrainian.

I believe Sillahk is currently based out of the U.S? If the situation concerned being American as opposed to Ukrainian then I would say Yes; Sillahk would be considered American. Americans can be a hodge-podge of ethnic extremes, not unlike your prior example of being a "Soviet" citizen. However specific ethnicities, many carved from larger population(s) {Ukrainians from Eastern Slavic Tribes} have deep rooted cultural and even biological/physiologic structure that precludes a large influx of Sub Saharan bloodline(s).

On a lighter note; Why is Sillahk bothering with boxing? He seems to be perfectly qualified for a far more lucrative and powerfull position.

Let's note his qualifications.

* Has an African father

*Born on foreign soil

*No authentic birth certificate

*No executive experience

*Limited knowledge of American history

YOU GUESSED IT!

PRESIDENT SILLAHK

Sillakh for president. Well,I certainly prefer watching him do his job inside the ring. He is a classy fighter who will go very far in the paid ranks whether he calls himself a black, a Ukranian,or a Martian.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #44
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It's always like that with half-bloods, and they pretty much always chose a half to stick to. It's very rare for someone to have double identity.

My personal view: if Silakh, given his ancestry and upbringing considers himself Ukrainian, then he is Ukrainian. I mean, Africa is hardly the guys home. It's like that song 's chego nachinayetsya rodina...", (where does your motherland start), and it basically describes the songs your mother sang you, the pictures in your childrens books, the local road etc. It has a good point in my view. Silakh represented his country on the highest level in sport and continues to do so today. He is Ukrainian. Just like Pushkin is a Russian author. I can hardly be racist against the greatest poet of the Russian language and someone who himself has influenced the culture of the country.

Say a pure-blood (if that exists) Russian immigrant child is born in another country, and raised there in completely that country's culture. Speaks their language even at home, gets no Russian culture at all, mingles only with natives of that country. It would be idiotic to claim that guy as Russian, even though his 'blood' is Russian. It's not like you have a genetic predisposition to be Russian. When they talk about blood of a certain nationality, it's really just the cultural+linguistic+world view+psychological ties to your parents. If your parents don't pass that on at all, than it's a non-existant point. On the other hand, I recently worked with a fourth generation descendant of Russian immigrants to France, from the pre-revolution aristocracy. He considers himself Russian even though he was born in France and so was his dad. But they didn't mix, he is culturally, linguistically etc. more Russian than 99% of the population in the country. He speaks the language the way it should be spoken, not the degeneracy that is developing in Russia right now. What nationality is he?

That said, people in Eastern Europe are racist. Many would claim Silakh as their own when he's winning and regard him as foreign in a pretty racist way if he stops.
People are racist everywhere,avk! Wherever you live you will encounter a certain form of rascism in case you are an half-blood.
At least there are no race riots with hundreds of killed persons every year in most parts of the world as can be seen in in the ****stani city of Karachi.Members of all the different ethnic groups kill each other there because of their skin colour.

Whoever Sillahk is, he for sure is a classy fighter with a great potential to go very far in the paid ranks.

Difficult to imagine a black half-blood to sing this song though.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Odo is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #45
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anyone seen his second fight? Can't find it on YouTube...
znaak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum