Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 1000
Default Going to start out

well ive just turned 17 and im going to start boxing

just wanted advice and tips about being a beginner

how long do you wait for your first fight

what do you actually do a few hours before the fight etc

thanks
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

Don't worry about that, your coach will guide on those things.

Just get in the gym and start training hard.

The best thing I can tell is don't expect ANYTHING to come quick. You won't be the best you can be for a LONG time.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
KTFO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Going to start out

Quote:
well ive just turned 17 and im going to start boxing

just wanted advice and tips about being a beginner

how long do you wait for your first fight

what do you actually do a few hours before the fight etc

thanks



You asking such a question and already posted 681 times? I smell fish.....
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Don't worry about that, your coach will guide on those things.

Just get in the gym and start training hard.

The best thing I can tell is don't expect ANYTHING to come quick. You won't be the best you can be for a LONG time.
ive been thinking it for months but decided today to start

im still not sure if i should quit my job , (im only a teenager it cant do that much harm) and do it full time

i cant wait though ive seen thousands of fights and i have better knowledge than most 17 year olds so i dont know i cant be good
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
KTFO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Going to start out

You don't come to them. They come to you.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
ive been thinking it for months but decided today to start

im still not sure if i should quit my job , (im only a teenager it cant do that much harm) and do it full time

i cant wait though ive seen thousands of fights and i have better knowledge than most 17 year olds so i dont know i cant be good
Give it some time and see what you have. Go for a month or two, get some sparring in, see what your coach says and then if all is good, really go for it.

You're young so this is your chance.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

yep, im very young , im having some problems in work [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and i just think

why not i love boxing

do you box
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
dyolf82
HOBKS
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 31
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

Know that if you start boxing you will never be able to completely stop... it is addictive and time consuming, prepare to sacrafice your social life. Other than that you'll feel like a new man.
dyolf82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyolf82
Know that if you start boxing you will never be able to completely stop... it is addictive and time consuming, prepare to sacrafice your social life. Other than that you'll feel like a new man.
thanks


yeah i am , i really want to do this , i dont know if any of the gyms near my area actually are open full time though

see i want to start this from scratch
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #10
dyolf82
HOBKS
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 31
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Going to start out

regardless hwether there open or not, take what you learn home with you thats when you get better. I'm from Kentucky so i'll quote ALI "the hardest work is when there is no one to cheer you on"
dyolf82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013