boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #121
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Mundines career may be over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
I cant remember
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #122
percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Hey oz dont get me mixed up with the nuthuggers as you say.
Where have you seen me write about my love for Mundine or even sound as though I want to **** him up the **** shoot?you havent I say what is real and no more I am no more a nut hugger then you are so please if your gonna have a go use something new.
And I say again yeh I do follow Mundines career but I dont bend over for him.
percy davo is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 03:00 AM   #123
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 86

eye reckon i could kick mundines ass in a game of eye spy with my little eye something beginning with eye.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #124
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter Mcgavin
Something to remember for all Australian boxing fans

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hey Oz do you reckon Vic head butting the canvas knocked him out more hence the dance afterwoods? I just picked up on that he pile drives his head into the canvas trying to get up, what do you think? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Watching these videos reminded me of the fighter I strongly believed could beat Mikkel Kessler. After the Soliman fight i was dead set pumped. It looked like he had turned it up another level. Needless to say the Neivas fight was very dissappointing IMO. He really looked like he wasn't focused. WOuld love to see him come back and show the form that he captured in the Soliman fight. I would be behind Choc 100% vs Kessler.

IMO the Kessler fight was make or break for Choc, and whilst he didn't win, he showed courage under fire, in there with a true undefeated champion. He gave him the toughest fight of his career, and proved to himself more then anything that he can hang with any fighter in the world.

This is why I was so dissapointed to see him fight a guy like Neivas, and then perform the way he did. It wasn't awful, but my expectations were so much higher.

The fighter I saw against Green and Soliman was a true world class fighter. he gave away his RJJ impersonations, and focused on good techincal boxing. Working off the jab, countering with the cross and using his shoulder role to evade the right hands. His defense impressed me more then anything else. It was brilliant. After these fights I actually rated Mundine (and still do) as one of the best defensive fighters in boxing.

Then came the Neivas fight. He wouldn't let his hands go. Tried to clown and showboat like Roy which looked silly. Sat on the ropes and ate punches like Roy Jones used to do also.

The whole time I could tell exactly what he thought before he stepped out. he didn't take it seriously, and wanted to show off to the crowd, which really IMO is pretty typical of wannabe hip hop culture. Trying to look cool in winning. IMO he failed miserabley. He stopped boxing and couldn't KO a third rate opponent.

Anyway, the point is that I was really dissapointed in the Neivas fight. He was on such a high after Green and Soliman, and then to face that sort of opponent, and perform in that way was such a let down. It seemed as if half way through he once again lost confidence in himself. He was very tenative and almost seemed afraid to throw punches to avoid getting caught. He stopped thinking in the ring, and became a one dimensional fighter.

I do hope that he can pull through the injury and show us once again the form and confidence that he had. If he can just get the self belief to fight one of the top guys, especially against Kessler I would definitely rate him as a live underdog. If he won, it would be a massive achievement, and a special moment in Australian sport, especially considering all the setbacks he has come through to get this far.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #125
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Watching these videos reminded me of the fighter I strongly believed could beat Mikkel Kessler. After the Soliman fight i was dead set pumped. It looked like he had turned it up another level. Needless to say the Neivas fight was very dissappointing IMO. He really looked like he wasn't focused. WOuld love to see him come back and show the form that he captured in the Soliman fight. I would be behind Choc 100% vs Kessler.

IMO the Kessler fight was make or break for Choc, and whilst he didn't win, he showed courage under fire, in there with a true undefeated champion. He gave him the toughest fight of his career, and proved to himself more then anything that he can hang with any fighter in the world.

This is why I was so dissapointed to see him fight a guy like Neivas, and then perform the way he did. It wasn't awful, but my expectations were so much higher.

The fighter I saw against Green and Soliman was a true world class fighter. he gave away his RJJ impersonations, and focused on good techincal boxing. Working off the jab, countering with the cross and using his shoulder role to evade the right hands. His defense impressed me more then anything else. It was brilliant. After these fights I actually rated Mundine (and still do) as one of the best defensive fighters in boxing.

Then came the Neivas fight. He wouldn't let his hands go. Tried to clown and showboat like Roy which looked silly. Sat on the ropes and ate punches like Roy Jones used to do also.

The whole time I could tell exactly what he thought before he stepped out. he didn't take it seriously, and wanted to show off to the crowd, which really IMO is pretty typical of wannabe hip hop culture. Trying to look cool in winning. IMO he failed miserabley. He stopped boxing and couldn't KO a third rate opponent.

Anyway, the point is that I was really dissapointed in the Neivas fight. He was on such a high after Green and Soliman, and then to face that sort of opponent, and perform in that way was such a let down. It seemed as if half way through he once again lost confidence in himself. He was very tenative and almost seemed afraid to throw punches to avoid getting caught. He stopped thinking in the ring, and became a one dimensional fighter.

I do hope that he can pull through the injury and show us once again the form and confidence that he had. If he can just get the self belief to fight one of the top guys, especially against Kessler I would definitely rate him as a live underdog. If he won, it would be a massive achievement, and a special moment in Australian sport, especially considering all the setbacks he has come through to get this far.
You must have expected big things from him against Nievas. He fought down to the level of his opponent, he is not the first person to do it or the last. He will the lift for the bigger fights like he has over the last few yrs.

I too rate Mundine as one of the better defensive fighters in the game today.
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #126
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
You must have expected big things from him against Nievas. He fought down to the level of his opponent, he is not the first person to do it or the last. He will the lift for the bigger fights like he has over the last few yrs.

I too rate Mundine as one of the better defensive fighters in the game today.
I did expect better. I know that JC and others do the same things also, and I am equally dissapointed when it happens then. If Cotto were to do the equivilant, I would be the first one to point it out believe it or not. I think a lot of people thought I was just hating on Mundine after the Neivas fight, but the fact is I was actually just very dissapointed with his effort as a fan.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #127
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I'm just wondering if all these Mundine nuthuggers crying over the lack of sympathy being displayed about his eye were as worried about Danny Green's career possibily being over after he fried himself vs Sullivan
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #128
SOULS 04
Journeyman

and mundine licked a contact lens out of stupidity...

rather be envious that stupid
SOULS 04 is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 11:22 PM   #129
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Mundine's eye problem did not come about due to him feeling envy or jealousy about another fighter or resentment to them, it came about through an unlucky accident that had nothing to do with him proving himself to the public.

and that's all I have to say about that
Unlucky accident....... A piece of Unparallelled Gross Stupidity....more like it.....

What sort of moronic intelligence does it take to have an eye operation.....be wearing protective contact lenses.....drop lens on dirty floor......clean lens with a haven for biological mutations (Mundine's big mouth).....and then pop lens back into eye socket.

The Expression......."Dumb as Dog****" has never seemed more appropriate.

The Dumb**** deserves everything he gets.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 08-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #130
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
it came about through an unlucky accident
Whats your birth got to do with this thread ?
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #131
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr
Whats your birth got to do with this thread ?
ahahahahahaha
Sai is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #132
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Where the **** is Jack Daniels?

I reckon this news would have brought him out of the closet
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum