Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Artur Abraham vs Khoren Gevor+undercard

German based Armenian midde weight top gun Artur Abraham(23-0)will square off against his very capable compatriot Khoren Gevor(27-2) august the 18th in Germany's capital Berlin.
Gevor is a teak tough cookie,a true warrior who is cut out for an entertaining fight due to his exciting style.I guess that Khoren will put all his eggs into one basket going for Abraham with blazing guns trying to engage him in a war of attrition.I have watched quite a lot of Gevor's fight either live or on tv,and I am damn sure that he will give Artur hell in their upcomming bout.
Gevor twice lost to the very decent czech middle weight Lukas Konecny.
Both fights were stopped due to injuries,and both fights were fairly close at the time when they were stopped.
And by the way both fights were true fun to watch.I for sure bet my money on Abraham by either a close point decision or a late stoppage victory.
Abraham has the edge in firepower and big fight experience,but he wont be able to give Gevor short shrift nor will he be able to play it safe against this fearless brawler.
The fight could be quite similar to the one Abraham had with that African Kofi Jantuah.
As I see it Abraham will come up against very stiff resistance against his compatriot who plays in a different league compared with Abraham's last opponent Demers.
The undercard of Abraham vs Gevor is quite good,too.
Michel Trabant (43-2) vs Giammario Grasselini(16-1)
Mads Larsen (47-2) vs Nader Hamdan(40-4)
Yoan Hernandez(11-0) vs Lawrence Chapman(19-4)
Karo Murat (11-0) vs Jermain Mackey (14-1)
Alexander Frenkel(11-0) vs Shawn Swartz(18-5)
Lukasz Janik(5-0) vs Rachid El Hadak (11-4)
Thomas Troelenberg(11-0) vs Wassim Khalil(3-2)

Amazing! Very tough matches for some of Sauerland's fighters!
I have never seen the Polish cruiser Lukasz Janik neither live nor on tv,but I am wondering why the hell will he face such a pretty good opponent in his 6th pro fight.
El Hadak is an extremely tough,durable,and dangerous fighter who had his moments against either top cruiser weight gun Marco Huck and czech silver medalist Rudolf Kraj.El Hadak lost his last pro fight against hard hitting former amateur star Ali Ismailov.
What a tough match for the inexperienced Pole!

Frenkel,who is still quite green,will fight a more or less decent opponent,too.His foe,the American Shawn Swartz has already shared a ring with top fighters like Grigory Drozd or Vadim Tokarev.
However,compared with Janik's opponent it should be a walk in the park for the Russian-German.

German based Armenian Karo Murat will also face a very difficult opponent in his 12th pro fight.His opponent Jermain Mackey has only lost once in his pro career so far.He went 12 rounds with Jean Pascal who beat Kingley Ikeke in his last outing to a ring.Tough fight for Karo Murat!

Cuban cruiser weight talent Yoan Hernandez will also face a fairly decent opponent:Lawrence Chapmam from the USA.
Chapman drawed against Donell Wiggins in his last fight,and has shared the ring with the likes of Vitaly Tsypko,Robert Stieglitz,and Antwun Echols.

Mads Larsen will have another stiff test when squaring off against Australian based Arab Hamdan.

Good and very tough matchmaking! I will watch this fight event live,and I am glad that this fight card looks very interesting -at least on paper.

To tell the truth I am still flubbergasted that Janik will face such a tough opponent in his 6th pro fight.The Pole must be either a truly great talent who is able to go very far or be the square peg in Sauerland's hole who doesnt fit in his stable anymore.

All in all a very good fight card IMO.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Artur Abraham vs Khoren Gevor+undercard

I saw Janik's 3 or 4 fights and he impressed me a lot. He fights smartly, has good handspeed and defence. His stamina is good for 6-rounds fight. He fights similar to Huck but not as good as him of course. However I'm surprised that Janik will fight such a good opponent . I wish him all best and I think he can win this one IMO
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 850

does anybody here know anything about this abraham/wegener documentary movie? a couple of days there was a trailer on the front page, "harte hände" or something.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I belive that King Arthur will outclass and stop Gevor.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

gevor only wins if he uses his southpaw stance to jab and move, getting the much stronger abraham to charge after him, then counter and tie him up.

if gevor looks for exchanges, he is a dead man. he has neither the power nor the strength to hurt abraham.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

What i've seen of Gevor hasn't impressed me the least and on top of that he lost twice to Lukas Konecny, no matter what the excuses, which is ... ehh .... bad ...
Should be an easy night for AA, but we'll see.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
rrezike
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
What i've seen of Gevor hasn't impressed me the least and on top of that he lost twice to Lukas Konecny, no matter what the excuses, which is ... ehh .... bad ...
Should be an easy night for AA, but we'll see.
Its a pitty that we havent seen Winky vs abraham.
rrezike is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

gevor can fight. and he is trained by fritz sdunek........wich is an advantage to him. but AA has too much natural ability.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #9
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
gevor can fight. and he is trained by fritz sdunek........wich is an advantage to him.
Don´t know about that... Ulli Wegner is one heck of a trainer as well.

I expect a one-sided fight, but still I feel that it is an interesting match-up. Well... I am a big King Arthur fan, so I get exxhited every time he steps in the ring.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BOX_FAN*
I saw Janik's 3 or 4 fights and he impressed me a lot. He fights smartly, has good handspeed and defence. His stamina is good for 6-rounds fight. He fights similar to Huck but not as good as him of course. However I'm surprised that Janik will fight such a good opponent . I wish him all best and I think he can win this one IMO
He must be pretty good in order to beat El Hadak in his 6 th pro fight.
The French based Arab has a proven track record,and showed quite decent performances against the likes of Huck and Kraj.He also went the full route with former amateur star Ali Ismailov who for sure has pop in his fists.
I guess that he will have to nail his colours to the mast in his fight against El Hadak.I wish him good luck,too,but he 'd better keep his nose to the grindstone or he'll be in for a bad surprise against the rough Arab.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Here's a preview on the fight:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 AM   #12
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

Quote:

Thanx for the link. There must be bad blood between the two because I know theres no way the two couldnt be friends both being Armenian in a foreign country working out in the same gym. Im not too happy theyre fighting eachother, but hey business is business. I hope though that Abraham wins and Gevor gets his stock raised through the fight.
Hrak is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #13
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca

Decent preview,tom!

Abraham vs Gevor will probably be quite similar to Abraham's encounter with African Kofi Jantuah.
I for my part expect a very exciting and extremely entertaining fight.
I very much hope that this particular fight wont fall short of my expectations because I am going to watch it live in Berlin's Schmelling arena.
Tough fight for Abraham IMO.Gevor will give him hell in the ring-at least within the first half of their encounter.
Gevor has a good chin and can take some good punches.
Abraham by either late stoppage or by point decision.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #14
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yoan Hernandez looked pretty good last time i saw him on the Abraham-Demers undercard, he could be a good fighter with a few more fights under his belt.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsLad
Yoan Hernandez looked pretty good last time i saw him on the Abraham-Demers undercard, he could be a good fighter with a few more fights under his belt.
He still needs a lot of time to take on decent opponents IMO.He struggled with an Argentinian journeyman who even scored a knockdown against the young Cuban.
Hernandez is a very talented fighter,but he seems to have difficulties in following a strict game plan.
Alexeev wiped the floor with that abovementioned Argentinian journeyman.
Anyway! There is really no need to rush him into big fights.Hernandez is still a very young greenhorn.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum