Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #31
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328
Default Re: Artur Abraham vs Khoren Gevor+undercard

No matter what, Gevors stock went up after this fight. He should go down to 154 lb, hill be a serious player there.
Hrak is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #32
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I truly enjoyed yesterday's fight card in Germany's capital Berlin.
Abraham vs Gevor was a true war.Armenian warrior Gevor almost upset the apple car giving hell to Abraham in their encounter.Both fighters are a chip off the old same block.Props to both of them for such a great fight which was pure fun to watch.The crowd went emotionally beserk quite a few times during their extremely entertaining and exciting performance.
Gevor met his match in Abraham who put him out of action in round 11,but hell though Gevor got the short end of the stick he made the water dangerously hot for his compatriot putting all his eggs into one basket duking it out with Abraham.If Gevor had fought just a little bit more cautiously he might have been able to win a point decision against his great rival from their beloved country Armenia.
What a feast for the eyes this great battle was!One of the best middle weight fights I have seen within the last couple of years,and for sure one of the best fights I have seen this year so far.
Abraham took some good shots(Gevor even stunned him in round 7? if I remember correctly) but proved that he rules the roost.
Despite his ko loss Gevor for sure belongs among the top 10 of his weight division.

As for the other fights young Cuban cruiser Hernandez had an easy task blowing out a black Columbian who seemed to be totally intimidated by the crowd,and when he caught sight of his opponent his heart went right into his boots.Hernandez deserves praise for his flawless performance,but to tell the truth that fight didnt really prove anything.
His Russian stablemate Frenkel also gave his foe short shrift taking him out in brutal fashion.His American opponent Swartz seemed to be seriously hurt by Frenkel powerful shot.Most ring observers feared for the worst.
German talent Troelenberg had some trouble with experienced journeyman Algoet winning a point decision.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #33
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioterbezkitu
Have you seen Janik-Hadak fight? Could you give me some info on this encounter? It ended as a MD for Janik. Thanks in advance
Polish greenhorn Janik faced a cagey and teak tough French based Arab fighter with a proven track record who had already shared the ring with the likes of Kraj,Huck,and Ismailov.It was a very difficult fight for the young Pole,and to be fair the young cruiser's opponent El Hadak was better than either Hernandez's and Frenkel's opponent.However,both Hernandez and Frenkel have far more pro experience than the young Pole.
As for the fight it was a very close fight,and El Hadak was even able to hurt his opponent quite badly with one of his punches.However,luck was young Janik's companian as he managed to survive the few seconds till the bell sounded to announce the ring break.
Janik came back quite strongly in round 3 ,but El Hadak offered stiff resistance throughout their entire encounter.The Pole won a majority decision,but the fight could have gone either way IMO.Janik's heavier punches probably tipped the scale in favour of him.
El Hadak was a brute of a problem for the young Pole,and a good shot across the bugs at the right point of his pro career.
The Pole has pop in his fists,and I was quite impressed how well he came back after El Hadak had hurt him quite badly.He seems to be mentally quite tough,and nobody can really doubt his heart,but....he strongly lacks experience and shouldnt try to bomb an opponent like El Hadak out of the ring.I somehow doubt that Janik will ever be a true top dog,but he can go fairly far IMO.
However,someone like Alexeev would give him a lesson in boxing dismantling him within 4 rounds schooling him from pillar to post.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #34
Mick4

vCash: 910

Quote:
His Russian stablemate Frenkel also gave his foe short shrift taking him out in brutal fashion.His American opponent Swartz seemed to be seriously hurt by Frenkel powerful shot.Most ring observers feared for the worst.
I saw him interviewed on German tv, and he didn't sound like a native speaker to me (My German is very bad though, so I'm not sure), but his name sounds German, is he actually Russian?
Mick4 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #35
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick4
I saw him interviewed on German tv, and he didn't sound like a native speaker to me (My German is very bad though, so I'm not sure), but his name sounds German, is he actually Russian?
I am not really sure,mick! I guess that he has a german passport.
Due to better marketiblity in Germany fighters like Artur Abraham,Felix Sturm,or Macro Huck had to change their names.I have no clue whether Alexander Frenkel is his real name or not.I havent been that much interested in him up to now.
However,he for sure is no native German.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #36
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

In the first half of the fight it looked good for Gevor. He showed great chín and heart but at some point of the fight after the 7th or 8th round i realised Gevor wont withstand Abrahams power for 12 rounds. Abraham was looking for the KO, from begin to the end and sometimes it didnt look verry good but at the end he got the job done and was ahead on points too.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #37
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Alexander Frenkel is his real name and he was born in the Ukraine. But since according to Odo there is no such thing as ethnic Germans in Eastern Europe you can include him in whatever ethnic slavic group you feel like. Odo wants him to be Russian, so be it, what's you preference, Polish maybe?
NBT is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #38
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

How did you score the first 10 rounds?

I had it 99-91 for King Arthur.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #39
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You can´t score rounds for Abraham simply because he did what he wanted for 30 seconds. Round lasts 3 minutes.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #40
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
You canīt score rounds for Abraham simply because he did what he wanted for 30 seconds. Round lasts 3 minutes.
Abraham surely got more done inside those 30 seconds tha Gevor got done in 2.30 of the rounds.

Anyone could see that Abraham was in the control of the fight all the time. The official score were 98-91, 97-93 and 97-95 for Abraham. What the heck was the last judge thinking? Ringsidegirls? Gevorīs ass?
Toney is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #41
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

my score at ringside was 98-93 Abraham...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #42
rrezike
Journeyman

Quote:
He is Ukranian
rrezike is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #43
rrezike
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB
You canīt score rounds for Abraham simply because he did what he wanted for 30 seconds. Round lasts 3 minutes.

Cmon man even Sdunek admited that after the 6th round there was no game for Gevor. Gevor tactic was really good but he couldnt stand 12 rounds like that. When he stopped moving he convicted him, self with a KO.

And stop telling me that Abraham has just played 30 sekonds in his last rounds. It was the tactic guys.

By the way the fight should gave been stopped before the KO
rrezike is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #44
rrezike
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB

Cmon man even Sdunek admited that after the 6th round there was no game for Gevor. Gevor tactic was really good but he couldnt stand 12 rounds like that. When he stopped moving he convicted him, self with a KO.

And stop telling me that Abraham has just played 30 sekonds in his last rounds. It was the tactic guys.

By the way the fight should gave been stopped before the KO
rrezike is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #45
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

I just watched the whole fight on youtube, it was a tough fight to score, but I scored it 98-94 Abraham with rounds 2 and 9 even
Hrak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum