Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #31
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya speaks on chances of a Floyd Mayweather Jr Rematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
It should've been for the WBA/WBC unficiation, but Quartey was stripped of the WBA belt right before he fought Oscar. Eventually James "pound for pound king (thanks George" Page won the vacant WBA belt.
Oh thats right for not fighting his Mando ..Either way Quartey was a beast at welter I don't know how anyone could not think he was good ..
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #32
Sinew
The Assassin
ESB Addict

Location: NJ; training to be a supreme fighter, clashing bone and sinew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
more crap from oscar, he was doing just fine when he had smaller guys live chavez, and sweet pea in front of him. the minute he gets a small guy who fought 71% of his fights at 130 (floyd) in the ring he wants to talk about standing and trading.

where was his bravado against b-hop and trinidad. Oscar is a joke lets see him go to 147 and challenge margarito, williams, and cintron guys who are his size and see him talk about banging.
Good post. He should go back down. He wasnt really doing anything at 154. I doubt he wants to fight ntaural 154 lb'ers either. So he is better suited for 147 where fewer fighters in that divison know how to box and carry solid power.
Sinew is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #33
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Im no DLH fan, but damn the dude gets too much greif for running for 3 rounds against Tito.
All this coming from the guy who calls PBF the biggest coward in boxing. ****ing hypocrit.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #34
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
running from tito and running fom tata is a big difference.
especially when you factor in that Tata's chin is granite and Tito's was not so...also the fact that Oscar had comparable power to Tito in his left hook, while Tata outweighed PBF by over 10 lbs on fightnight...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #35
keepemup
Journeyman

Am I the only one who thinks that the DLH v. Mayweather match was exciting?! I must've watched it some 50 times now.

Oscar took a beating in that match and there's all I can say about that. If he wants to fight in a phone booth he'd still lose.

I do wanna see a rematch however. Oscar gonna get ktfo. However, we all know that Oscar isn't willing to get hammered like that again.
keepemup is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #36
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepemup
Am I the only one who thinks that the DLH v. Mayweather match was exciting?! I must've watched it some 50 times now.

Oscar took a beating in that match and there's all I can say about that. If he wants to fight in a phone booth he'd still lose.

I do wanna see a rematch however. Oscar gonna get ktfo. However, we all know that Oscar isn't willing to get hammered like that again.
You call that a beating ? He looked like he was in a cat fight ..And Floyd would never fight him in a phone booth 1 no real reasosn for it and 2 he knows he would get knocked out .And hammered like that did you ever watch the first fight w/Mosley ?
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #37
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

It was a decent fight.

A lot of people worried that it would be a one-sided stinker, so the general consensus (around here) immediately afterwards that it was a pretty good fight. Now it's being called a lousy, boring fight.

It was suspenseful and good enough when it was live, but the replay value isn't all that good. Kind of like Oscar's fight with Quartey, only that had more suspense because it was closer (and even though that fight only had 2 good rounds, it still had more action than PBF-DLH).
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #38
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Oscar doesn't want to fight Floyd for all the reasons he mentioned. He wants to fight someone who will stand in front of him meaning w/his size and power he will have an advantage in most fights. He's not looking to fight anyone w/Floyd's skillset again

What he got against Floyd was a guy who could move, who was faster, smarter, and just better. Floyd fought a beautiful fight on the outside, and when he would become offensive. Please someone in here tell me what Oscar was doing when Floyd was offensive? He sat back and got tagged, and didn't do to much fighting himself! Then when he would get Floyd against the ropes who dished out the better punishment? Oscar swung more that's for sure, and it looked good to the crowd, but he took more punishment than he dished out. He was hurt by a nice body blow, in the 11th rd I believe, and was buckled in the 5th. Oscar had moments, but he clearly lost a fight that IMO wasn't close. The only damage done that fight was by Floyd!

I don't blame Oscar
Biggame is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #39
keepemup
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1
You call that a beating ? He looked like he was in a cat fight ..And Floyd would never fight him in a phone booth 1 no real reasosn for it and 2 he knows he would get knocked out .And hammered like that did you ever watch the first fight w/Mosley ?
It wasn't a vicious beating, but it was a beating nonetheless. Oscar struggled to escape Floyd's jab, left hook, and straight right hand... not to mention the right hook.

Oscar was tough, he took the shots well and kept coming. He put up a decent fight, but he was no match for Floyd Mayweather that night.
keepemup is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #40
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It wasn't a vicious beating, but it was a beating nonetheless. Oscar struggled to escape Floyd's jab, left hook, and straight right hand... not to mention the right hook.

Oscar was tough, he took the shots well and kept coming. He put up a decent fight, but he was no match for Floyd Mayweather that night.
did u watch the same fight on may 5th? ur crazy.
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #41
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Oscar doesn't want to fight Floyd for all the reasons he mentioned. He wants to fight someone who will stand in front of him meaning w/his size and power he will have an advantage in most fights. He's not looking to fight anyone w/Floyd's skillset again

What he got against Floyd was a guy who could move, who was faster, smarter, and just better. Floyd fought a beautiful fight on the outside, and when he would become offensive. Please someone in here tell me what Oscar was doing when Floyd was offensive? He sat back and got tagged, and didn't do to much fighting himself! Then when he would get Floyd against the ropes who dished out the better punishment? Oscar swung more that's for sure, and it looked good to the crowd, but he took more punishment than he dished out. He was hurt by a nice body blow, in the 11th rd I believe, and was buckled in the 5th. Oscar had moments, but he clearly lost a fight that IMO wasn't close. The only damage done that fight was by Floyd!

I don't blame Oscar
great post as always
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #42
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
did u watch the same fight on may 5th? ur crazy
how many rounds did you give oscar and which ones..this should be funny
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #43
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
Deservedly so.

Especially when he makes comments like these. Trinidad-DLH could have been a legendary scrap if DLH fought like he's talking here, but he had no problem employing a hit-n-run style for that entire bout.

Its ok when it suits him.
U are exactly right on that This rematch could happen though, because DLH was trying to fight Hatton next year in May, but a lost to Floyd would cut that short. Which mean a possible rematch. Unless Cotto beats Mosley, then DLH would probably challenge Cotto.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #44
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
how many rounds did you give oscar and which ones..this should be funny

when I scored it first time I had it 7-5 mayweather, I would had to rewatch it again to see wich rounds,
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #45
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
when I scored it first time I had it 7-5 mayweather, I would had to rewatch it again to see wich rounds,
cool let me know which rounds you gave him because anything other then 7-5 mayweather is being biased and giving oscar credit for doing nothing effective.
bigtime9 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum